Kenny Brit-WR-Rutgers

Vudu

I think he'd be great if we trade up in rd 2, but only if we are keeping Coles for a year, Britt is not ready to be a 2 or a 1, not yet anyway he needs some seasoning. Grab him now and a 2011 roster of Cotch as 1, Britt as 2, Clowney as 3 and Stuckey as 4 looks good to me.

That would be great if we could grab him in the later rounds, but i think it's safe to say he is not going to be there. The furthest I see him dropping is the beginning of round 2.

He's 6'4" 220 lbs with a lot of athleticism. He carried that Rutgers team the entire season, while playing with one of the ****tiest quarterbacks in Mike Teel. He has very strong hands, plays physical and isn't as slow as many think. There are many reports that he should run roughly around 4.45.

I personally believe that he is in the second tier of receivers with Nicks and DHB, with Crab, Maclin and Harvin being in the first tier. That's not saying I think the later will have a better pro-career, but that's how i feel theyll come off the board.

I was wondering if you would see this. I would guarantee everyone putting Britt down has seen maybe one Rutgers game and is going off scouting reports. Having a handful of friends who play ball down there, I've seen almost every game Britt has played.

It's purely logistical, if he wasn't a lock to go within the first two rounds...an absolute lock per the advisory panel (barring he times well), there is no way in hell that he would have declared, and that was well known at the time. Especially considering positional value and the depth of this class....there is an outside (and I do mean it's a very outside) chance that he slips into the third, but don't bet on it if (and IMO when) he runs a sub 4.5.

i dont see much in britt.. buttt, i love hakeem nicks.. the guy looked like l fitz in their bowl game.. britt is an overrated rutgers player i think. if he wasnt local, he wouldnt be on our radars at all

Overrated?? He's being rated as a top 5 WR by most. Mayock, who usually knows his CBs and WRs has him as his 5th overall WR, behind Crab, Maclin, DHB and Harvin, respectively.

I am by no means a Rutgers homer, I am a huge LSU fan. But, he has very strong hands, good leaping ability, good body control in the air, has incredible heart and fire and basically carried Rutgers all this year. Doing this all with Mike Teel as his QB. That's just impressive.

As for Nicks, there game is very similar, I'm not sure how you can love one and hate on the other. Nicks may play stronger for his size, but doesn't have an advantage in speed, leaping ability or really anything. He may end up being a better reciever, but as of now, if Britt runs a 4.45 40, at 6'3 220, I'd take him over Nicks.

Who cares if he's cute or not, he's a big target with good speed!

We need another 5'11-6'0" WR like I need a case of the herpes right now

i would love us to get Kenny Britt. Think of the possibilities Britt/Cotchery/Keller all we are missing is a qb. hopefully Ratliff or Clemens turns into the QB we are hoping for

Mid-late 2nd...though his position always opens the possibility of being overdrafted. The problem with Britt is that he's a straight up dickhead...I'm talking epic levels of tooldom.

What kind of combine is he going to have? You obviously know him. Is it going to help him enough for him to move some or is he one of the those guys that it wont hurt or help? And is he as big of an a-hole to be concerned?

What kind of combine is he going to have? You obviously know him. Is it going to help him enough for him to move some or is he one of the those guys that it wont hurt or help? And is he as big of an a-hole to be concerned?

Depends, from what I've heard he's fine when it comes to his teammates, but from firsthand impressions he came off as a complete and utter toolbox. It'll be hashed out during interviews IMO...personally I think it's being a tad under-reported, but that's just an opinion, his attitude really hasn't affected his play neither his relationship with his team thus far, but the diva signs are certainly there. FWIW there's a good character-driven veteran base on this team, so that's always a plus...I doubt Ryan would take any sh-t either. There's always the possibility that I caught him on a bad day as well.

Not a burner by any means, so no one's expecting him to blow people away with his 40, personally from what I've seen and heard he'll break a 4.5 (or at least come damn close to it), which is what everyone's expecting of him. Physically he's damn impressive though and in terms of YAC he might be only 2nd to Crabtree in this receiving class. Not a burner by any means, he has the ability to be a #1 but that's not unconditional...IMO it would depend on the system.

Depends, from what I've heard he's fine when it comes to his teammates, but from firsthand impressions he came off as a complete and utter toolbox. It'll be hashed out during interviews IMO...personally I think it's being a tad under-reported, but that's just an opinion, his attitude really hasn't affected his play neither his relationship with his team thus far, but the diva signs are certainly there. FWIW there's a good character-driven veteran base on this team, so that's always a plus...I doubt Ryan would take any sh-t either. There's always the possibility that I caught him on a bad day as well.

Not a burner by any means, so no one's expecting him to blow people away with his 40, personally from what I've seen and heard he'll break a 4.5 (or at least come damn close to it), which is what everyone's expecting of him. Physically he's damn impressive though and in terms of YAC he might be only 2nd to Crabtree in this receiving class. Not a burner by any means, he has the ability to be a #1 but that's not unconditional...IMO it would depend on the system.

Is he a possession guy or does he have the game changer in him? Put it this way, would you want him on the Jets?

Because I more on the side of us getting a burner with game breaking ability. We have possession receivers.

Is he a possession guy or does he have the game changer in him? Put it this way, would you want him on the Jets?

Because I more on the side of us getting a burner with game breaking ability. We have possession receivers.

I get where you're coming from with wanting a burner, because I want one to. It's just the way it is that most guys who run faster than 4.5 don't require the extra defensive attention, because they aren't going to beat most corners 1 on 1. However, there are those slower receivers who can consistently gain downfield separation despite their slow 40 times.

I like Britt, I think he is a hell of a receiver and will end up running a 4.45 40, but I'm not 100% sold that he will be able to get consistent separation downfield, which is what I want.

I have always been sour on Percy Harvin, because of the system he's coming from, Florida's recent history with receivers and his injury history. However, I don't think he would have been as injured if Meyer didn't put him in the position to get drilled so often by the linebackers. Also, he just has that elite talent that only comes around once in a while and I feel he has the skills to drastically affect defensive gameplans and open up things for our other recievers like Cotch, Keller and Coles. I still am kinda soured on him, but there's this little part of me who kind of wants a player of his talent.

Not a burner at all. More physical, think a taller Boldin-type.

Not sure I'd want him on the Jets, ask me again after the combine. I need to see how he interviews first.

I get where you're coming from with wanting a burner, because I want one to. It's just the way it is that most guys who run faster than 4.5 don't require the extra defensive attention, because they aren't going to beat most corners 1 on 1. However, there are those slower receivers who can consistently gain downfield separation despite their slow 40 times.

I like Britt, I think he is a hell of a receiver and will end up running a 4.45 40, but I'm not 100% sold that he will be able to get consistent separation downfield, which is what I want.

I have always been sour on Percy Harvin, because of the system he's coming from, Florida's recent history with receivers and his injury history. However, I don't think he would have been as injured if Meyer didn't put him in the position to get drilled so often by the linebackers. Also, he just has that elite talent that only comes around once in a while and I feel he has the skills to drastically affect defensive gameplans and open up things for our other recievers like Cotch, Keller and Coles. I still am kinda soured on him, but there's this little part of me who kind of wants a player of his talent.

Percy IMO and Im not being a homer, will be a special player. He has so much talent that I still think is untapped, its ridiculous.

I see him as a Santan Moss but better with the ability to line up in the backfield as well.

Not a burner at all. More physical, think a taller Boldin-type.

Not sure I'd want him on the Jets, ask me again after the combine. I need to see how he interviews first.

A taller Boldin sounds nice!

When in need of a WR, look to Rutgers. :donk:

Who cares what school they go to? If they have all the capabilities to be an NFL wide Reciever then why not? When you think of great Wide Recievers do you think of Marshall? Randy Moss would have a thing or two to say about that.:rolleyes:

Who cares what school they go to? If they have all the capabilities to be an NFL wide Reciever then why not? When you think of great Wide Recievers do you think of Marshall? Randy Moss would have a thing or two to say about that.:rolleyes:

Bronzey with the searing-hot burn of logic.

Even the biggest RU fan on the board, now that madmike1 is gone, RJF, doesn't think Britt with the Jets is a good thing. I think I'll go with his logic.

Even the biggest RU fan on the board, now that madmike1 is gone, RJF, doesn't think Britt with the Jets is a good thing. I think I'll go with his logic.

It's not that I don't want him, it's that I know enough about him that I'll hold judgement in order to wait and see how he handles the interview processes at the combine. I'll read the reviews and then judge as they're designed to gage what type of locker room presence and worker they'll be, and IMO they get better every year. I definitely came off strongly in my initial post, though as I said a few later, perhaps I just caught him on a bad day and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He only went to Marshall after Notre Dame revoked his scholarship. ;)

Archived