How many linkedin connections do you have?

Maxman

And what exactly is THAT supposed to mean?

You big jerk.

I don't dispute that I am a big jerk, both figuratively and literally.

Klecko told me that you're a crotchety old man, so being that you've been at the same small company for so long, I figure your network of contacts, outside the miscreants who post on Internet message boards, is not exactly vast. Don't take things so personally, gramps.

I don't dispute that I am a big jerk, both figuratively and literally.

Klecko told me that you're a crotchety old man, so being that you've been at the same small company for so long, I figure your network of contacts, outside the miscreants who post on Internet message boards, is not exactly vast. Don't take things so personally, gramps.

Keep in mind you're listening to something Klecko said.

Just because I can regularly engage in intelligent conversation and debate he makes the assumption that I must be vastly more intelligent than him (true) and therefore significantly older (faulty logic).

I know of two people who have benefited from this networking site - software engineer geeks - brilliant - but geeks. They all kind of find each other jobs.

I agree, in that I think it seems to be more beneficial for people in IT. Part of that, though, is because IT is a field in which people more frequently change jobs, so you can leverage a lot more colleagues, vendors, customers, etc.

it's kindof like a "professional facebook" also...it's more than just a job site.

...it's primarily a job networking site - professional facebook is a good way to put it - except it does not have the bells and whistles and the dreaded "what are you doing now" stuff and the "take this quiz to see if your a genius" or "who is your celebrity look-alike" junk.

...it's primarily a job networking site - professional facebook is a good way to put it - except it does not have the bells and whistles and the dreaded "what are you doing now" stuff and the "take this quiz to see if your a genius" or "who is your celebrity look-alike" junk.

Wait, so I should modify my Linkedin profile and remove that my IQ is 91 and that my celebrity lookalike is Gerard Depardieu?

• 1 month later...
Has any one ever really benefitted from linkedin?

I refuse to join.

Yes. The answer to that is a definite Yes. There are deals being made through connections found on linkedin daily.

I am up to 64 connections. Big time. If anyone here makes 700k or more please PM me so we can connect. If you make 650k or more you can request it, no guarantees. :-P

Archived