This is disturbing....

Garb

My bull**** alarm is going nuts on this one. What's the source?

The Sun in England. But it's true, it's been on all the news programs over here.

The only reason it made the headlines because the father's 13. There's that many 13/14 year old mothers in the UK, nobody really pays any attention any more.

And their government claims that giving 6 year olds sex education works?

This is a true story...

I have an uncle that sits on the board of a community hospital in a rural town in Virginia... He tells a story of meeting with one of the prenatal doctors and the doctor told him "You'll never believe what I had in my office today"... "A 29 year old grandmother. The grandmother was 14 when she had her daughter, the daughter was 14 when she had her baby, which was almost a year old".

Still boggles my mind just thinking about it.

Just so I go don't go too far off topic, high five the kid for gettin' laid at 12 ;)

I could believe West Va

Isn't that how the Hatfield/Mccoy feud started

a 12 year old hatfield getting a 10 year old mccoy preggo.

:face: It's very close to WVa, so it could be considered the same area. We'll just refer to it as Appalachia.

Hatfield/McCoy also had some land disputes, but yeah, there was a Montague/Capulet sub plot there also.

I guess there's no "age of consent" in the UK. I think they would be prosecuted if in the USA.

Either way, I agree that it is disturbing. The boy's voice hasn't even changed, and his 45-year-old father condones it and say "at least he's not on playstation." Well whoop-dee-****ing-do for him.

They're both minors, so how is there any consent issue here that would warrant prosecution?

Okay, you're probably right. I thought 15 might be the age of consent in some states so that the girl could be prosecuted. But probably not.

It's still creepy and not typical for a 15-year-old being attracted to a 12-year-old. Most girls that age want to go with the older boys, not the ones that look 8 years old.

I guess there's no "age of consent" in the UK. I think they would be prosecuted if in the USA.

Either way, I agree that it is disturbing. The boy's voice hasn't even changed, and his 45-year-old father condones it and say "at least he's not on playstation." Well whoop-dee-****ing-do for him.

sadly i think his dad was passing out cigars

The Sun in England. But it's true, it's been on all the news programs over here.

The only reason it made the headlines because the father's 13. There's that many 13/14 year old mothers in the UK, nobody really pays any attention any more.

And their government claims that giving 6 year olds sex education works?

No prosecution in 13-year-old father case

Police will not be looking to prosecute anyone in the case of a 13-year-old boy who has become a father.

Last Updated: 3:40PM GMT 13 Feb 2009

SUN_1295323f.jpg

Alfie Patten: The schoolboy is now father to 7lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne, born on Monday

Photo: THE SUN

Alfie Patten's girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, 15, gave birth to Maisie Roxanne at the Eastbourne District General Hospital, East Sussex.

A Sussex Police spokeswoman said the force had looked at the case and decided it was "not in anyone's interests" for a prosecution to take place.

In a statement, police said: "Sussex Police Child Protection Team were aware of a 14-year-old girl that had become pregnant as the result of a relationship with a 12-year-old boy.

"A joint agency investigation with East Sussex County Council Children's Services has taken place which has considered the needs of both individuals and there will be continued support for these two young people in the future."

Thirteen-year-old Alfie is the latest in a long line of young UK teenagers to become parents.

The news that 4ft Alfie conceived baby Maisie when he was only 12 renewed calls for better sex education for the nation's children.

England has long had the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in western Europe.

Jenny Teague, of Dorset, was for many years regarded as the UK's youngest mum giving birth in 1997, aged just 12 to Sasha.

Zoe Hodgson, of Birstall, West Yorkshire, was 12 when she conceived and 13 when she gave birth in 2005 to son Leo, whom she used as inspiration to continue her studies, passing 11 GCSEs.

Edinburgh girl Samantha Robertson conceived her daughter Leigha at 14.

After giving birth and finding life difficult she launched "Sassy Mums" - a website for other young mothers.

Natalie Scanlan, 16, of Stalybridge, Greater Manchester, made national news in 2005 by giving birth to triplets. She went on to feature in a television programme about the nation's youngest parents.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4611350/No-prosecution-in-13-year-old-father-case.html

My lord, where the hell were their parents - AT THE PUB?!!:confused:

I'm surprised they haven't tried to have the boy placed on the Sex Offenders List. They love doing that in those sort of cases.

That country really needs to have their chavs sterilised at birth.

Archived