NCAA Men's #1 Seeds

Nick Ferraro

A lot goes into this. Conference tournaments, etc. It's also hard to tell who they'll pick.

UConn could end up a #2 because they did lose Dyson, a key player, for the rest of the season.

I would think UNC is almost a sure thing to be a #1.

dont count out my dukies

so if i bet money on michigan state, im betting that they win the big 12 correct?

If MSU wins the Big 12 I will petition the NCAA to cancewl the Tourney and hand them the NCAA Title as MSU plays in the Big 10 not Big 12:)

dont count out my dukies

They basically have to go unbeaten from here on out including winning the ACC Tourney to have a chance at a 1seed- it's not happening.

Oklahoma barely got beat by a very good texas team, while Griffon was concussed. I agree they don't look like the lock they were before, but I will bet they'll have a big win and a monster game from Griffin on monday if he plays.

I agree. I wrote my post without knowing whether the injury was serious or not. Oklahoma is a good team. But still, their losses leave the door open for a couple teams to leapfrog them for #1 seeds.

Even if Oklahoma loses tomorrow, they will win the Big 12 tourney & become a #1 seed. The Selection Committee will look at their body of work with Blake Griffin, and surely looking at that, they will see a #1 seed team. They also proved even by losing @ Texas that they are a very good team, even without Blake, and I think they will beat Kansas tomorrow regardless if he plays or not. I like this Oklahoma team a LOT.

Right now, here are my #1 seeds:

-Pittsburgh

-Oklahoma

-UNC

-UConn

Very close behind:

-Memphis

-Louisville

IMO, UConn is most likely to slip up and fall to a #2 seed.

Oklahoma barely got beat by a very good texas team, while Griffon was concussed. I agree they don't look like the lock they were before, but I will bet they'll have a big win and a monster game from Griffin on monday if he plays.

When did UT become a very good team?

The top 4 are in stone barring a collapse by any of the 4. There isn't a close team behind those 4 and a team like memphis would need a big collapse by 1 of the 4 to overtake them for a 1 seed.

Memphis is right there with the top 4, junc. Come back to reality.

Come to reality, memphis isn't close right now. 1 of the top 4 would have to collapse in the last 3 weeks. memphis' record is built on their weak conference. They's have to have 2 less losses than the heels, right now they have the same despite playing a much weaker sched.

When did UT become a very good team?

The top 4 are in stone barring a collapse by any of the 4. There isn't a close team behind those 4 and a team like memphis would need a big collapse by 1 of the 4 to overtake them for a 1 seed.

Very good could have been an overstatement, but I still content that they are a good to very good team. What very good team means, could be up for debate. They have a 3-3 record against ranked opponents this year with key wins over 'Nova and just recently a Griffonless Oklahoma.

They have strong play in the paint and from the point, which I think will lead them to a win over kansas in a couple weeks.

While very good probably was the wrong adjective to use for them, I just was making the point that the loss, without Griffon, didn't do too much to hurt their quest for the #1 seed.

• 3 weeks later...

your entire weak argument against Memphis is based on the committee, apparently.

Since you agree with the committee, please explain why Louisville is the #1 overall.

If you don't agree with that, then obviously the committee makes huge mistakes according to you.

your entire weak argument against Memphis is based on the committee, apparently.

Since you agree with the committee, please explain why Louisville is the #1 overall.

If you don't agree with that, then obviously the committee makes huge mistakes according to you.

My weak argument? Obviously you are the one who has the week argument. you werr so sure 2 months ago memphis was going to be a 1 seed and they ran the table while 3 of the 1s lost at least twice and they still couldn't get a 1 seed.

Memphis is a good team but the bottom line is they play in a terrible conference and they played an ok non-conf sched where they didn't fare too well. They only played 3 Tourney teams and lost 2 of those games. That's why they aren't a 1 seed and it was easy to see.

My weak argument? Obviously you are the one who has the week argument. you werr so sure 2 months ago memphis was going to be a 1 seed and they ran the table while 3 of the 1s lost at least twice and they still couldn't get a 1 seed.

Memphis is a good team but the bottom line is they play in a terrible conference and they played an ok non-conf sched where they didn't fare too well. They only played 3 Tourney teams and lost 2 of those games. That's why they aren't a 1 seed and it was easy to see.

We will find out who is right soon enough... if they go deep... they deserved it... if they cant... they didnt...

We will find out who is right soon enough... if they go deep... they deserved it... if they cant... they didnt...

Anything can happen in 1 game. if they lose in rd 2 it doesn't mean they sucked just that they played a poor game. Based on what they did in the reg season they didn't deserve a 1. They are lucky a bunch of teams in real conf's lost some games down the stretch or they wouldn't even have been a 2.

You have a very weak argument. I wasn't sure about anything. I thought they would, but they didn't.

Since the committee is obviously right according to you, why is Louisville the #1 overall seed? Stop dodging. I know you bring nothing to the table, but try and put on a good show.

Anything can happen in 1 game. if they lose in rd 2 it doesn't mean they sucked just that they played a poor game. Based on what they did in the reg season they didn't deserve a 1. They are lucky a bunch of teams in real conf's lost some games down the stretch or they wouldn't even have been a 2.

very dumb argument. They were going to be a #2 anyway.

The comical thing was you insisting they wouldn't get a #2. Now you're trying to cover yourself, and you look like a real moron trying to do it. What else is new?

Archived