Putzier ready to Jet

Smizzy

By Bill Williamson

Denver Post Staff Writer

Post file / John Leyba

Jeb Putzier

The Broncos are dealing with an unexpected decision after the New York Jets signed starting tight end Jeb Putzier to a five-year offer sheet.

In the first move of restricted free agency of the year Putzier signed a $12.5 million offer sheet, with a $2.5 million bonus, with the Jets on Friday. Denver has until 2 p.m. MST on Friday to match the offer.

If the Broncos do not match, Putzier will go to the Jets and Denver will get a sixth-round choice in next month's draft. Putzier was a sixth-round pick in 2002.

Denver low tendered Putzier at $656,000 two weeks ago. Cornerback Lenny Walls was the only Denver player to get the first-round tender of $1.43 million for this season.

"I felt Jeb's value was better than a low tender offer and we wanted to see what the market bared," his agent, Joe Linta, said. "We're happy with this and we're interested to see how the Broncos respond. He does like playing there."

"We're happy with this and we're interested to see how the Broncos respond. He does like playing there."

In other words: "Jeb wants to return to Denver. We expect them to match this offer."

I don't see any quote saying he would love to play for the Jets.

• 4 years later...
hell yeah !!!!

bring this guy in

thanks bro, I saw a name on nfl network I wanted to look into but forgot it. getting old sux :lol:

yea, tell ME about it...I was watching TV today and woke up 2 1/2 hours later (to a mad at me wife)-I wasn't even trying to nap.

BTW...who is this Smizzy guy who started this thread anyway?

yea, tell ME about it...I was watching TV today and woke up 2 1/2 hours later (to a mad at me wife)-I wasn't even trying to nap.

BTW...who is this Smizzy guy who started this thread anyway?

You got my hopes up. I thought Smizzy was back. /cry.

What happened to Smizz, btw? He shorted some peeps in a Fantasy League and is hiding out?

I have talked to him on Goaline Blitz a few times. The last time was a few months ago. He told me that he had a really bad divorce and nobody from JetNation cared how he was doing or asked him about it.

I have talked to him on Goaline Blitz a few times. The last time was a few months ago. He told me that he had a really bad divorce and nobody from JetNation cared how he was doing or asked him about it.

JN doesn't care? Ask him to ask Max about the guy who came looking for him in the Lounge for FF $$$ and who stood up for him.

Archived