What NFL writer do you hate most?

fatcatxl

Who's the biggest bag of water and vinegar

writing?

Right now for me it's Charles Robinson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmwCRkFAXxRZMXXg3PavCfBDubYF?slug=cr-jetsfuture021109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjdoGD0boLLlZrGo5lhPcn5DubYF?slug=cr-afcoffseasonstorylines021309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Appearantly we're retarded for the farve trade

and we'll never recover. How many Jet fans

truly have Cassel pipe dreams? Don't have

delusions of Warner? WTF? STFU.

Yes this thread was started cause I hate this

tool. If I ever get in a fight with him I'll head

butt him in the taint.

Kind of a long list of hated writers to choose from. Robinson sounds like he's ready to be on that list, but when you also have

Peter King (the obvious Pats* love)

Mike Florio (Jet hate, plus seemed to be the mouthpiece of the Pats* organization when the spygate controversy went down)

Rich Cimini (will take any adverserial position on the Jets to sell papers)

Selena Roberts (funny how outraged she was with A-Rod and roids when she basically compared the NFL to the mafia when proclaiming the Jets the bad guys for turning in the Pats*)

Wallace Mathews (said Mangini would win a super bowl before the Jets based on nothing else but the Jets history)

...not to mention a few others as well as non writer personalities (Chwis Wusso, Deion "I can't hit in two sports" Sanders amont them), there's plenty of hate to go around.

Kind of a long list of hated writers to choose from. Robinson sounds like he's ready to be on that list, but when you also have

Mike Florio (Jet hate, plus seemed to be the mouthpiece of the Pats* organization when the spygate controversy went down)

Selena Roberts (funny how outraged she was with A-Rod and roids when she basically compared the NFL to the mafia when proclaiming the Jets the bad guys for turning in the Pats*)

Wallace Mathews (said Mangini would win a super bowl before the Jets based on nothing else but the Jets history)

...not to mention a few others as well as non writer personalities (Chwis Wusso, Deion "I can't hit in two sports" Sanders amont them), there's plenty of hate to go around.

Don't forget Chris "eyebrows" Carter.

Who's the biggest bag of water and vinegar

writing?

Right now for me it's Charles Robinson.

Appearantly we're retarded for the farve trade

and we'll never recover. How many Jet fans

truly have Cassel pipe dreams? Don't have

delusions of Warner? WTF? STFU.

Yes this thread was started cause I hate this

tool. If I ever get in a fight with him I'll head

butt him in the taint.

It was a bad move.

It would have been a wise move if the Jets were only a QB away from the title. You were not. At the time of the trade, the only thing that the trade accomplished was solidify second place.

Even with an uncanny amount of good fortunes for the Jets in regards to last season's AFC Favorites. Brady injury. Chargers imploding. Manning injury and Colts early struggles. The Jets could not even take advantage of the situation and make a serious Superbowl run.

Here we are with 2008 in the books and the Jets have just as many questions if not more.

-QB of the future: ???????

-The team and it's high priced FAs are a year older.

-A new coach and system change with players that struggled to adopt a similar system.

He hit the nail on the head.

It was a bad move.

It would have been a wise move if the Jets were only a QB away from the title. You were not. At the time of the trade, the only thing that the trade accomplished was solidify second place.

Even with an uncanny amount of good fortunes for the Jets in regards to last season's AFC Favorites. Brady injury. Chargers imploding. Manning injury and Colts early struggles. The Jets could not even take advantage of the situation and make a serious Superbowl run.

Here we are with 2008 in the books and the Jets have just as many questions if not more.

-A new coach and system change with players that struggled to adopt a similar system.

Solid post

Favre was a terrible move. He was spent before arriving in NY.

The right move for the future would have been biting the bullet with Penny and drafting a QB with the 1st pick. NY was in perfect position to get a young QB.

Right now, the Lisa Lampinelli of sports writers is tops on my list.

This unprofessional hack is constantly wrong on every issue. Remember her vicious rants against the Duke lacrosse players (never retracted I might add) or her full-throated defense of Michael Vick?

Add in her blame of the Jets for the Pats cheating and now her "gotcha" piece on A-Rod (hey Selena, care to throw in some of the other 103 names on that same list with A-Rod you fraudulent bitch) and she has repeatedly proven she is in way over her head.

Solid post

Favre was a terrible move. He was spent before arriving in NY.

The right move for the future would have been biting the bullet with Penny and drafting a QB with the 1st pick. NY was in perfect position to get a young QB.

Please go to Pat Nation if you two want to have this type of circlejerk.

This unprofessional hack is constantly wrong on every issue. Remember her vicious rants against the Duke lacrosse players (never retracted I might add) or her full-throated defense of Michael Vick?

Add in her blame of the Jets for the Pats cheating and now her "gotcha" piece on A-Rod (hey Selena, care to throw in some of the other 103 names on that same list with A-Rod you fraudulent bitch) and she has repeatedly proven she is in way over her head.

Isn't that the raunchy comedian that does all the black jokes

It was a bad move.

I really disagree with this notion. The Jets had mired in mediocrity with Chad Pennington with quite some time. The FO took a big gamble to try and win. We should've done much better. But between Favre and Mangini we shot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

He's comparing us to the Oakland Raiders who have thrown money at over prices FA's who deliver nothing. Our O-line was solid in running the ball. Our D did great during the first half and tanked in the 2nd due to poor coaching and lower level of play.

If the Jets start going after Kurt Warners, drafting poorly and hiring and firing coaches every other year, then the comparison can be made.

Clearly with the collapse a change in the culture needed to be made. Pats fans all talked **** about Mangini but once he was gone it was "Aw the poor fella". Think about it as a fan objectively. Say we keep him and get out to a good start next year and then we lose two games in a row. The paranoia and pressure due to the previous years collapse would consume the team, the insecurities and trust issues would swell, and we would be in the same spot. A fresh idea, a fresh perspective is what we needed.

The Raiders have continually drafted TERRIBLY. If you are going to tell us "well your drafts aren't much better" then you're clearly being a troll:

Kerry Rhodes

Leon Washington

Cotchery

Mangold

D'Brick (not great, but solid)

Revis

Harris

Keller

All of these guys are big contributors. So far we've fallen flat on our faces with the Kellen Clemens pick but who's to say that with a better O-Line we can't do well? With a young QB we'll be pressed to run the ball which we did great last year but went away from it for no good reason. The defense will hopefully improve with new coaching and some good picks in the draft.

To say this clown hit it on the head is exactly the reaction he wants. The Jets took a gamble, it didn't pay off. As long as we continue to draft well and build depth the Jets will be fine. Not every franchise can pick Brady or a great back up like Cassel. Rivers hasn't panned out great in San Diego, Manning for all his accolades has 1 SB, Eli benefitted from a great D and a huge WR, Big Ben has been great.

I mean look around the league... we're not all to dissimilar from other franchises, we're at the cusp, we need a QB that can put us over the top, and with some luck maybe that happens with the guys we have already. If not, we'll be a good team.

Not the Oakland Raiders.

The only thing I can ever really knock Cimini for is bringing of Paul Hackett's dad's murder while Hackett was about to be fired. I hated Hackett, but that seemed like piling on. Ohterwise think Cimini has been pretty fair, since he's been covering some really bad football and weird front office stuff. Kind of hard to blame the messenger.

Canizzarro carrying water for Edwards was a joke. But Canizzaro has had some medical issues and didn't cover the Jets msot of the year. Anyone know what he had? Ovioulsy the guy needed to lose a few pounds.

King is the worst. Thiugh how Roberts is allowed out of the house after her attmept to ruin the lives of the Duke lacrosse players with fabrications and lies is to me disgusting.

since i'm a homer I'm going to blame

favre's last five games on his injury.

If he didnt play like dog **** we make

the playoffs. All of a suddenly that

****ty trade now got us to the playoffs

in the minds of the writers.

Do we make the playoffs with an

uninjured favre?

Yes.

Do we make the playoffs with pennington?

Yes.

Do we make the playoffs with Clemens?

Yes.

If Favre isn't injured that move looks good.

Injuries happen. A 3rd was worth the risk.

The 2nd we would have given up for the

playoffs would have hurt, but it would have

been hard to argue against.

P.S. I'm kicking Robinson in the gibblets.

The only thing I can ever really knock Cimini for is bringing of Paul Hackett's dad's murder while Hackett was about to be fired. I hated Hackett, but that seemed like piling on. Ohterwise think Cimini has been pretty fair, since he's been covering some really bad football and weird front office stuff. Kind of hard to blame the messenger.

Canizzarro carrying water for Edwards was a joke. But Canizzaro has had some medical issues and didn't cover the Jets msot of the year. Anyone know what he had? Ovioulsy the guy needed to lose a few pounds.

King is the worst. Thiugh how Roberts is allowed out of the house after her attmept to ruin the lives of the Duke lacrosse players with fabrications and lies is to me disgusting.

It wasn't just while Edwards was here, but after he left as well. To the point where he tried to make a spectacle out of D'Brickashaw in his first camp as a rookie. Total turd who was either paid off by Herm in the form of easy access/stories, outright money, or both. At one point he wrote a pre-draft/FA article about the Jets' needs in their "4-3 defense" after the 2006 season. Just a friggin' fool for a beat writer to make such a blunder.

Guess who wrote a book about A-Rod that is due to be released in May? If you said Roberts, you guessed right. Hmmm, wonder how much this story breaking she did have to do with her book?

http://www.amazon.com/Hit-Run-Many-Lives-Rodriguez/dp/0061791644

I really disagree with this notion. The Jets had mired in mediocrity with Chad Pennington with quite some time. The FO took a big gamble to try and win. We should've done much better. But between Favre and Mangini we shot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

He's comparing us to the Oakland Raiders who have thrown money at over prices FA's who deliver nothing. Our O-line was solid in running the ball. Our D did great during the first half and tanked in the 2nd due to poor coaching and lower level of play.

If the Jets start going after Kurt Warners, drafting poorly and hiring and firing coaches every other year, then the comparison can be made.

Clearly with the collapse a change in the culture needed to be made. Pats fans all talked **** about Mangini but once he was gone it was "Aw the poor fella". Think about it as a fan objectively. Say we keep him and get out to a good start next year and then we lose two games in a row. The paranoia and pressure due to the previous years collapse would consume the team, the insecurities and trust issues would swell, and we would be in the same spot. A fresh idea, a fresh perspective is what we needed.

The Raiders have continually drafted TERRIBLY. If you are going to tell us "well your drafts aren't much better" then you're clearly being a troll:

Kerry Rhodes

Leon Washington

Cotchery

Mangold

D'Brick (not great, but solid)

Revis

Harris

Keller

All of these guys are big contributors. So far we've fallen flat on our faces with the Kellen Clemens pick but who's to say that with a better O-Line we can't do well? With a young QB we'll be pressed to run the ball which we did great last year but went away from it for no good reason. The defense will hopefully improve with new coaching and some good picks in the draft.

To say this clown hit it on the head is exactly the reaction he wants. The Jets took a gamble, it didn't pay off. As long as we continue to draft well and build depth the Jets will be fine. Not every franchise can pick Brady or a great back up like Cassel. Rivers hasn't panned out great in San Diego, Manning for all his accolades has 1 SB, Eli benefitted from a great D and a huge WR, Big Ben has been great.

I mean look around the league... we're not all to dissimilar from other franchises, we're at the cusp, we need a QB that can put us over the top, and with some luck maybe that happens with the guys we have already. If not, we'll be a good team.

Not the Oakland Raiders.

I think you are missing the boat on the article. He is drawing an analogy of the Jets are to Favre as the Rai-duhs are to Gannon. I digress though.

I do not disagree with your post, but the FO dropped the ball on the Farve situation.

Were the Jets a perpetual 10 win team a QB away from the title?

No. The Jets D has been average at best and below average most years. The Jets D has not been ranked in the Top 10 in points allowed or yards since 2004. They do not have a Ravenesque D waiting for a good game manager.

The AFC is deep. Pittsburgh, New England and Indianapolis have won six of the last 8 Superbowls and are a miracle catch away from 7 of 8. They have won at least 10 games in 20 of a possible 24 seasons since 2001. If the Jets were a NFC team were the path to the Superbowl is less strenuous, then trading for Brett would be a good move.

In the AFC were they are at best, the 5th best team behind San Diego, signing Brett might have gotten them a playoff win, but a prolonged playoff run going through those cities was unlikely to happen with Brett.

Mired in mediocrity. The Jets have been following the same vicious cycle. After 2005 and 2007, the Jets with a known mediocre QB and coming off 4-12 seasons had opportunity to cut bait and build towards the future with a new QB. They chose to stay with Chad and bring in a 39 yo QB. Those are stop gap measures.

As a Patriots fan, at no time over the last 8 years have I been overly worried about the Jets. Once Chad showed he was JAG, the teams I worried about resided in Indy, Pittsburgh and San Diego. Not Hempstead. Sure, the Jets could rise to the occasion and steal a win, but prolonged success? No.

If the Jets' FO thought they were a mere QB away from the Superbowl they were sadly mistaken. In the NFC adding Brett might make a difference, but in a conference with great teams, you need greatness whether it is coaching and/or players to survive.

Brett has not been great for about 5 years now.

Archived