The best team in hockey hails from the great state of New Jersey

nj meadowlands

The Devils are not the best team in the league. Three I can think of off the top of my head that are better would be Boston, San Jose & Detroit. There are probably at least another three more.

Boston and San Jose are nothing special; good solid regular season teams, but not playoff-ready. The Devils and Wings are the real deal. Who wins over 7 games is anyone's guess. Only curveball for the Devils is possibly facing the Caps if Ovie goes off, whcih could happen.

The Devils are not the best team in the league. Three I can think of off the top of my head that are better would be Boston, San Jose & Detroit. There are probably at least another three more.

I'll entertain the possibility of Detroit, but not the other two, who we just beat in consecutive games.

BTW, the Rags suck : )

pretty funny, considering the Devils just beat the top two teams according to you.

Anaheim? Do you watch hockey? I don't think they'll even make the playoffs.

Heh.

I just like Anaheim. :P

And good for the Devils and their hot streak. They still arn't better than BOS, SJ, DET & WASH.. 5th best is the best they can go.

I'm with 80. Rangers Blow.
After yesterday's failure to show up, hard to argue with. Unless Avery can play power play point, he might not help much. Paul mara, one of the few defenseman they have who actually takes the body, is now likely out for the year. The NBC guys kept saying "I'ts not Renney's fault!" but who keeps sending out the same bums of power play defense that are 28th with the man advantage and have given up 14 shorthanded allowed. Wade Redden leads Rangers defensemen with power play time and has all of 1 assist on the PP since November. That includes 3 3 on 5 goals, including 1 yesterday. Mathematically those numbers are almsot impossible to hide.

Would only note that said piss poor Rangers have beaten the Sharks in San Jose and the Ducks in Anaheim, and the Bruins' goalie sucks.

Heh.

I just like Anaheim. :P

And good for the Devils and their hot streak. They still arn't [sic] better than BOS, SJ, DET & WASH.. 5th best is the best they can go.

They're better than Washington.

They're a top 5 team without question. Where specifically they rank is difficult, but they just beat the top team in the West and the top team in the East back to back!

There are two things wrong with the thread title. The Red Wings are the best team in hockey, and New Jersey is not a great state.

Agree as far as the state goes.

Watching Colorado beat Detroit in Detroit last night was fun.

The Avalanche are now 3-0 against Detroit this season. If you exclude those three games, they're easily the worst team in the West and Detroit is the #1 seed in the West right now.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/powerrankings

Goldstein has it: 1)Sharks 2)Devils 3)Capitals 4)Bruins 5)Red Wings

"Fourteen wins in 17 games has the Devils pulling away in the Atlantic Division with Martin Brodeur closer to returning to the lineup."

Rangers 19th. "The power play looks so bad these days, the Rangers should consider declining penalties."

Islanders dead last. "Doug Weight's injury is just the latest setback for a team that already has had too many."

You have to be impressed with what the Devils have done this year.

They have had 9 different players out with significant injuries, they lost their franchise all time great goalie for most of the season and they are 2nd in the east.

I knew the Rangers would suck, as soon as Sather grossly over paid for Gomez and Drury, then he goes and signs Redden for 7 years at 6.5 million per, to seal the deal.

Archived