Pittsburgh Penguins fire Therrien

yisman

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=409471

Nine months ago, Michel Therrien guided the Pittsburgh Penguins to the Stanley Cup Final. Now he's out of a job.

Therrien was fired by general manager Ray Shero on Sunday and replaced with Dan Bylsma on an interim basis. Pittsburgh was coming off a 6-2 loss at Toronto on Saturday night and currently resides in 10th place in the Eastern Conference. Assistant coach Andre Savard was reassigned within the organization, while Tom Fitzgerald was moved behind the bench. Fitzgerald had been the club's Director of Player Development.

It's really going to be funny when this team misses the playoffs....

That's why he was fired. 9 months after coming 2 games from the cup and they are barely in contention. It became obvious they weren't going to make it without some kind of change. Apparently this is the change.

I bet you Malone and Hossa left because they did not like Therrien, the Pens also lost allot of their grit that is a big reason for their slide.

Look the Ducks are going to fire Randy Carlyle too, he is another firery coach like Therrien, it seems the NHL players are not as tough skinned as they use to be.

Firey coaches like that usually wear thin on a team, even after some intial success.

Look how many times it happened with Keenan, they usually have a win now attitude and like to trade the youth for vets too.

The Rangers could use some more fire on the bench, but they need to undo the horrible veteran signings Slats, made not trade away the youth.

Anyway I think the so called leaders on the Rangers now would cry about a loose coach being too loose and a tough coach being too tough, they are a bunch of clowns if you ask me.

I think this is a good move for the Pens in the long run, but the players they lost in the off season is the biggest thing that is hampering them this year.

More players are taking more liberties on Malkin and Crosby now that guys like Malone, Armstrong, Laraque are gone, and it's taking it's toll.

The Pens are not as tough of a team to play against right now, that's their biggest problem. I would not be suprised if they tanked it and ended up with Tavares or Hedman at this years draft.

That would really get Gary Bettman's NHL off.:puke:

I bet you Malone and Hossa left because they did not like Therrien, the Pens also lost allot of their grit that is a big reason for their slide.

Look the Ducks are going to fire Randy Carlyle too, he is another firery coach like Therrien, it seems the NHL players are not as tough skinned as they use to be.

Firey coaches like that usually wear thin on a team, even after some intial success.

Look how many times it happened with Keenan, they usually have a win now attitude and like to trade the youth for vets too.

The Rangers could use some more fire on the bench, but they need to undo the horrible veteran signings Slats, made not trade away the youth.

Anyway I think the so called leaders on the Rangers now would cry about a loose coach being too loose and a tough coach being too tough, they are a bunch of clowns if you ask me.

I think this is a good move for the Pens in the long run, but the players they lost in the off season is the biggest thing that is hampering them this year.

More players are taking more liberties on Malkin and Crosby now that guys like Malone, Armstrong, Laraque are gone, and it's taking it's toll.

The Pens are not as tough of a team to play against right now, that's their biggest problem. I would not be suprised if they tanked it and ended up with Tavares or Hedman at this years draft.

That would really get Gary Bettman's NHL off.:puke:

^fail

No time to find a good picture for it.

Archived