Happy 4th Birthday JetNation (2009)

Maxman

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading back in 2006 that JN started on February 17th. I know what I read, because I've got a mind like a camera. I smell revisionist history. Get busy fixing that. Well, get busy (taps foot).

I have a great time here. Happy Anniversary. Or birthday. Or whatever. Fukk off!

:rl:

Sadly that is about as good as it gets. So we try to put a positive spin on it and call it a day. The Happy Birthday JetNation thread usually gets locked. :-P

Is that why this thread keeps jumping around all over the place? You're trying to keep people from finding about it so they can't crap on you too much? First it was on the NFL forum, then it was stickied on the NFL forum. Then it was moved to the Lounge. Then it moved back to being stickied on the NFL forum, now its once again unstickied. Its a test of wills to try to keep up with this friggin' thing.

Is that why this thread keeps jumping around all over the place? You're trying to keep people from finding about it so they can't crap on you too much? First it was on the NFL forum, then it was stickied on the NFL forum. Then it was moved to the Lounge. Then it moved back to being stickied on the NFL forum, now its once again unstickied. Its a test of wills to try to keep up with this friggin' thing.

:rl:

I have no idea what you are talking about. :winking0001:

I remember reading back in 2006 that JN started on February 17th. I know what I read, because I've got a mind like a camera. I smell revisionist history. Get busy fixing that. Well, get busy (taps foot).

I have a great time here. Happy Anniversary. Or birthday. Or whatever. Fukk off!

Awesome!

Here is the thing. In years past, the birthday was celebrated on the wrong day. I used to go by the day the forums launched, the day the site launched. There were a few milestones.

This year the true birthday became clear to me. The day the name was registered. Good catch though, I am impressed.

Awesome!

Here is the thing. In years past, the birthday was celebrated on the wrong day. I used to go by the day the forums launched, the day the site launched. There were a few milestones.

This year the true birthday became clear to me. The day the name was registered. Good catch though, I am impressed.

Well, what's so wrong about it? It was far more FUN when it started on my birthday, not on John McEnroe's...er, not that our personalities are similar or anything. See, the launch idea is much better and makes a lot more sense. What does NASA consider takeoff? The day they finish a rocket and put it on the launch pad or when they officially blast off into space? I'll be passing around a petition of shameless self-promotion any minute now, thanks. C'mon, I have to be famous for something while I'm alive. That posthumous stuff is for starving artists who die of consumption in dank garrets and sh*t.

While it is a day to celebrate, I also feel a need to mourn some of our lost founders.....

TomShane, GGG and Smizzy are apart of this family even though they have either been exiled, or abandoned.

We'll never forget

Not if you keep regurgitating their names we won't.

Happy Birthday, JN.

Awesome!

official date should be when the 1st decent post was entered...probably

took 24 hours back then

Thank you for the wish. I don't remember if you were here in the beginning. But a lot of people worked really hard on this place. I would like to thank them at this time as well.

:-P

Why not list their names for a proper acknowledgement, Max? Heathen.

Because my approach was a better way to insult Verde, lol.

Could we ever tire of this? I think not. :)

To think.. I've been here from the beginning and actually STAYED. #-o

• 11 months later...
actually it is my half birthday and it is on wednesday :D

Well happy early half birthday then GG.

:cheers:

And happy early B-day to JN. Hard to believe after a couple pm's from Tom Shane and Smizzy I came here and been here since wayyyyyyy back when this place started up.

And yet we couldn't get one damned other Steelers fan here to help me out. :-P

BTW what's the story with Smizzy leaving ? I had heard in other posts he left for another board or something. That true ??

Archived