Michigan QB Threet transfers..

SweetLee83

Saw this coming a mile away. He's a pro style QB, and has no business running a spread offense. Would have likely been #3 on their depth chart anyway behind Forcier and Robinson. Plus, he sucks.

Word is he's thinking Eastern Michigan (3 miles down the road, but horrendous MAC school for football) or a PAC 10 team. Though he says in the article he hasn't picked anywhere yet.

Quarterback Threet leaves U-M, destination unknown

Quarterback Steven Threet, who started eight games for Michigan last fall, is leaving the program.

"I've decided to transfer from the University of Michigan," Threet said, reciting from a prepared statement during a telephone conversation Sunday. "I have requested and received my release. I do not yet know where I will continue my collegiate career and will have no further comment until that decision is made."

This is not the first transfer for Threet, an Adrian native who began his collegiate career at Georgia Tech, then transferred to Michigan.

Threet sat out the 2007 season and played last fall for the Wolverines, who went 3-9 during coach Rich Rodriguez's first season.

Last season, Threet, a 6-foot-6, 230-pound redshirt freshman, made eight starts and played in 10 games. He threw for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns, but he was affected by lingering effects of a concussion suffered in the Purdue game late in the season, and injuries to his elbow and shoulder. Threet did not travel to the final regular-season game at Ohio State because of a slight shoulder separation. Nick Sheridan made the other four starts.

With Threet's departure, Michigan faces the 2009 season with an enormous question mark at quarterback. Sheridan will be a junior, and little-used backup David Cone, also a junior, returns.

Michigan signed dual-threat quarterbacks, Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson to its freshman class. Their style of play better fits Rodriguez's spread offense.

Forcier enrolled last month so he can participate in spring drills in March.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090215/SPORTS0201/902150345/1361

Saw this coming a mile away. He's a pro style QB, and has no business running a spread offense. Would have likely been #3 on their depth chart anyway behind Forcier and Robinson. Plus, he sucks.

Word is he's thinking Eastern Michigan (3 miles down the road, but horrendous MAC school for football) or a PAC 10 team. Though he says in the article he hasn't picked anywhere yet.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090215/SPORTS0201/902150345/1361

he has already sat out once when he went form Ga tech to Mich,,if he has any brains, he wil lg odown a level and go to a div II school where he can start righjt away and not sit out yet another year..

NFL wil lsee you at those scholls and u wil lguarantee start and start in 2009

He can go to a Div.1 FCS school and start right away.

Delaware already snagged their FBS washout QB for next year though. He should look at the CAA, probably one of the most competitive FCS conferences.

Nobody is watching Div. II.

He can go to a Div.1 FCS school and start right away.

Delaware already snagged their FBS washout QB for next year though. He should look at the CAA, probably one of the most competitive FCS conferences.

Nobody is watching Div. II.

ya, new lingo,,i meant div 1 fcs,,

if div ii valdosta state is a possible..

Archived