Islanders

Lil Bit Special

Gary Bettman seems to be hanging them out to dry and could care less about the Islanders franchise as it currently resides in L.I.

Be careful Islanders fans, Bettman wants a team back in Kansas City and I think he's aiming for your team.

On that note, if it happens, the Wings should move to the East and the Isles take their place in the West.

Gary Bettman seems to be hanging them out to dry and could care less about the Islanders franchise as it currently resides in L.I.

Be careful Islanders fans, Bettman wants a team back in Kansas City and I think he's aiming for your team.

On that note, if it happens, the Wings should move to the East and the Isles take their place in the West.

If he moved the team to KC I would die slowly inside. Now if he moved them to Houston...

But that would never happen the fan base here would suck tremendously.

I am wondering what team will move.

KC has a nice brand new stadium waiting for a tenant. Plus, they will be the only pro team during the winter months. Outside of KU BBall, they will dominate the news.

If he moved the team to KC I would die slowly inside. Now if he moved them to Houston...

But that would never happen the fan base here would suck tremendously.

I am wondering what team will move.

KC has a nice brand new stadium waiting for a tenant. Plus, they will be the only pro team during the winter months. Outside of KU BBall, they will dominate the news.

KC wouldn't be bad for the reasons PFSIKH stated.

A NHL team in Houston, I would hope the NHL has learned its lesson about hockey teams in the deep South.

Personally, I'd like to see a team back in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

In another season or 2 this team will once again be exciting to watch -- WE have some young up and coming talent --

Like who?

Hockeysfuture ranks the Isles' prospects 25th in a 30-team league. Okposo is the only guy who has the potential to be a top-3 forward and the entire organization is bereft of talent on the blueline.

I haven't watched a single game this season, because this team is so horribly mismanaged, they make the Jets look like the freaking class of the NFL. This year's draft was my breaking point, when they had a chance to draft a potential shutdown defenseman (Schenn) or a dynamic offensive player (Filatov) - things they both sorely lack - and instead trade down to take Bailey, a guy who has good hockey sense and leadership ability, but never projects to be much of a goal-scorer.

So, instead of throwing the ball downfield by selecting one of two prospects with much higher ceilings, they instead drafted Chad Pennington on skates.

Eff this team.

Like who?

Hockeysfuture ranks the Isles' prospects 25th in a 30-team league. Okposo is the only guy who has the potential to be a top-3 forward and the entire organization is bereft of talent on the blueline.

I haven't watched a single game this season, because this team is so horribly mismanaged, they make the Jets look like the freaking class of the NFL. This year's draft was my breaking point, when they had a chance to draft a potential shutdown defenseman (Schenn) or a dynamic offensive player (Filatov) - things they both sorely lack - and instead trade down to take Bailey, a guy who has good hockey sense and leadership ability, but never projects to be much of a goal-scorer.

So, instead of throwing the ball downfield by selecting one of two prospects with much higher ceilings, they instead drafted Chad Pennington on skates.

Eff this team.

I have more confidence than you -- my rose colored glasses are crystal clear -

But sadly agree on the mismanagment of this team -- Snow must go - Wang needs to get the checkbook out and I really wish they could get rid of DiPietro. 16 years since we won a playoff series. I am fed up too but I like toi keep some sort of hope.

I have more confidence than you -- my rose colored glasses are crystal clear -

But sadly agree on the mismanagment of this team -- Snow must go - Wang needs to get the checkbook out and I really wish they could get rid of DiPietro. 16 years since we won a playoff series. I am fed up too but I like toi keep some sort of hope.

How many top-6 forwards and top-4 defensemen do you think they currently have in the organization, at any level?

KC wouldn't be bad for the reasons PFSIKH stated.

A NHL team in Houston, I would hope the NHL has learned its lesson about hockey teams in the deep South.

Personally, I'd like to see a team back in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

and Quebecc!

Honestly I'd like to see less teams in the league though, get it down to 26 or something and have 2 of them in the cities mentioned above.

How many top-6 forwards and top-4 defensemen do you think they currently have in the organization, at any level?

Probably none -- but you never know. I still think a year or 2 from now we are cotending. This team is young as far as I can tell and I hope they can jell in the future - Problem is once someone does well they bolt to another team and Snow doesn't do jack **** to replace them. Let me ask you since you have a better grip on whats out there than I do- we get 1st pick who do we go after - I follow the AHL somewhat but other than that not so much.

Probably none -- but you never know. I still think a year or 2 from now we are cotending. This team is young as far as I can tell and I hope they can jell in the future - Problem is once someone does well they bolt to another team and Snow doesn't do jack **** to replace them. Let me ask you since you have a better grip on whats out there than I do- we get 1st pick who do we go after - I follow the AHL somewhat but other than that not so much.

John Tavares or Victor Hedman. Some think Tavares cna have a Sidney Crosby like impact on an NHL team right away. Other's say while he is very good, he is not a Crosby type prospect. I saw a little of him in that Junior Tournament they had this winter. THe kid is the real deal. Put this kid on your top line with Okposo and your in business for the next decade or so.

Hedman is a monster defensemen but if the Isles have the pick I dont see them passing up a playmaking center for him.

Johnny Hector: The two defensemen the Isles drafted last year are playing quite well. Niemi and Hamonic. But they are still very young.

John Tavares or Victor Hedman. Some think Tavares cna have a Sidney Crosby like impact on an NHL team right away. Other's say while he is very good, he is not a Crosby type prospect. I saw a little of him in that Junior Tournament they had this winter. THe kid is the real deal. Put this kid on your top line with Okposo and your in business for the next decade or so.

Hedman is a monster defensemen but if the Isles have the pick I dont see them passing up a playmaking center for him.

Given their history, I think the best situation is for the Islanders to wind up with the #2 pick, where they select whomever doesn't go #1 overall.

If Hedman is really a "Lidstrom with size", I'd have a hard time passing him up, but Tavares could be a superstar. Is he the player that broke the OHL record for goals as a 16-year old (passing some guy named Gretzky), or is he the kid who scored 40 goals last year (soemthing frequently done at that level)?

Johnny Hector: The two defensemen the Isles drafted last year are playing quite well. Niemi and Hamonic. But they are still very young.

They're so far away that it's too early to predict what impact they'll have, but I'd be shocked if either one ends up playing on a top defensive pairing at the NHL level - something the Islanders are sorely missing, with no help on the horizon.

Dont forget we still have figren who should be ready by next year, and we also have petrov who couldnt make over seas this year but might next year.

we have plenty of talented prospects in europe and in juniors. its just a matter of being patient.

The Islanders have drafted Russian players higher than Petrov (ie. Chernyk and Tunik) that never made it to the NHL, so consider me skeptical.

Figren could be a decent player (at best), but is he a better prospect that Sean Bergenheim or Petteri Nokelainen - two guys who the Islanders drafted in the 1st Round who haven't done much of anything at the NHL level?

Archived