WR Jerome Mathis

WR Reggie Brown

WR Roddy White

CB Fabian Washington

CB Marlin Jackson

LB Odell Thurman

DT CJ Mosley

DT Mike Patterson

DeMarcus Ware certainly had sick numbers at the combine. It would suck if he ends up in that Pats system and learns the McGinest role, IMO.

I LOVE the Jammal Brown pick, GJ. He looks like an animal. I just don't know if someone doesn't bite on him early in the draft, considering how much we're seeing these average free agent linemen getting so far. All of a sudden, tackels are a hot commodity. IMO, I'd love to move up and grab him, or deal Abe already and take Brown at the Cowboys #11 pick. Dallas and Parcells, judging by what they;ve done so far, look desperate. If an Abe-to-Dallas deal DOES come off, and the Jets don't get AT LEAST the #11 pick from them, Terry is dead to me.

A good pick for the Patriots. With Starks on board, I think they will target a light DE to transform into a LB.

Ware might be too small though.

I don't know that I like the pick. We seem to be stacked at OLB with Vrable, McGinest, Colvin and Banta Cain, we're in real dire need of an ILB, that's why I'm cussing the Eagles in this mock draft. :lol:

I don't know that I like the pick. We seem to be stacked at OLB with Vrable, McGinest, Colvin and Banta Cain, we're in real dire need of an ILB, that's why I'm cussing the Eagles in this mock draft. :lol:

Alk, McGinest is 34 Years old ... time to draft his replacement

Colvin is not the player he once was ... he was never fast to begin with, but since that hip injury he has lost another step or two so he is not the edge-rusher to replace McGinest

Vrabel is a good player for one side and reamins so, but even he is 30 Years old

And Banta-Cain is a nice backup who can give the starters an occasional blow .. not starting material

IMO it's time to plan ahead, and Demarcus Ware is a downright lethal edge rusher who is tailor-made to play OLB in the 3-4

I'm with TomShane ... I would "HATE" to see the Patriots draft this player at 32, so I'll be hoping this projection is wrong :wink:

Very interesting and a good projection mock, because it seems like things never quite go the way that they're expected to.

I can't see the Redskins passing up on Edwards, Rolle, and Jones to draft James. If they don't resign Smoot, I think they definitely don't want to head into next season with Walt Harris starting at corner. I also don't think they'd pass up a weapon like Edwards. Even with Santana Moss and Chris Cooley, Ramsey needs all the help he can get. Isn't Rod Gardner a free agent? I've heard nothing on him.

I like the Jets pick, but it's one of the reasons I'm so upset with the way our offseason has gone. I was hoping they'd fill the DT, CB, and OT holes through free agency, giving them the option of picking the BAP. I'd have loved to seen the Jets pluck Roddy White, Matt Roth, or Jerome Mathis with that pick, but we now must draft on glaring need, and Brown definitely fits the bill.

I can't see Miller slipping that far, although I've never seen him as anything special.

Nope. The Steelers sat on their hands while the top notch WR's got snared, now this spot is a must at WR for them IMO.

You never have to draft a single given position in the first round.

There are six other spots to grab a WR in the draft.

If Miller is there at 30 the Steelers would be retarded to pass on him for a reach at WR.

You never have to draft a single given position in the first round.

There are six other spots to grab a WR in the draft.

If Miller is there at 30 the Steelers would be retarded to pass on him for a reach at WR.

I guess we have different views on who would be a reach there then. I think Gibson wouldn't at all be a reach at 30, or even Roddy White for that matter. What ya have to look at sometimes is best available player for the position ya need, and either of those guys fit there IMO.

Alk - I would think if the Patriots did draft Ware or another OLB, one of the incumbents might move inside to join Johnson. Tedy said it took him nearly three years to make the transformation from DL to LB. Not a knock on Ware, but he is going from low D1 Dl to NFL LB. After seeing what I wrote, I like the pick even less.

GJH - I think you are right on everything you said about the Patriots LB corps, but Colvin. You would be 100% accurate on your evaluation of Colvin, especially during the regular season. However, he was alot more effective late in the seasons as he became for more disruptive with his penetration. Deoin Grant said it took him almost two years to get his speed back. I think the Colvin we see in 2005 will be closer to the COlvin we saw in 2003 before his injury, then the ineffective one we saw early in 2004.

I was really impressed with Colvin in the postseason, particularly the superbowl. He "flashed".

Up until then I was pessimistic on his future, now I'm fairly optimistic and so, evidently, is Bill Belichick.

Really impressed with 3 plays? You would be...you stoke off anytinme you see a Pats uni anyway.

Really impressed with 3 plays? You would be...you stoke off anytinme you see a Pats uni anyway.

At least are rewarded for our faith. What are you? Your team craps on their fans all the time.

Well done GJ & H. Jamaal Brown is the IDEAL pick for the Jets if Alex Barron is not available (which, for all intents and purposes, he won't be). I feel that we should put drafting a CB round 1 to rest; there is plenty of depth at the position for us to get ''our guy'' in round 2.

Archived