Sign in to follow this  
Otter

Red Sox Owner Calls for Salary Cap

Cry me a river.

This is the same guy who paid $51.1 million bucks, just to talk to Daisuke Matsuzaka.

MLB has as much parity as the NFL does, it doesn't need a cap.

no it doesn't. there's not really a level playing field. just cause the yankees have spent 200 million the last 5 years and haven't won doesn't make it parity...it just means the yankees did alot of choking. only fans that i know of who don't think there shoudl be a cap are yankees fans......and it's pretty obvious why.

20 different teams have made the post season the last 4 seasons. Facts are facts.

Yankees

Rays

Red Sox

White Sox

Indians

Twins

Tigers

Angels

Athletics

Braves

Mets

Phillis

Cubs

Brewers

Cardinals

Astros

Diamondbacks

Dodgers

Padres

Rockies

Edited by Tyler Durden

Since 2000, 8 teams have won the World Series. The Yankees, D-Backs, Angels, Marlins, Red Sox (2), White Sox, Cardinals, and Phillies. Baseball has plenty of parity.

By the way, since 2000, the 6 teams have won the Super Bowl. The Ravens, Patriots (3), Tampa Bay, Steelers (2), Colts, and Giants.

Good stuff Otter.

I don't think the Sox want to build a new ballpark. They like having a small ballpark with high ticket demand, so that they can charge crazy ticket prices.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to put seats up and down the Pesky Pole and charge $250 a pop. :)

I think after Fenway Parks 100 year anniversary (2012) they will begin discussing a new ballpark. Until then they will continue renovating bits and part of the stadium, and try and cram in as many people as they can.

Easy to say a Salary Cap doesn't do anything for the fans when you're a Yankee fan.

Not quite as easy to say when you're a Padres fan and your team is forced to look into trading the face of their franchise because they "Cannot afford" him anymore (Which we all know is bull****), while letting your legendary closer walk over a couple million dollars.

The players wouldn't lose any money in a properly managed system, sure, the Yankees would spend less, but teams like the Marlins would be forced to spend more, the cap numbers would adjust as the economy adjusts to changing times. In the end, it evens out.

Bad example, they where looking to trade there franchise player because there owner was going through a messy divorce, but I'm pretty sure someone bought the team from him.

Of course Henry wants a cap. He has the best young GM in the game, with a great track record in the draft.

He got hosed by Ca$hman and Bora$ this offseason.

Edited by Tyler Durden

If Henry wants to seem more credible when he moans for a salary cap, he should do it when he hasn't just lost out on a big player to the Yankees. 1st time he called for one was when they lost out on A-Rod, this time he calls for it after he lost out on Teixeira. Cry me a river.

Edited by Tyler Durden

http://www.nomaas.org/

The Red Sox complaining about payroll is like Bill Gates complaining about his stock portfolio.

Larry Lucchino claiming that every team except the Yankees spends in the same range:

"I think there are 29 teams that exist within a certain band, and there has been, in the last several years, one outlier that has been much higher. (Source)

Boston's 2008 payroll was at least 2X greater than the following teams: Colorado, Texas, Baltimore, Arizona, Minnesota, Kansas City, Washington, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Tampa, & Florida.

But yes, Boston operates in the "same band" as the rest of baseball. I'm sure fans of those teams feel the same way.

sponsorachild.jpg

the royals, brewers, blue jays, orioles, pirates, reds and nationals might take exception. Anyway, carry on.

Brewers where in the post season this year.

and I can just name drop Lions, Chiefs, Browns, Raiders, Bengals, ect.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company