The ' Everything Movies ' Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What actor/actresses do you go see thier flick regardless of movie quality??

me:

actresses:

Helen Mirren

Kate winslett

meryl streep

laura linney

actors:

Phil Seymoyr Hoffman

sean penn

morgan freeman

robert downey

johnny depp

freeman, hoffman & downey of that list.........can you please think some more up that I can choose from :mrgreen:

Really? Godsend was horrible. And he also did that awful Rocky and Bullwinkle move.

Said I would see any movie -- never said they were all good -- agree on your reviews though

edit -- that one he made with Dakota Fanning wasn't all that hot niether -

If you haven't, check these out-

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The Matador

In Bruges

The January Man

Eulogy

The Missing

The Orphanage

great flicks Thor, u know your stuff.. :D

some good ones to rent if u havent seen

Tell No One (DVD 3/30)

Persepolis

The Visitor

Once

The Savages

Before The Devil Knows your dead

The Lives of Others

4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days

Breach

Zodiac

Eastern Promises

Waitress

History of Violence

Children of Men

The Queen

Pans Labrynth

The Best of Youth

Capote

Squid and the Whale

Good night and Good luck

Kung Fu Hustle

Maria full of grace

spring summer fall winter, and spring

Before sunset

A Very Long Engagement

Children of men was onre of the best movies I have seen in awhile - also liked Zodiac - History of Viloence - Pan Labrynth -- and Kung Fu Hustle is a very underated movie --

new subject -- Most underated Actor

IMO William H. Macy -- made several Indy films and he shines in most of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbdtx7IKPh0&feature=related

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty with Danny Kaye. Watch up until around 4:55. Holee Smokesss, I shriek every time I see it. 'Dr. Homicide' - hehe, the entire scene never gets old. "Mitty!" :P

Always liked Kayes movies but I never saw "Walter Mitty".

Did you know it was rumored that he had a homosexual romance with Laurence Olivier. Not that I belive it -- just sayin

Children of men was onre of the best movies I have seen in awhile - also liked Zodiac - History of Viloence - Pan Labrynth -- and Kung Fu Hustle is a very underated movie --

new subject -- Most underated Actor

IMO William H. Macy -- made several Indy films and he shines in most of them.

ya i like macy, but alas he has disappeared lately and done more TV then movies..

one of reasons i hear is that TV has allowed him to stay home and raise his 2 kids, 9 and 6..he and actress wife felicity huffman started family late in life...kudos to him for tryin to be good dad

Tons of male actors were bi-curious back then at great risk and peril to their careers, but I couldn't care less who did what with who, to tell you the truth. It doesn't diminish or enhance anything one way or the other.

couldnt agree more..add Tony Curtis and Cary Grant in that list...

OK, took a trip last nite to the dollar theater for 1st time in LONG time,,movies that were in main places 4-6 weeks ago...

$1.50 is a cool price and I guess due to economy it was PACKED!!!!!!!!!

at least 100 peeps in line,,shows about 10 flicks...

it wa spretty good IMHO,,seats were alittle worn out but screens were regular size which was nice,,

Only complaint was the crowd was a little less 'curteous' than the 1st time theaters...

Many more ignoring 'no cellphone no text' messages on screen..and quite a few adults with kids who didnt 'contain' them..

so IMHO, I will go back if its a) not a flick kids would want to see, and B) not a movie teens would want to see..Its near NC State so lots of texting cellphone boozed up college kids in attendance..

All in all a nice place to see adult flick that was marginally reviewed and when nuthin else to see at the Indie theaters in town...

popcorn 6 bucks for what is a medium in mainstreams for 5...

I bought, it wa sOK, but snuck a soda in...

Archived