Westhoff

lancemehl

You know, from an objective point of view, our specials played as bad or worse than O or D. I know there aren't definitive stats to back this up, but the punting sucked, the coverage was subpar.

Granted, i could really research and see field position, but the point is, I saw Westoff screaming and yelling like a maniac, maybe that's why we like him.

Westhoff is untouchable. His squad was horrible also last year, but to cut him is blasphemy AND I'M NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD!

Just pointing out his God-like status with this team. They were talking head coach for cryin out loud!!!........lol

Westhoff came onto the staff during Week 1, Kevin O'Dea's disaster was already formed and taking place. Not to mention that Benny Graham continued to suck donkey balls and Mike Nugent went down with an injury Week 1, making us sign Jay Feely who missed more close range field goals than Nugent does, yet Nugent's blasted because, you know, he forced the Jets to pick him in the secound round after a stellar college career.

Westhoff's influence over Mangini was far greater than was warranted. Special Teams are important, but not more important than the Offense or Defense. He's a great ST coach with great knowledge of the game, but the truth is he was too much for Mangini to handle and had too much influence over personell decisions. Ryan appears to be stronger and wont be pushed around by a mean old bastard just because he yells and screams.

You know, from an objective point of view, our specials played as bad or worse than O or D. I know there aren't definitive stats to back this up, but the punting sucked, the coverage was subpar.

Granted, i could really research and see field position, but the point is, I saw Westoff screaming and yelling like a maniac, maybe that's why we like him.

Westhoff is untouchable. His squad was horrible also last year, but to cut him is blasphemy AND I'M NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD!

Just pointing out his God-like status with this team. They were talking head coach for cryin out loud!!!........lol

He wasn't in camp for all of camp last year. He came in right before the season. Past performance shows Jets specials were quite good, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt especially since he didn't even come in until the regular season.

Archived