Michael Crabtree measures at only 6'1 1/4 and 215lbs - Rotoworld.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=139619

Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree measured only 6'1 1/4 and 215 pounds at Friday's NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.

He's two inches shorter than expected (and two inches shorter than Larry Fitzgerald). Crabtree was listed at 6'3/214 as a Red Raider. The third-year sophomore plays big, but red flags are mounting. He's not running at the Combine due to a mid-October ankle injury, and says he won't be healthy for another three weeks. Crabtree needs a big Pro Day to rebound.

Feb. 20 - 4:28 pm et

He isn't Calvin Johnson, he never was. Doesn't have the same height or leaping ability. The only thing he has in common with Calvin Johnson is they both have terrific hands and they both may be the 2nd overall selection in the draft, but thats about it.

When it comes to finding a WR to compare Crabtree to I'd say Dwayne Bowe.

Very good, not great, but a #1 either way.

Who made THAT comparison?

Every single Texas Tech game this season they went ON AND ON about Crabtree being the next big thing - The next Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson. They never shut up about him. He's good, no doubt, but he's never going to be that type of stud and people DID talk of him that way.

Who made THAT comparison?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28858350/

Crabtree (6-3, 208) has much in common with Fitzgerald (6-3, 220). They each have a dazzling combination of size, hands, leaping ability and athleticism. They both dominated their position during their two seasons in college, after which they both were physically ready to move on to the NFL. Fitzgerald and the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson quickly have emerged has arguably the game's two best young receivers, and all signs point to Crabtree joining them to form an elite young trio.

The Sporting News for one, but it is everywhere.

I am biased b/c I f'n [highlight]HATE[/highlight] tech, but Crabtree is way overrated IMO. The Big 12 secondaries have been poor of late, and Crabtree's #'s are inflated due to the system in which he played. Go back and watch his biggest catch of the year vs. Texas. That was, perhaps, the poorest coverage I have ever seen when the game was on the line. Against A&M, he hardly was on the field. He has skinny legs, and I wonder how he will hold up in the NFL.

F-it, I'll take him if he's there at #17

you and me every damn poster on this board.

He's not running at the combine, blah blah blah

he's not as tall as we thought blah blah blah

his legs are thin, his mother is bow-legged, his goldfish only lasted two ands a half weeks...

Kid can play him some ball. Anybody give a **** about anything else? Or perhaps we should pick another Robertson or Gholston because they can jump higher and run faster than ACTUAL football players.

his legs are thin, his mother is bow-legged, his goldfish only lasted two ands a half weeks...

Kid can play him some ball. Anybody give a **** about anything else? Or perhaps we should pick another Robertson or Gholston because they can jump higher and run faster than ACTUAL football players.

perfectly said.

Crabtree may be overrated, but it's time we start picking FOOTBALL players and not TRACK/COMBINE STARS

If the Jets passed on Crabtree at 17 there would be blood in the streets.

If Crabtree lasts to 17, despite being "only" 6'1+, it would be steal of the draft. He won't be a Top 3 or 5 guy in the NFL but he will be in the Top 10 area.

A ton of WRs have been able to "play some ball" in college, only to fail miserably in the NFL. Crabtree played against lackluster DBs throughout his college career in a system that threw the ball as much as any team in the NCAA. Not to mention, his coach (Leach) was known to keep his foot on the gas, regardless of the score.

I have seen Crabtree in person numerous times. He is not as spectacular as everyone makes him out. The comparisons to Fitzgerald are laughable. I saw Larry play in college as well. He completely dominated anybody lined up across from him.

I am not saying Crabtree will be a complete bust, but he is not a top ten pick. I would not be devastated if the Jets pulled the trigger on him at 17, but WRs are arguably the most hit or miss position out there, aside from QBs.

His 40 time is very important, that is why people are questioning him not running at the combine. Look at Mike Williams from 05 for instance. He was a beast at USC. He was projected top 3 pre-combine. Ran slow and scared everyone, save the Lions, away. How has that worked out?

A ton of WRs have been able to "play some ball" in college, only to fail miserably in the NFL. Crabtree played against lackluster DBs throughout his college career in a system that threw the ball as much as any team in the NCAA. Not to mention, his coach (Leach) was known to keep his foot on the gas, regardless of the score.

I have seen Crabtree in person numerous times. He is not as spectacular as everyone makes him out. The comparisons to Fitzgerald are laughable. I saw Larry play in college as well. He completely dominated anybody lined up across from him.

I am not saying Crabtree will be a complete bust, but he is not a top ten pick. I would not be devastated if the Jets pulled the trigger on him at 17, but WRs are arguably the most hit or miss position out there, aside from QBs.

His 40 time is very important, that is why people are questioning him not running at the combine. Look at Mike Williams from 05 for instance. He was a beast at USC. He was projected top 3 pre-combine. Ran slow and scared everyone, save the Lions, away. How has that worked out?

I appreciate the opinion, but honestly, Fitzgerald is the best WR in the NFL. Is he the only basis for comparison now when drafting at that position? Crabtree may have played against lackluster DB's, but he got open, caught the ball and flashed some serious talent. There is not a player--not a single one, that can't be knocked in some way pre-draft. Crabby is a baller and that makes for a good risk, not a bad one.

I appreciate the opinion, but honestly, Fitzgerald is the best WR in the NFL. Is he the only basis for comparison now when drafting at that position? Crabtree may have played against lackluster DB's, but he got open, caught the ball and flashed some serious talent. There is not a player--not a single one, that can't be knocked in some way pre-draft. Crabby is a baller and that makes for a good risk, not a bad one.

Vs Texas, that DB was all over him. Crabtree made the play and thats clutch.

Thats a good thing - Herm Edwards 2008

Per NFLN, stress fracture in foot, needs surgery, out 10 weeks.

Yep.

They were talking about how Jonathan Stewart had the exact same injury and look what happened there.

I really do hope teams pass on Crabtree because of this injury and because he didn't run this week at the Combine so that the Jets can STEAL him at 17. That would be fantastic.

Vs Texas, that DB was all over him. Crabtree made the play and thats clutch.

Watch it again. The first DB goes for the ball with one hand, and the other completely misses the play. It was a decent catch, but he should have never scored. It was not a great play by any means. It was poor defense. Just like his entire career, the DBs in the Big 12 suck for the most part.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaN_ce47MOY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaN_ce47MOY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Watch it again. The first DB goes for the ball with one hand, and the other completely misses the play. It was a decent catch, but he should have never scored. It was not a great play by any means. It was poor defense. Just like his entire career, the DBs in the Big 12 suck for the most part.

Cmon Man, he was covered.

Great throw, but the game was on the line with 8 seconds remaining, vs a team who at that time was talked about as the top team in the Nation and you make that play?

I've seen Marvin Harrison make similar plays on Eliis Hobbs.

You don't think being forced to sit out an entire year had anything to do with Mike Williams as a pro? I honestly feel that contributed greatly to what happened to him as a player.

Archived