Jets zeroing in on Ravens Linebackers - PFT.com

Please pass on babushka head Lewis. Let him wash clothes in the Ukraine. Scott is in his prime will look good next to Harris.

Agree, but if Scott goes elsewhere, Lewis sure would be a nice consolation prize IMO. He would be a great mentor for Harris, and he would not have any trouble coming and directing the D, obviously. Scott is the best choice, but Ray is a close 2nd.

Agree, but if Scott goes elsewhere, Lewis sure would be a nice consolation prize IMO. He would be a great mentor for Harris, and he would not have any trouble coming and directing the D, obviously. Scott is the best choice, but Ray is a close 2nd.

I think with the the lure of Ryan, the Jets would be in good position to get Scott vs some other team. He has already said so much himself. I think Lewis is going to want way too much money for what he is still worth. Ryan should know how much he really has left as well as anybody. I see Lewis either going to the Cowboys or staying with the Ravens. Just my opinion, of course.

I think with the the lure of Ryan, the Jets would be in good position to get Scott vs some other team. He has already said so much himself. I think Lewis is going to want way too much money for what he is still worth. Ryan should know how much he really has left as well as anybody. I see Lewis either going to the Cowboys or staying with the Ravens. Just my opinion, of course.

I read the Scott interview, and I must admit, it gave me hope. He sounds like a hard working SOB. I would agree that Ryan would be the best judge of how much gas Ray has in the tank. That is why I think it is a can't lose situation. If we miss out on Scott, but we bring in Lewis, then it is b/c Ryan feels like there are multiple years left for #52.

I read the Scott interview, and I must admit, it gave me hope. He sounds like a hard working SOB. I would agree that Ryan would be the best judge of how much gas Ray has in the tank. That is why I think it is a can't lose situation. If we miss out on Scott, but we bring in Lewis, then it is b/c Ryan feels like there are multiple years left for #52.

Agree. He'll have to change his number, of course. #52 belongs to David "Hitman" Harris. ;)

I'd actually prefer Lewis over Scott, although it's splitting hairs. I actually think Scott will end up getting more coin because he's younger. I also think the #1 need of our D is an attitude and who better to lead it than Lewis?

Ray Lewis is one mercenary that I want no part of. He's just looking for a huge payday. Let him go to Dallas. He can room with T.O. there .

Mangini is going to want him. A linebacker that can cover a tight end. That is hot. If Scott is a high character guy Mangini will break the bank for him.

:-P

If it was a choice for Lewis to play for NY or Cleveland that'd be kinda like chosing between being in The E Street Band and Beaver Brown(s)

Beaver Browns > E Street Band

Anything not having to do with Bruce Springsteen > Anything having to do with Bruce Springsteen

you just dropped down the ladder of credibility SE-especially when it comes to music...stick to salary cap stuff-leave the music to those of us in The Lounge who know

Ray Lewis is one mercenary that I want no part of. He's just looking for a huge payday. Let him go to Dallas. He can room with T.O. there .

When was the last time Ray Lewis took a play off? Sure he wants to get paid, but I guarantee he is going to put forth his best effort on the field, regardless of where he lands. Has he not earned the huge payday? He is arguably the greatest LB to play the game, and is certainly the most noteworthy LB still playing.

There are two definitions for the word mercenary:

mer

Beaver Browns > E Street Band

Anything not having to do with Bruce Springsteen > Anything having to do with Bruce Springsteen

I know there is a hint of sarcasm there, but really? This guy still sells out shows in under 20 mins, regardless of the venue or location. It is one thing not to enjoy someone's style, but give the man his due Sperm.

I know there is a hint of sarcasm there, but really? This guy still sells out shows in under 20 mins, regardless of the venue or location. It is one thing not to enjoy someone's style, but give the man his due Sperm.

All that means is that there are a bunch of stupid people. Didn't Kid Rock sell 7-10 million records on one of his cd's. You're telling me that Kid Rock is musically talented? You're telling me that his music is good? What is popular in music and what is good are usually two different things.

Wait... so this reporter thinks the JETS are trying to acquire two starting ILB's?

Interesting... I would love to hear that conversation... Ray we want you to come here and split time...

Unless Rex decides to run a 2-5 or something like that I don't know why we'd be making a serious run at both of those guys at the same time. It wouldn't even make much sense to move one to the outside--we have enough money invested there anyways. Silly article in those regards: we're going to be looking at getting one or the other, not both.

Interesting how we got from Ray lewis to Bruce Springsteen.

I would not mind either or both of the linebackers Lewis or Scott on our d.

yea I was trying to make an analogy Faba-but you know how it is...whenever on almost any board regardless of venue and The Boss is mentioned it always turns into a he-sucks/he's great and you don't know what you're talking about debate-it's uncanny

you just dropped down the ladder of credibility SE-especially when it comes to music...stick to salary cap stuff-leave the music to those of us in The Lounge who know

Bruce Springsteen is music?

Who knew.

But anyway, back to talking about how the Jets are going to **** up this season. :)

Archived