Another reason to draft heyward-bey

Jetkid94

Ran a 4.26 and a 4.27 in the 40 today. is also 6'6.

hes the guy I want and could drop to round 2

Yeah, because you're every day 6'6" receiver that runs a 4.3 (officially) always drops to round 2.

Dude, you just need to shut up. You'll learn, in life, sometimes it's better to sitback and listen.

Everything I've read about him suggests that he's raw since he's still a bit of a track star playing football and he has inconsistant hands. The most important important trait in a receiver is obviously catching so that worries me. In his defense, he wasn't used correctly in Maryland and he can improve his catching with more time so I wouldn't be upset with the pick considering his physical tools are on an elite level. If he was featured more in the offense its possible he could've challenged Crabtree for the top spot.

I said hes gonna drop because crabtree, hicks, and maclin are still considered the first rounders. not many teams need receivers in round 1. really only seahawks, giants and maybe jaguars.

plus if we get a LB, Cb and FS in FA we can get bey with pick 17.

I said hes gonna drop because crabtree, hicks, and maclin are still considered the first rounders. not many teams need receivers in round 1. really only seahawks, giants and maybe jaguars.

plus if we get a LB, Cb and FS in FA we can get bey with pick 17.

Nicks, is not considered to be a more highly touted prospect than DHB, and to my knowledge never has been.

Most analysts have had DHB in their top 5, with Crab, Maclin, Harvin and sometimes Britt above him...those were Mayock's latest rankings. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some shakeup with those numbers now that some of these numbers are comning along.

That having been said, Harvin, Maclin and DHB all ran about what they were planning to run. I really don't see the rankings changing all that much, unless Maclin's injury is worse than thought.

the only reason he could drop out of the #1 top spot with those numbers is.......he can't catch the football

pass

Well he is actually 6'2" and can catch the football. I find it somewhat humorous you're saying pass on a kid who just ran a 4.3 official 40, is 6'2" 210 and have never seen him play.

It's exactly the type of receiver we need. He could be this years Andre Johnson, only faster and about 15 pounds lighter.

My issue with Heyward-Bey is that he's a person who never really lived up to those numbers in college. I mean, we're talking about someone who only caught 609 yards worth of balls last year despite this blazing size/speed ratio. I'd rather have someone like Crabtree/Maclin/Britt/Nicks who were extremely productive players in college. Even someone like Harvin who I don't care for much as he's a jack of all trades, master of none.

Archived