NY Rangers fire head coach

jets22

John Tortorella seems to be the pick for new head coach. I don't know if he's a great coach, but he's certainly more of an in your face coach than Renney, so I guess the Rangers brass decided the players need to get their asses kicked.

Hope it works, and agree that Torterella's style is much more hands on than Renney. That ahs to be an improvment, but unless he can get this group to score on the PP, hard to see how it can get better. There's 2 moves in the capped NHL they can make-bring up Sanguinetti(and sit Redden, Rosival and Kalinnin if they have another decent D or 2 at Hartford) and bring up Avery. Enough farting around. All fine and good to talk about "defense first" but when your defensemen other than Staal and Girardi don't hit anyone(especially with Mara out), the other team's top line is having a field day in the Rangers' zeon every night. Note to "chemistry" ; the Rnager never stop talking about what a great bunch of guys they have. Better to have guys who hate each othr and play hard than a group who get along great and play passively.

I wish Sather would go away but as long as Dolan is there or unless he pulls an Isiah and decided to screw around with a female employee he is untouchable.

It amazes me the list of stars the Rangers have brought in here through the years and they tank.

Bure

Lindros

Fleury

Drury

Gomez

Redden

Holik

I'm sure I'm missing more but it seems like everytime Sather goes for star power it blows up in his face.

Other than Jagr and Straka (Who of course the Rangers let go) what good has Sather done.

Renney did a good job for most of his tenure here. Alot better than turds like Ron Low and Trottier did. Somewhere though the team just playing for him. Maybe it was the debacle against Dallas, I don't know.

Hopefully whoever is brought in can light a fire under Drury @ss. Man has he fallen in just two years.

By who? Most Rangers fans I know haven't liked Renney or Pearne at all for a while now.

Now all we need is Sather gone.

you guys were on top of the NHL int he first month of the season. No way did you guys want him gone at that point in time..

This islanders had a hotstart last year and bombed out, kinda like what the rangers are doing. and our coach was also fired for it.

I wish Sather would go away but as long as Dolan is there or unless he pulls an Isiah and decided to screw around with a female employee he is untouchable.

It amazes me the list of stars the Rangers have brought in here through the years and they tank.

Bure

Lindros

Fleury

Drury

Gomez

Redden

Holik

I'm sure I'm missing more but it seems like everytime Sather goes for star power it blows up in his face.

Other than Jagr and Straka (Who of course the Rangers let go) what good has Sather done.

Renney did a good job for most of his tenure here. Alot better than turds like Ron Low and Trottier did. Somewhere though the team just playing for him. Maybe it was the debacle against Dallas, I don't know.

Hopefully whoever is brought in can light a fire under Drury @ss. Man has he fallen in just two years.

The rangers had plenty of talent this year, but at this point the islanders young talent looks more promising then the rangers veteran talent.

Even you guys can see that

you guys were on top of the NHL int he first month of the season. No way did you guys want him gone at that point in time..

This islanders had a hotstart last year and bombed out, kinda like what the rangers are doing. and our coach was also fired for it.

It was put on the backburner. That's totally different from claiming that we were calling him coach of the year.

Also--most websites rate the Rangers higher in terms of organization compared to the Islanders. Although that could escape some fish-stick shaded glasses.

Archived