Breaking News Coles released

jetsrule128

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is $7,000,000 in dead cap money from him now with $0 in savings... ouch...

0% chance of this unless the Jets are stoopid

I'm sure ist guarenteed if he's on the roster at the start of the league year or something

Whats the point in having a really good wide out when you don't have a QB? ;)

I think some of the room they are making is for a QB and a couple of Ravens. :)

Yeah but you can only win that way if you cheat... sort of like the Pats did... :lol:

Housh is a good WR when he has a great WR beside him.

If he came here and produced, teams would double him and leave Cotch one on one, and every defender out there is scared of his speed :rolleyes:.

Housh had a pretty solid year with Chad missing a lot of time and Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball.

He has a knack to get open and is very good in the red zone. He just isnt going to stretch the field.

Sounds like the compromise is that the Jets un-guaranteed his salary in exchange for his release. It is a big gamble for him. He could've taken his $6M and tested the market next year - potentially an uncapped year!

Jets needed a WR before this in a bad way. Now they really need one.

Had to be something like that. Otherwise 0 reason to do this.

Wow is all I can say.

Housh had a pretty solid year with Chad missing a lot of time and Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball.

He has a knack to get open and is very good in the red zone. He just isnt going to stretch the field.

True, which is why if we pick him up, we will have two receivers who's speed scares no one.

I know speed isn't everything when it comes to being a great WR, i.e. Jerry Rice, but we need someone on the field with enough speed to scare a defense.

I'm sure he let the Jets out of the "guaranteed" 2009 season. Interesting to say the least. The Jets have a lot of cap room now. Wonder if they're going after Boldin. Coles' departure is the only way it could happen.

This puts the JETS into the 20's and if they release Moore as well (I hope not) it would put them near or over 30 million free...

Who are they after... I hope they are under 30 years old...

I'm sure he let the Jets out of the "guaranteed" 2009 season. Interesting to say the least. The Jets have a lot of cap room now. Wonder if they're going after Boldin. Coles' departure is the only way it could happen.

2003 draft, round two, revisited....

21 53 Victor Hobson Jets LB Michigan

22 54 Anquan Boldin Cardinals WR Florida State

Why on earth would Coles let the Jets out of his guaranteed year....nevermind I don't think negotiating a deal which involves LESS guaranteed money would be allowed by the NFLPA. Make no mistake about it, we're paying Coles to not play next year.

I'm tired about his bitching as well, but you have to question if that was a good move. I don't think it is. Either way, I'll let T-Rex make their plan before I criticize too seriously. Don't care if he's gone if Boldin will be here shortly, for example.

i bet it is Chad Johnson

Boldin will cost too much in draft picks

Agreed - Trade Clemens and a 2nd for Ocho Cinco

I know I will get ripped for this but now he can officially change his name - Rebock can't bitch about it and those unis would sell like hot cakes (calm down mods)

I'd love Chad Johnson in white and Green.

Make it happen FO! :D

Agreed - Trade Clemens and a 2nd for Ocho Cinco

I know I will get ripped for this but now he can officially change his name - Rebock can't bitch about it and those unis would sell like hot cakes (calm down mods)

After the year that Johnson had, no way I give up a 2nd round pick for him.

I wasn't sure if we should draft a CB or a WR. Now I am sure.

Unless we just get lucky, a rookie WR - particularly someone to be the #1 guy - is something to draft when we have 2 starters in place. Very few prove to be worthy of starting as rookies (particularly in week 1). With the current cap room, IMO we're in the market for a veteran either in FA or through a trade.

Bryan Thomas for Anquan Boldin. There, I said it. Make it happen, Mike.

Does anybody know what we are on the hook for?

There is no way Coles let them out of that money, unless Johnson is making him some kind of baby powder exec!

If he actually did let us of the hook, God Bless him!

He was a good player for us but he was just about spent, if he did this to play in Miami it was pure genius to let Chad sign there.

What a bonus! :P

Archived