Darius Heyward-Bey

nj meadowlands

I'm still a little skeptical of someone whose draft stock is almost entirely based off of his measurables since we know he wasn't much of a Football player at Maryland. At least certainly not worth a 1st round pick there.

Difference is Gholston was an excellent college player with Top Measurables.

DHB caught for all of about 600 yards last year.

I'd be tempted by him but he has a lot of Troy Williamson features.

You have to have watched DHB play in order to know what type of receiver he is. I understand the trepidation this forum would have with another workout warrior, but he's more than that.

I've be touting this kid for a couple years now, so I've seen my fair share of games. On of my best friends also goes to the school at MD, so I've gotten the privelage of seeing him live.

The arguments for him, i'm sure everyone's heard them, but I'll just rattle off a few. He played in a primarily rush-oriented offense, with very inconsistent, at best, quarterback play. For whatever reason they didn't target DHB enough and the headcoach even admitted so.

Even if you go to his highlight reel you see a player who has not only speed but good hands. The ball never gets into his body and he's made some acrobatic catches as well.

If you go and watch his performance at the gauntlet you see how good his hands really are. He attacks every ball and never lets them get close to his body.

I will admit that I am biased, because I've wanted him for a couple years now, but atleast that's my argument for him. Besides having blazing speed, good height, 38.5" vert, good change of direction he's a willing blocker.

You have to have watched DHB play in order to know what type of receiver he is. I understand the trepidation this forum would have with another workout warrior, but he's more than that.

I've be touting this kid for a couple years now, so I've seen my fair share of games. On of my best friends also goes to the school at MD, so I've gotten the privelage of seeing him live.

The arguments for him, i'm sure everyone's heard them, but I'll just rattle off a few. He played in a primarily rush-oriented offense, with very inconsistent, at best, quarterback play. For whatever reason they didn't target DHB enough and the headcoach even admitted so.

Even if you go to his highlight reel you see a player who has not only speed but good hands. The ball never gets into his body and he's made some acrobatic catches as well.

If you go and watch his performance at the gauntlet you see how good his hands really are. He attacks every ball and never lets them get close to his body.

I will admit that I am biased, because I've wanted him for a couple years now, but atleast that's my argument for him. Besides having blazing speed, good height, 38.5" vert, good change of direction he's a willing blocker.

That's good to hear. If we take a shot on him you wont hear me complaining.

taking someone like him is just too much of a risk in the first round, someone with that kind of talent should have produced much more in college.

Kenny Britt didn't have the best quarterback throwing to him, and he just about doubled DHB production

Well, they were both 2nd-round grades in my mind before the combine... and now DHB has moved himself up into the first round.

I wouldn't mind the kid on my team... but I wouldn't expect him to come in an pay immediate dividends. Most WR's take 3 years to develop, and that's if they are seniors.

Well, they were both 2nd-round grades in my mind before the combine... and now DHB has moved himself up into the first round.

I wouldn't mind the kid on my team... but I wouldn't expect him to come in an pay immediate dividends. Most WR's take 3 years to develop, and that's if they are seniors.

exactly, that's why when you take a first round pick you want them to make an impact in the first year. Heyward bey probably isn't ready. I believe Britt and Nicks are.

if they don't take a receiver in the first round Deon Butler from penn state would be a solid pick in the later rounds. he's very fast, ran a 4.38, i believe, and has great hands, saw them at the skills competition on espn. Butler might be the perfect complement to Cotchery

Archived