A-rod is a Jinx for wearing 13

LiLMiCKMANTLE

I don't know that A-Rod is as much of a jinx is he is a joke...or an adulterer, steroid using metrosexual who is in love with a 50 year old woman who is doing her best to look like a 50 year old man, and who can't hit in the clutch and expects Yankee fans and baseball fans to be as naive as he claims to be when he knew exactly what his cousin was injecting him with. I also think it would have been great if when he walked away from the Yankees, they didn't come crawling back and beg for the opportunity to pay him 30 mil per season. I think the issues surrounding Alex have more to do with him being an incredibly stupid human being than the number 13. JMO though. Here's to hoping someting prevents him from stepping on the field this season. Can't wait for opening day. Go Yankees!!!!!

I don't know that A-Rod is as much of a jinx is he is a joke...or an adulterer, steroid using metrosexual who is in love with a 50 year old woman who is doing her best to look like a 50 year old man, and who can't hit in the clutch and expects Yankee fans and baseball fans to be as naive as he claims to be when he knew exactly what his cousin was injecting him with. I also think it would have been great if when he walked away from the Yankees, they didn't come crawling back and beg for the opportunity to pay him 30 mil per season. I think the issues surrounding Alex have more to do with him being an incredibly stupid human being than the number 13. JMO though. Here's to hoping someting prevents him from stepping on the field this season. Can't wait for opening day. Go Yankees!!!!!

If Alex Rodriguez doesn't perform well for us, let alone doesn't step on the field, the Yankees are going NOWHERE.

If Alex Rodriguez doesn't perform well for us, let alone doesn't step on the field, the Yankees are going NOWHERE.

Take out Alex Rodriguez and insert pitching.

The Yankees won before Alex and will win after he leaves. I dont expect him to hit in the clutch this season(which he rarely ever does) anyways.

Take out Alex Rodriguez and insert pitching.

The Yankees won before Alex and will win after he leaves. I dont expect him to hit in the clutch this season(which he rarely ever does) anyways.

Well than we better replace Alex with Bernie Williams in his prime, because that's who we won with before Alex got here. You can't just take out your #4 hitter and expect to win.

Well than we better replace Alex with Bernie Williams in his prime, because that's who we won with before Alex got here. You can't just take out your #4 hitter and expect to win.

That being said, I think Alex Rodriguez is a very replaceable player.

Right...that's why he's played on so many championship teams. Nobody can win without A-Rod on their roster...just think of how the Yankees would have struggled to win anything over the past few seasons if Alex the great wasn't on board.

He's had one useful season and SURPRISE, it was in his opt out year. Other than that he chokes more often than one of the girls on the set of a JoeBabyNY production.

Right...that's why he's played on so many championship teams. Nobody can win without A-Rod on their roster...just think of how the Yankees would have struggled to win anything over the past few seasons if Alex the great wasn't on board.

He's had one useful season and SURPRISE, it was in his opt out year. Other than that he chokes more often than one of the girls on the set of a JoeBabyNY production.

It has nothing to do specifically with A-Rod, it has to do with our lineup and what it looks like without the production A-Rod puts up over the course of the season. You have to replace that production, and no one on our roster.. does that.

It has nothing to do specifically with A-Rod, it has to do with our lineup and what it looks like without the production A-Rod puts up over the course of the season. You have to replace that production, and no one on our roster.. does that.

With the amount of excellent hitting in the Yankees line up, I'm sure they can find a guy to **** the bed in big spots and drive in the occasional 7th inning RBI with a difference of five or more in the score. If the pitching performs as expected, they should be able to overcome A-Rod though. Otherwise it's going to be another post season free campaign for the Yankees while A-Rod and Scott Boras laugh all the way to the bank. Go Yankees!

A-Rod is a true talent, roids or not. He's not a type of talent that is out there every single year to find, which is why he's not that replaceable. Seattle and Texas are MORBID teams, they have no one to speak of as in production. We need A-Rod to produce if we want to even threaten for a title. Whoever says otherwise pretty much has, and will always hate him.

Disagree. The Yankee lineup played noticeably better over the years when Giambi was out of the lineup.

Over the past four years or so, the Yankee record with Giambi in the lineup vs him out was pretty crazy.

I dont think Arod adds nearly as much as his numbers were suggest. And his numbers do prove he gets worse in clutch situations. Its crucial that he hits in these situations, I just dont think he's capable of it.

Obviously we are debating 2 different issues, you guys don't like A-Rod and think we will never win with him, I think our lineup is weak without his right handed bat.

Basically. There's people who look at the fake statistic of "clutch" and weigh in such things as character and personality. I just look at his production and think it's something unrivaled at an infield position played at a gold glove level.

A-Rod is a true talent, roids or not. He's not a type of talent that is out there every single year to find, which is why he's not that replaceable. Seattle and Texas are MORBID teams, they have no one to speak of as in production. We need A-Rod to produce if we want to even threaten for a title. Whoever says otherwise pretty much has, and will always hate him.

The fact that we even have to ask this is concerning.

The Yankees have won one series since Alex has been here. How many did they win prior to his arrival?

Obviously we are debating 2 different issues, you guys don't like A-Rod and think we will never win with him, I think our lineup is weak without his right handed bat.

Damon-LF/DH

Jeter-SS

Teixera-1B

Matsui-DH/LF

Nady/Swisher-RF

Posada-C

Cano-2B

Mid level 3B acquisition

Gardner-CF

If the pitching performs as expected, I'd go to battle with that line up.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to look at box scores and see tons of home runs and RBI's...it would just be nice to get a player who could do it when it matters from time to time....that's just me though.

The fact that we even have to ask this is concerning.

The Yankees have won one series since Alex has been here. How many did they win prior to his arrival?

It just seems like cut your nose to spite your face mentality. He's here, we're counting on him, you get rid of him we're not gonna magically find someone to replace him.

Alex ain't the entire reason why we haven't won. Our FO has made RETARDED moves, that "braintrust".

Pavano

Wright

Brown

Randy Johnson

Letting Andy walk

Etc.

That's just off the top of my head.

Damon-LF/DH

Jeter-SS

Teixera-1B

Matsui-DH/LF

Nady/Swisher-RF

Posada-C

Cano-2B

Mid level 3B acquisition

Gardner-CF

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to look at box scores and see tons of home runs and RBI's...it would just be nice to get a player who could do it when it matters from time to time....that's just me though.

The lineup over the past few years has been wildly inconsisten. They'll put up 18 one night then follow it up with a goose egg. Arod was a main culprit of this.

Those high run totals in blowouts look nice at the end of the year when looking at total runs scored, but can be very misleading.

It just seems like cut your nose to spite your face mentality. He's here, we're counting on him, you get rid of him we're not gonna magically find someone to replace him.

Alex ain't the entire reason why we haven't won. Our FO has made RETARDED moves, that "braintrust".

Pavano

Wright

Brown

Randy Johnson

Letting Andy walk

Etc.

That's just off the top of my head.

Clemens "retired" and Wells left.

Basically. There's people who look at the fake statistic of "clutch" and weigh in such things as character and personality. I just look at his production and think it's something unrivaled at an infield position played at a gold glove level.

A shame you see it that way. One of the reasons I have so much respect for the great Thurman Munson was because he was so clutch. He rose to the occassion when the lights got bright. I guess ole' Thurman was just lucky and it had nothing to do with having the balls to overcome big stage jitters and tear the cover off the ball. Just a myth.

Damon-LF/DH

Jeter-SS

Teixera-1B

Matsui-DH/LF

Nady/Swisher-RF

Posada-C

Cano-2B

Mid level 3B acquisition

Gardner-CF

Outside of Tex and Cano our D is weak and if you're going to battle with that lineup you better be damn sure you got a solid D.

All I'm saying is this roster is constructed for a reason. Alex has a role to play in it and as much as passionate haters of A-rod dont' want to admit it, it's an important role.

And winning tons of championships! And continued success!

Oh wait.

Where did I say that? Those teams were terrible. Absolutely horrible baseball teams nowhere near the caliber of this Yankee team. HOWEVER...the fact is that when A-Rod left, they saw significant improvement. That's my point. Everywhere he has left, the team has improved.

A shame you see it that way. One of the reasons I have so much respect for the great Thurman Munson was because he was so clutch. He rose to the occassion when the lights got bright. I guess ole' Thurman was just lucky and it had nothing to do with having the balls to overcome big stage jitters and tear the cover off the ball. Just a myth.

It's a stat you see with your eye. You just summed it up. IMO A-rod wins us plenty of games during the season with production then loses us by not hitting in a "clutch" situation.

As for playoffs, that's my qualm with Alex, and until he puts together a post-season that is productive then I can't not say he's a choker. Regular season "clutchness" is overrated IMO.

Archived