A-rod is a Jinx for wearing 13

LiLMiCKMANTLE

Yes.. he carried us through the series vs the Twins, and the first 3 games vs the Sox in 2004.

As a Yankee fan, I prefer a guy who can get it done in the post season more than one time every four or five years. Oh wait...he didn't even get it done for an entire post season. Let me re-phrase that. I like players who can step up in the post season for more than six or seven games every four or five years. To each his own though. Can't way for A-Rod to feast on Kansas City in the 8th inning this year. It's gonna be awesome.

This isn't even worth arguing, we aren't talking about a #7 or #8 hitter here. A-Rod is our clean up hitter, he's going to play a huge role in weather we win or not.

We are if we're talking about the post-season

As a Yankee fan, I prefer a guy who can get it done in the post season more than one time every four or five years. Oh wait...he didn't even get it done for an entire post season. Let me re-phrase that. I like players who can step up in the post season for more than six or seven games every four or five years. To each his own though. Can't way for A-Rod to feast on Kansas City in the 8th inning this year. It's gonna be awesome.

Our whole team hasn't been hitting in the post season lately, ESPECIALLY DEREK JETER.

Laughable?

Has Arod hit in the clutch other than 2007?

Dude it's laughable cause you're lumping it ALL ON HIM.

Here's my argument and stance on Alex Rodriguez:

Excellent RBI producer

Great Glove at 3B

Always a threat

Post-season MESS. He chokes for the most part and fails to continue production in October.

If we were a team that was built on defense, pitching, and speed on the base paths then I'd say "we dont' need him". But we aren't built for that, and we need his production. It just seems that either he puts the team on his back from game 1 all the way to the title is all that'll satisfy people.

It's a stat you see with your eye. You just summed it up. IMO A-rod wins us plenty of games during the season with production then loses us by not hitting in a "clutch" situation.

As for playoffs, that's my qualm with Alex, and until he puts together a post-season that is productive then I can't not say he's a choker. Regular season "clutchness" is overrated IMO.

Is post season "****ting the bed" overrated?

Where did I say that? Those teams were terrible. Absolutely horrible baseball teams nowhere near the caliber of this Yankee team. HOWEVER...the fact is that when A-Rod left, they saw significant improvement. That's my point. Everywhere he has left, the team has improved.

I don't have that stats in-front of me. My point is so they had a 1 or 2 year curve they got "better" only to do nothing "better" which is winning a championship. That's my point, and in the meantime they've lost long term production of his bat.

I don't have that stats in-front of me. My point is so they had a 1 or 2 year curve they got "better" only to do nothing "better" which is winning a championship. That's my point, and in the meantime they've lost long term production of his bat.

Well isn't the following season the best measuring stick? That's when the roster is going to be most similar to the previous season (with A-Rod). Looking at any franchise as bad as Seattle or Texas "long term" is worthless because they're never good minus the occassional season here and there. We only know they got better when he left, only to return to their usual mediocre level of play over the long haul.

If you actually look at the numbers, this whole A-Rod has been bad in the post season is blown out of proportion.

He put up great numbers in post season with Seattle in 2 different seasons. He also put up great numbers vs the Twins and respectable numbers vs. the Red Sox in in 2004. He also didn't do horrible vs the Indians in 2007 (though Derek Jeter did)

If you're gonna get into it with me, read my goddamn posts.

I said my main issue with him is his choking in the post season. Post-season run production is paramount, and he has FAILED in doing that.

okay, but only if you read mine too. I said I wanted him gone because I like it when the Yankees win championships and having him on the roster only makes it harder. Does he hear about his post-season failures more than other players? Absolutely. Why? He's the highest paid player in baseball and probably one of the least intelligent players every to put on a uniform. Every time he opens his mouth the Yankees should have a PR guy behind him telling him to shut it.

Choking is real....I think we agree there. The 30 million per year material boy excells in that particular area. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion...that's bad.

If you actually look at the numbers, this whole A-Rod has been bad in the post season is blown out of proportion.

He put up great numbers in post season with Seattle in 2 different seasons. He also put up great numbers vs the Twins and respectable numbers vs. the Red Sox in in 2004. He also didn't do horrible vs the Indians in 2007 (though Derek Jeter did)

I really don't have any interest in what A-Rod did in the great north west with nobody watching while he was playing second fiddle to Griffey. I would like to see him do it in a big city like....I dunno...New York.

Jeter has failed in the past few post seasons. No doubt about it. However, I for one won't bash him in an A-Rod thread because while he may not have done enough to earn your respect as a Yankee fan, he's done enough to earn mine.

okay, but only if you read mine too. I said I wanted him gone because I like it when the Yankees win championships and having him on the roster only makes it harder. Does he hear about his post-season failures more than other players? Absolutely. Why? He's the highest paid player in baseball and probably one of the least intelligent players every to put on a uniform. Every time he opens his mouth the Yankees should have a PR guy behind him telling him to shut it.

Choking is real....I think we agree there. The 30 million per year material boy excells in that particular area. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion...that's bad.

There is no doubt we need A-Rod to hit in the post season, we need everyone to hit, but to get to the post season.. we need A-Rod, and we need him in a big way. Without him, I don't think we can keep up with the Rays and Red Sox. Like Bonds, eventually Alex's ability will overcome whatever has happened to him in the post season from 05-07.

This is my last post on this matter:

Some people think that without A-Rod we will magically start winning world series. To me the reason that thought is ridiculous is this team is built to win WITH A-ROD. That's the truth. We haven't had great pitching since what, 03? And since then, the AL East has become a monster of a division. The Red Sox are spearheaded by good pitching and consistent hitting. The Rays have blossomed and are a force to be reckoned with. The Blue Jays can be competitive and given game with their pitching. A lot of Yankee fans assume we have a right into the playoffs and it's given we're in there every year. That's not the case, we need to get to the dance. And without Alex Rodriguez, on this roster, we are severely hurting our chances to do so.

I'm not saying we CANNOT do it, I'm saying we'd have to find one hell of a solid replacement and then expect Gardner to hit .320 or something ridiculous like that, finding the production elsewhere. A player that produces offensively is hard to replace, would you like to see and example.

For an example look back one year ago and just look at what the loss of Jorge Posada did to this club. When you have a player that produces offensive #'s at a position that usually doesn't produce it always gives you an edge. You lose that player and unless you can find someone who can put up close to those #'s it's a huge detriment.

For better or worse, we're stuck with him until we find a suitable replacement. Everyone has their own opinions. You're welcome to hate on him until he wins us a ring and past that, or you can just swallow it and hope this dude can do it for us. I'm of the latter, I don't like the guy, but I love my team and my team needs him to do well now.

I really don't have any interest in what A-Rod did in the great north west with nobody watching while he was playing second fiddle to Griffey. I would like to see him do it in a big city like....I dunno...New York.

Jeter has failed in the past few post seasons. No doubt about it. However, I for one won't bash him in an A-Rod thread because while he may not have done enough to earn your respect as a Yankee fan, he's done enough to earn mine.

Griffey wasn't in Seattle in 2000 when the Mariners beat the White Sox and then lost to the Yankees in 6 games. Alex actually hit over .400 vs the Yankees in that series, with 2 home runs. So I'm pretty sure people in big markets like NY and Chicago where watching.

There is no doubt we need A-Rod to hit in the post season, we need everyone to hit, but to get to the post season.. we need A-Rod, and we need him in a big way. Without him, I don't think we can keep up with the Rays and Red Sox. Like Bonds, eventually Alex's ability will overcome whatever has happened to him in the post season from 05-07.

Then how exactly did the Yankees make it to the post season (and win rings) before Alex arrived? As I said, I think the Yankees pitching is good enough to win with a line-up nowhere near as good as it is with or without A-Roid.

This is fun and all...but there's no way we'll be lucky enough to find out who's right or wrong about how the Yankees would do without him in the line-up. Can't wait for opening day. Go Yankees!

Then how exactly did the Yankees make it to the post season (and win rings) before Alex arrived? As I said, I think the Yankees pitching is good enough to win with a line-up nowhere near as good as it is with or without A-Roid.

This is fun and all...but there's no way we'll be lucky enough to find out who's right or wrong about how the Yankees would do without him in the line-up. Can't wait for opening day. Go Yankees!

Because we had guys like Bernie Williams and Paul O'Neill in the middle of the lineup. Last time I checked they both retired.

Griffey wasn't in Seattle in 2000 when the Mariners beat the White Sox and then lost to the Yankees in 6 games. Alex actually hit over .400 vs the Yankees in that series, with 2 home runs. So I'm pretty sure people in big markets like NY and Chicago where watching.

That's awesome. Now there's something for A-Roids fans to hang their hats on for the next nine years. He's clutch in the post season AGAINST THE YANKEES. LOL. As I said earlier, I prefer a player who can perform for more than a few post season games over a decade span or so. Again, just my opinion and we're all entitled to our own.

This is my last post on this matter:

Some people think that without A-Rod we will magically start winning world series. To me the reason that thought is ridiculous is this team is built to win WITH A-ROD. That's the truth. We haven't had great pitching since what, 03? And since then, the AL East has become a monster of a division. The Red Sox are spearheaded by good pitching and consistent hitting. The Rays have blossomed and are a force to be reckoned with. The Blue Jays can be competitive and given game with their pitching. A lot of Yankee fans assume we have a right into the playoffs and it's given we're in there every year. That's not the case, we need to get to the dance. And without Alex Rodriguez, on this roster, we are severely hurting our chances to do so.

I'm not saying we CANNOT do it, I'm saying we'd have to find one hell of a solid replacement and then expect Gardner to hit .320 or something ridiculous like that, finding the production elsewhere. A player that produces offensively is hard to replace, would you like to see and example.

For an example look back one year ago and just look at what the loss of Jorge Posada did to this club. When you have a player that produces offensive #'s at a position that usually doesn't produce it always gives you an edge. You lose that player and unless you can find someone who can put up close to those #'s it's a huge detriment.

For better or worse, we're stuck with him until we find a suitable replacement. Everyone has their own opinions. You're welcome to hate on him until he wins us a ring and past that, or you can just swallow it and hope this dude can do it for us. I'm of the latter, I don't like the guy, but I love my team and my team needs him to do well now.

Because we had guys like Bernie Williams and Paul O'Neill in the middle of the lineup. Last time I checked they both retired.

Right...and the last time I checked we'd signed Mark Teixera and we now have Robinson Cano at 2B instead of Luis Sojo. Not to mention Posada who is a better hitter than Girardi was when the Yanks were also able to win a ring. Again, not that it matters for any more than this discussion but I think with a rotation of...

CC

AJ

Wang

Joba

Andy

the Yankees don't need to play home run derby to win

Archived