Scott signs with Jets! ($8M/yr)

BroadwayJ667

Mark Cannizzaro is on the line with NFLN as I type. Apparently Scott has NOT SIGNED with the Jets and is going back to Baltimore to see if they'll up the ante. WTF ? Watch us wind up with Lewis !! Crap :(

That wouldn't be the worst thing... Not ideal, sure, but not the worst.

Mark Cannizzaro is on the line with NFLN as I type. Apparently Scott has NOT SIGNED with the Jets and is going back to Baltimore to see if they'll up the ante. WTF ? Watch us wind up with Lewis !! Crap :(

Cannizzaro said Baltimore has come back and sweetened the deal to 5yr 42m...so it looks like we'll have to go up to at least 5yr 45m to get him.

Let the bidding war begin! :suic3:

This is so ****ing embarassing. Thanks Jets.

No it isn't.

If it was another team it would be somewhat, but think about this:

1) Take the deal and have to move, learn a new environment, etc etc

2) Stay, and life is easy

People take counter offers from their "current" employer all the time.

Cannizzaro said Baltimore has come back and sweetened the deal to 5yr 42m...so it looks like we'll have to go up to at least 5yr 45m to get him.

Let the bidding war begin! :suic3:

I'd stop. I'd say look, 5/42 is as hgih as we're going and here you get Ryan and Pettine (sp) so the coaching will be very familiar.

Don't like it, fine.. Nice for you to have visited. and I'd call RayRay for 3 yrs, 24.1M.

Who are you kidding? You're happy about this. You get partake in your favorite pastime: bitching and whining.

No, I'm 10x happier to see the Jets win, unlike some people who always are looking something to complain about.

I only laugh at Ratliff lovers.

The Jets CLEARLY got played today.

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

Only the Jets.

I said it in another thread earlier:

It really seems like posters here are rooting for the Jets to miss out on the players they are targeting just so they can point fingers and complain.

Really quite egotistical, and really quite sad.

I said it in another thread earlier:

It really seems like posters here are rooting for the Jets to miss out on the players they are targeting just so they can point fingers and complain.

Really quite egotistical, and really quite sad.

He has been on that kick for a little while now... its just a phase we hope... lol

The other cool thing is to pick out a player you know nobody else will want and then bitch about hwo the JETS dont want to put a winning team on the field because they wont get guys like Vick...

He has been on that kick for a little while now... its just a phase we hope... lol

The other cool thing is to pick out a player you know nobody else will want and then bitch about hwo the JETS dont want to put a winning team on the field because they wont get guys like Vick...

It is not just him though. It is even other, much better posters then him who you wouldn't expect it from.

I expect stupid crap like that from him.

It is not just him though. It is even other, much better posters then him who you wouldn't expect it from.

I expect stupid crap like that from him.

Really? You're going to diss me? Go back to JetsInsider you stupid piece of **** where the rest of the *******s belong.

Who are you kidding? You're happy about this. You get partake in your favorite pastime: bitching and whining.

There's very little happiness to take from what seems to be us losing Scott. Except of course for reposting these:

:Nuts:

Just because you've decided to be an ass today doesn't mean it's not true.

And I was right as usual, wasn't I Lord ****stain?

Free agent linebacker Bart Scott has just finalized a multi-year contract with the New York Jets, sources close to the situation have just informed the National Football Post.

A seven-year veteran out of Southern Illinois, Scott had 82 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 16 games for the Ravens last season.

More on this story as it develops.

Apparently they were not close enough.

Really? You're going to diss me? Go back to JetsInsider you stupid piece of **** where the rest of the *******s belong.

Dude,

You're just not a good poster. You bring very little to the board. Sorry if it hurts you to hear but it is the truth.

espn radio is reporting 100% done deal...

So many conflicting reports, its bad enough that there are this many. Not for nothing but I was fowarded this story:

But here's the craziest part of this story: This has happened with Scott before, where he got a case of cold feet right before being faced with leaving Baltimore. In 2006, Scott, then a reserve linebacker for the Ravens, was making a free agent visit to Cleveland, where the general manager was then Phil Savage, the former Ravens personnel man. The Browns thought they had a deal done with Scott, but at the last minute he asked to use the bathroom and called Newsome from a men's room stall. He told Newsome he wanted to remain a Raven and asked for his best offer, and accepted it on the spot.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/02/27/signings/index.html?eref=T1

Edited by 124

Dude,

You're just not a good poster. You bring very little to the board. Sorry if it hurts you to hear but it is the truth.

Because you would know, right? You are a board evaluator? Take out your circle jerk JI buddies and I guarentee you if there was a vote between you and I, I would be here. If I bring very little, you bring nothing. If I bring very little, why I am asked to write for the site and run an NFL News blog? What are you asked to do again?

Because you would know, right? You are a board evaluator? Take out your circle jerk JI buddies and I guarentee you if there was a vote between you and I, I would be here. If I bring very little, you bring nothing. If I bring very little, why I am asked to write for the site and run an NFL News blog? What are you asked to do again?

Dude, you're very popular on the board, of course you'd win a vote.

I don't share JMJ's sentiment about you, but he happens to be one of the most knowledgible posters on any site I've read. It is what it is.

And you know he's going to respond to your 'NFL News Blog' comment with something negative about your ability to repost other peoples information.

• Upvote 1

Yes, and I find it hilarious that everyone is getting worked up over 1 player who is good but not great.

Yeah what a crazy idea to get worked up over a guy coming in to fill an open position on the team that knows the system already and can help teach it...

That should be awesome.

Dude, you're bipolar and do nothing but whine and complain. I haven't ever once seen you ever thoughtfully discuss football and you changed your avatar 16 times two weeks ago with a new QB per day that you wanted.

If this site wants you to write for them then that is on them. So be it. This site is cool and 95% of their posters rock. You just don't.