Scott signs with Jets! ($8M/yr)

BroadwayJ667

But he's not "premiere" or he would have been in the pro bowl. He is average in a great system. Ray Lewis is premiere. Ed Reed is premiere. Heynsworth is premiere.Peppers is premiere. Scott is good.

But the next three points are correct.

Being in the Pro Bowl doesn't make you premeire.

Case in point. Brett Favre made the pro bowl this year.

Anyone who's watched Bart Scott play consistently (Ravens fans have told me he's as good as any defensive player in the league) can tell just how good he is. People who base things on stats are going to be surprised.

Agreed, he gives his all.

I'm excited.

Being in the Pro Bowl doesn't make you premeire.

Case in point. Brett Favre made the pro bowl this year.

Bart Scott is not a premier LB in this league. It really dosent matter..you guys got him in his prime and he knows your system my only beef is the price tag in which i truly dont care cause i hate the jets. But yes the signing makes absolute sense.

Well done sir...But he is making premier money.

First of all. Agreeing with a guy that's trying so hard to be contrarian, so that if Scott fails he can say 'I told you so', and when it works, no one will remember this conversation, is not something you should shoot for.

Second:

Is the money coming out of your pocket? No.

Is his contract preventing the Jets from signing other Free Agents? No.

Is his contract preventing the Jets from signing their forecoming draft picks? No.

There are plenty of ways to make fun of the Jets, this really isn't one of them. If you want to be a troll, you should really try to suck less at it.

First of all. Agreeing with a guy that's trying so hard to be contrarian, so that if Scott fails he can say 'I told you so', and when it works, no one will remember this conversation, is not something you should shoot for.

Second:

Is his contract preventing the Jets from signing their forecoming draft picks? No.

There are plenty of ways to make fun of the Jets, this really isn't one of them. If you want to be a troll, you should really try to suck less at it.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. We're not handcuffing ourselves to Bart Scott.

Second:

You guys are on crack rock. Dude i said the signing makes sense. I just don't think he should be one of the highest paid linebackers in the league. Yoy guys got your man i'm sorry to rain on your parade i'll stop

Man, I have to quit my job. How can I stay up with everything???? I think it's a good signing. We needed another lb. We got one of the better ones that isn't too old and that isn't a flash in the frying pan. Now we can always mark off one of the things we needed in the draft with the first pick. I'm excited. Welcome to the Jets!!!!!

Bart Scott is not a premier LB in this league. It really dosent matter..you guys got him in his prime and he knows your system my only beef is the price tag in which i truly dont care cause i hate the jets. But yes the signing makes absolute sense.

He's better than Crowder or however you spell his name, younger than Porter and most likely will make an impact his first year with us if he did sign. Moron

You guys are on crack rock. Dude i said the signing makes sense. I just don't think he should be one of the highest paid linebackers in the league. Yoy guys got your man i'm sorry to rain on your parade i'll stop

You're ignoring the fact that top players in free agency become top players at their position EVERY SINGLE YEAR in the NFL. The salary cap rises, and that's the way it works.

JaMarcus Russel, even if he was good, didn't deserve to be paid as highly as he was, but that's the way the league works.

One final question for you. Fine, I admit he's not this top-tier amazing, best-in-league type of guy... But in FA is he BAP at his position? If that's the case you'll have to pay him the money, goes back to the point that in FA, everyone gets overpaid. Like you said, we got "our" guy. I think he's got lots of upside to him considering he's in a system where he's been coached under that specific coach. He's worked with both Ryan and Pettine.

You're ignoring the fact that top players in free agency become top players at their position EVERY SINGLE YEAR in the NFL. The salary cap rises, and that's the way it works.

JaMarcus Russel, even if he was good, didn't deserve to be paid as highly as he was, but that's the way the league works.

Why are you trying to talk reason with this man...its not working

82 tackles and 1.5 sacks....8 mil a year?? Another overpay at linebacker for the new york jets

dammit i have to agree. But I'm not Rex. It's his first HC job and he wants guys he's comfortable with, He knows he's not getting any of Baltimore's studs, so he's grabbing the "others"

If you look at it as Baker for Scott, i guess it works.

Yet another strong moment for you there, lance.

:face:

You always add so much to the conversation, my friend, at least you've found your niche. Go with the masses and take shots at me. Tell us all the story of when and why you started liking american football, and then why you switched to the jets.....five years ago.

You always add so much to the conversation, my friend, at least you've found your niche. Go with the masses and take shots at me. Tell us all the story of when and why you started liking american football, and then why you switched to the jets.....five years ago.

"Switched to the Jets"? You're implying I ever followed another NFL team? If you are, you're wrong.

Stop talking to me as if you know me. You're post was ridiculous and I was pointing that out. How the Hell is the pro-bowl any indication of anything? It's a reputation fest. That's all.

You don't exactly make it a challenge to "take shots" at you. You do it to yourself.