Scott signs with Jets! ($8M/yr)

BroadwayJ667

Sources: Jets' offer needs Scott's OK

Comment Email Print Share

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Archive

On Thursday night, linebacker Bart Scott told the Ravens he wanted to test the free-agent market even though he was considering a five-year offer to stay. His step into free agency has taken him to the New York Jets. The Jets and Scott's agent, Harold Lewis, have agreed in principle to a five-year, $40 million deal, according to multiple sources, but the deal still needs Scott's endorsement.

Scott arrived at the Jets facility early Friday morning to meet with his former defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan, who is now the head coach of the team.

If he accepts the offer, Scott will leave the Ravens after seven productive years in which he's had 433 tackles and 16 sacks. His best season was in 2006 when he made the Pro Bowl and the All-Pro team. In that season, he had 103 tackles and 9

Sources: Jets' offer needs Scott's OK

Comment Email Print Share

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Archive

On Thursday night, linebacker Bart Scott told the Ravens he wanted to test the free-agent market even though he was considering a five-year offer to stay. His step into free agency has taken him to the New York Jets. The Jets and Scott's agent, Harold Lewis, have agreed in principle to a five-year, $40 million deal, according to multiple sources, but the deal still needs Scott's endorsement.

Scott arrived at the Jets facility early Friday morning to meet with his former defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan, who is now the head coach of the team.

If he accepts the offer, Scott will leave the Ravens after seven productive years in which he's had 433 tackles and 16 sacks. His best season was in 2006 when he made the Pro Bowl and the All-Pro team. In that season, he had 103 tackles and 9

sholdn't you be looking for reports about how noodle boy is progressing well in his off-season work-outs to alter his mechanics so he can really get some mustard behind those ducks this year while shaving millionths of a second of his painfully slow release?

Don't worry Chad's fine...His been throwing to his recievers all off-season getting ready to take us to the next level. Healthy O-line next year..Strong Defense...back to the playoffs.:cheers:

Jealous? It was well known you guys wanted him also, you guys weren't on his list so you guys decided to resign Crowder. First Pace now Scott....sucks I know.

Dude BP was responsible for making you overpay for Pace...i think we did just fine without him. However we'll see how Scott performs with no Ray Lewis and T.Suggs next to him

who once owned a certain LT named Long in college and will own him once again come September

Dude, that is the lamest thing I've ever read. Jake Long went to the Pro Bowl while Gholston was filling LT's crack pipe.

Who cares about what Gholston did in college, when in the pros he can't even sniff playing on special teams.

We'll see this year...i didnt see anything that justified him being the highest paid Lineback in the game leaving Arizona. The cards really missed him this year. :rolleyes:

Yep we'll see, good luck. Also Arizona defense wasn't there strong point, so I really don't see your point.