Scott signs with Jets! ($8M/yr)

BroadwayJ667

Bart Scott is making the Jets sweat it out.

Scott's agent and the Jets have agreed in principle on a five-year contract worth roughly $40 million, but Scott has called Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome to give his old/current team a chance to match, according to a league source.

Late last night, before the start of free agency, the Ravens offered about $37.5 million over five, including $24 million in the first three years - an $8 million-a-year average that would equal what the Jets are offering over the length of the deal.

It's believed that Scott still is at the Jets' facility. If he jilts the Jets, it would conjure up memories of the Antoine Winfield dusting in 2004.

Earlier today, the agent, Harold Lewis, told me he had agreed to the basic parameters of a deal with the Jets, but that he was waiting for Scott's okay - still waiting, I suppose.

Meanwhile, there's a development on the Chris Kemoeatu front. Earlier, I reported that the Steelers had dropped out of the bidding - and that's true - but I'm told that he continues to call Steeler officials, hoping to work something out. The Jets are offering a contract that averages $4.2 million-a-year, believed to be higher than the Steelers' offer, but Kemoeatu is said to be torn.

His best friend is Jets DT Sione Pouha, a former teammate at Utah. Who could've ever imagined that Pouha would emerge as a key figure in an intense showdown for a free agent?

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bart Scott is making the Jets sweat it out.

Scott's agent and the Jets have agreed in principle on a five-year contract worth roughly $40 million, but Scott has called Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome to give his old/current team a chance to match, according to a league source.

Late last night, before the start of free agency, the Ravens offered about $37.5 million over five, including $24 million in the first three years - an $8 million-a-year average that would equal what the Jets are offering over the length of the deal.

It's believed that Scott still is at the Jets' facility. If he jilts the Jets, it would conjure up memories of the Antoine Winfield dusting in 2004.

Earlier today, the agent, Harold Lewis, told me he had agreed to the basic parameters of a deal with the Jets, but that he was waiting for Scott's okay - still waiting, I suppose.

Meanwhile, there's a development on the Chris Kemoeatu front. Earlier, I reported that the Steelers had dropped out of the bidding - and that's true - but I'm told that he continues to call Steeler officials, hoping to work something out. The Jets are offering a contract that averages $4.2 million-a-year, believed to be higher than the Steelers' offer, but Kemoeatu is said to be torn.

His best friend is Jets DT Sione Pouha, a former teammate at Utah. Who could've ever imagined that Pouha would emerge as a key figure in an intense showdown for a free agent?

Hey if u guys don't get Scott you can just dust it off and call'em Ed Hartwell Pt.II on whichever teams msg board that signs him :D

The Bills are hosting free agent Laveranues Coles on Friday.

Buffalo's search for a No. 2 wideout to steer attention away from Lee Evans has been halfhearted to this point. Signing Coles would make a statement. Coles is thought to be in search of a three- to four-year deal. He's probably asking for $7-8M annually, but could come down some. In Buffalo he'd play flanker, a position he's more cut out for at this stage of his career. He's fearless going over the middle and would be a huge help to Trent Edwards. Feb. 27 - 2:00 pm et

Source: Buffalo News

What a joke...all these reporters are blurting out signings that arnt happening

Buffalo's search for a No. 2 wideout to steer attention away from Lee Evans has been halfhearted to this point. Signing Coles would make a statement. Coles is thought to be in search of a three- to four-year deal. He's probably asking for $7-8M annually, but could come down some. In Buffalo he'd play flanker, a position he's more cut out for at this stage of his career. He's fearless going over the middle and would be a huge help to Trent Edwards. Feb. 27 - 2:00 pm et

Dolphan, when are you going to realize that the main thing Coles cares about is MONEY????

If the choice is between Chad & Money, Coles will pick Money EVERY TIME. He's already done that when he went to the Skins.

That's who Coles is. He values money abover everything else.

Dolphan, when are you going to realize that the main thing Coles cares about is MONEY????

If the choice is between Chad & Money, Coles will pick Money EVERY TIME. He's already done that when he went to the Skins.

That's who Coles is. He values money abover everything else.

I know, your right. Coles is no longer a number 1 anyways but would be the ideal pickup for a weak WR core like ours.

I know, your right. Coles is no longer a number 1 anyways but would be the ideal pickup for a weak WR core like ours.

Coles would be a very good fit for the Fins. He'd upgrade their receiving group.

But money is king for him. No joke, if the Lions offered him $1 more than the Fins, he'd sign with the Lions.

You = dumbass.

Do you have any clue about Coles' history? If you did you would not have made such an asinine post.

Dude, don't respond to the dolphag trolls they already high jacked this tread the their jealousy and nonsense.

and you jump at it and report it on a rival fans message board...what a joke

Adam Schefter just said on NFL Network that its a done deal. Scott is a Jet.

This is like Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan: The Immovable Force vs. the Irresistable Object

Schefter has never been wrong. Can this be it or will his streak continue?

Ravens upped their offer to 5 years/42 mil, both teams are in a bidding war.

I wouldn't bid much higher. I'd give Ray Ray 3 yrs 24M, 17 guaranteed and get my leadership that way.

(I'd rather have Scott, but I think the difference is minimal)

Archived