Antoine Winfield part 2???

Jetsfan1015

This may or may not be old. The deal reported is 5/40. Initial was 5/37. That 5/37 was taken back to Ravens and Ravens said they can go higher. But Jets upped offer to 4/40:

New York Jets and Baltimore Ravens bidding for Bart Scott

by Dave Hutchinson/The Star-Ledger Friday February 27, 2009, 12:50 PM

Just heard from my guy in Baltimore and he tells me that Scott and his agent, Harold Lewis, have called Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome with the Jets' offer -- reportedly five-years, $37 million -- and Newsome told them that the Ravens can top that.

So hold off on buying those No. 57 Jets jerseys with the name "Scott'' on the back. It's not a done deal until it's a done deal, to quote Yogi.

I've been told that Scott is looking for an average of $8 million a year and the Jets offer obviously falls short of that. The Jets have reportedly upped the ante to five years, $40 million.

Enter the Jets' war chest. The Jets are $29 million under the league's $127 million salary cap and I have that from an impeccable source. The Ravens, I'm told, are only $19 million under the cap. Hmmm ...

My feeling is that the Jets won't let Scott leave the building and are willing to overpay for him in a big way. The Jets apparently believe that Scott is the better fit than the aging Ray Lewis, who would be the consolation prize in this showdown.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/02/jets_and_ravens_bidding_for_sc.html