JETS trade for SHEPPARD !

jales22

Eagles will send Sheppard to Jets

Posted: February 27th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Lito Sheppard, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles

New York and Philadelphia are completing a trade that will send cornerback Lito Sheppard to the Jets while the Eagles will receive a 2009 fifth-round pick and a 2010 conditional draft pick.

The pick could be as high as a second-round choice in 2010 and as a low as a fourth. But the eagles will get two picks and the Jets get Sheppard, who will be in New York Saturday for a physical.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/?campaign=ec0005

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how it's not our 4th, that's too valuable of a pick for us, considering the history we have with them.

All in all, he's a talented player, under 28 and will be an excellent #2 CB, if he stays healthy.

Read the whole post... it could cost up to a 2nd next year but AT LEAST a 4th.. on top of the 5th...

I like the trade... but Im not sure how I feel about the picks... I wanted it to be for a 4th straight up...

5th this year and possibly a 2nd next year... :puke:

I would have to imagine that they made it fairly hard to obtain the 2nd next year. If he does get a 2nd next year, that means he will probably have to play at a high level this year.

Also, I think we might overvalue these draft picks. I think most people would be willing to give up a 2nd round pick for a very solid #2 CB.

I like the trade... but Im not sure how I feel about the picks... I wanted it to be for a 4th straight up...

5th this year and possibly a 2nd next year... :puke:

That will probably be tied to number of games played. Which is really the only doubt about the guy. This is a smart deal.

That will probably be tied to number of games played. Which is really the only doubt about the guy. This is a smart deal.

It will be 2 picks regardless of how much he plays... if he gets hurt the 1st game the JETS lose the 2009 - 5th and a 2010-4th

I did read the entire post and I was merely being facetious. I personally don't feel a 5th and 4th for Shephard is that pricey, sounds like a pretty solid deal.

I guess thats ok... I just hate to see multiple picks given up...

If Revis gets hurt the first game, the season is over. Think positive, man. ;)

I love the move... just not sure about the compensation...

This VASTLY improves the D from last year... Scott/Sheppard and some CB depth... holes filled...

Lets slow down here...I was psyched for Shepard too but whats the deal w/ his contract?? Isn't it huge? Also the condition better be he is defensive player of the year and fixes the economy to give up a 4th AND a second....I figured a fourth alone would get it done...

Well it's a 5th this year and 2nd, 3rd or 4th next year, depending on how he plays.

I believe the last year of his contract was only a base #3 million. However, i'm sure they'll tear that up and give him something new.

Lets slow down here...I was psyched for Shepard too but whats the deal w/ his contract?? Isn't it huge? Also the condition better be he is defensive player of the year and fixes the economy to give up a 5th AND a second....I figured a fourth alone would get it done...

I got this info about Sheppard's current contract from Rotoworld...

11/6/2004: Signed a five-year, $25 million contract extension through 2011. The deal included an $8.7 million signing bonus. 2009: $3 million, 2010: $3.7 million, 2011: $4.25 million, 2012: Free Agent

Archived