JETS trade for SHEPPARD !

jales22

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great day indeed.... I heard a rumor the jets would want to trade for braylon edwards... not sure... but that would just be the cherry on top

That rumor came and went last night... and considering they traded Winslow I dont see it happening...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Source: Jets trade for Sheppard

February 27, 2009

Nothing is official yet, but the Jets appear to have completed trade for Eagles CB Lito Sheppard, according to a league source.

The Jets will give up a fifth-round pick in the upcoming draft and a condition pick in 2010. The conditional pick can range from a second to a fourth-rounder, depending on playing time.

The Jets intend to start Sheppard, who has three years, $11 million remaining on his contract.

They also appear close to signing CB Corey Ivy, as we reported earlier.

I like the trade... but Im not sure how I feel about the picks... I wanted it to be for a 4th straight up...

5th this year and possibly a 2nd next year... :puke:

lets hope the jets have to extend sheppard before the draft to trigger the condition ;)

Ok, so on defense the only real glaring hole should be filled tomorrow when we sign Leonhard...

On to the offense, where we need to do something about RG or RT, get another TE somewhere and sort out a #1 WR.

moore is all but resigned according to Mr. T.

Ok, so on defense the only real glaring hole should be filled tomorrow when we sign Leonhard...

On to the offense, where we need to do something about RG or RT, get another TE somewhere and sort out a #1 WR.

Brandon Moore is resigned, or will be officially soon, according to Tannenbaum.

We need a WR and a blocking TE.

We already had that.....now we have to search around for those again

Chris Baker is not worth $3 million a year to be the second string Tight End. I'd rather pay a rookie below $1 million or a veteran FA $1-1.5 million to come in here and BLOCK and be a redzone target while Keller stretches the field in the slot and off the L.O.S.

Chris Baker is not worth $3 million a year to be the second string Tight End. I'd rather pay a rookie below $1 million or a veteran FA $1-1.5 million to come in here and BLOCK and be a redzone target while Keller stretches the field in the slot and off the L.O.S.

No way I wanted Chris baker on the team.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So far this season

Revis

Sheppard

Lowery

Ivy

Coleman

Corey Ivy is a Nickelback (if and when he signs), he will play over Dwight Lowery. Lowery will move down to the 4th spot and learn, maybe even a switch over to S after all is in the books for him, depending on how Rex Ryan views him.

agree,,a blocking TE draftee can be found,,or a jourenyman vet blocking TE will always be available on June 1 vet cut day

Eagles will send Sheppard to Jets

Posted: February 27th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Lito Sheppard, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles

New York and Philadelphia are completing a trade that will send cornerback Lito Sheppard to the Jets while the Eagles will receive a 2009 fifth-round pick and a 2010 conditional draft pick.

]

Thanks for the post Jales. Great news

IMO a back up NT is more important than getting another safety...the difference between Elam and Leonhardt is not nearly as big as the difference between Kris Jenkins week 1 vs. Kris Jenkins week 17 imo...

Co-signed.

Very true. I would not at all be surprised if we grabbed Ron Brace in the 2nd round. He is not a 2nd round prospect, but considering the fact that there are a number of teams switching to the 34 and the lack of true NT's, he could be taken a round early.

Honestly, with him and Raji lined up next to each other, I don't know how anyone ever ran on BC. Especially with Herzlich lined up behind them.

Archived