22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a stupid son of a bitch.

I think most rookie head coaches would kill to step onto a team that has a bona-fide franchise QB that hasn't even hit his prime. Not this moron...the first thing he does is completely alienate him by trying to trade him for a system scrub with half his talent or production.

he's the Tracy McGracy/Grant Hill of QB's

he won't be ****

So you think he'll incur recurring injuries that will prevent him from reaching his full potential?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday

Here we go.

From the Denver Post

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler. According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25. Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel. McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and announced through a team spokesman last week that Cutler would not be traded. Period. And the statement added McDaniels and Cutler would meet this week, after Cutler returns from Nashville.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday.

Would #17 get it done?

It would take more than that. It would likely take at least two number ones and probably other conditional picks. Of course I would still do it at that price, but I doubt Denver trades him.

Yeah, also throw in the McDaniels/Belichick relationship. Not sure he'd want to trade Cutler to the Jets, of all places.

I have to say this was a smart move, you have to establish who is in control early on as a rookie HC with no resume

if you give in to cutlers crying, there will be a line outside of your office door that stretches down the hall around the corner of whiny bitches

I disagree. I think he screwed up royally. A smart leader knows he can treat different players differently. Parcells was a master of this. He had his favorites, and those whose balls he mercilessly busted - but everyone knew where he was coming from. He pushed everyone's buttons just right.

Cutler needed a little TLC. You give that to your young QB, even if you don't entirely mean it. He could've been honest and said, "yeah, I wanted to bring in a QB I'm more familiar with - but failing that I'm excited to go to war with you." Wouldn't take much. This hardlne BS doesn't work with high-priced pampered athletes. Cutler's gonna start in the NFL, and he's going to be paid. He probably has a longer career ahead of him as a starting QB than McDaniels has as a head coach. Especially if this is McDaniels' people skills on display. He's going to alienate his entire team with crap like this.

I disagree. I think he screwed up royally. A smart leader knows he can treat different players differently. Parcells was a master of this. He had his favorites, and those whose balls he mercilessly busted - but everyone knew where he was coming from. He pushed everyone's buttons just right.

Cutler needed a little TLC. You give that to your young QB, even if you don't entirely mean it. He could've been honest and said, "yeah, I wanted to bring in a QB I'm more familiar with - but failing that I'm excited to go to war with you." Wouldn't take much. This hardlne BS doesn't work with high-priced pampered athletes. Cutler's gonna start in the NFL, and he's going to be paid. He probably has a longer career ahead of him as a starting QB than McDaniels has as a head coach. Especially if this is McDaniels' people skills on display. He's going to alienate his entire team with crap like this.

Bingo.

Well said.

It would take more than that. It would likely take at least two number ones and probably other conditional picks. Of course I would still do it at that price, but I doubt Denver trades him.

Then give more.

Start with #17, work from there. The MAX it will take is 2 #1s and I'd do it.

Yeah, also throw in the McDaniels/Belichick relationship. Not sure he'd want to trade Cutler to the Jets, of all places.

I would say that relationship has already gone sour with Beli screwing Mcdaniels by sending cassel to another team for less then denver offered.

McDaniels isn't the GM. He's a 32 year-old first time HC.

After alienating the franchise QB the Broncos have been waiting for since Elway retired, I don't think he gets to overrule the GM/owner as to where Cutler gets traded. "My old boss hates that team" is not a reason to take less from someone else in trade. We would just have to give them the best offer (since their divisional rivals won't be in the mix). We don't even play Denver this year.

McDaniels could actually have worse management skills than Mangini. Unreal. Then again, it remains to be seen if he's going to put Culter in the rookie dorms.

McDaniels could actually have worse management skills than Mangini. Unreal. Then again, it remains to be seen if he's going to put Culter in the rookie dorms.

It's not possible.... Once you get below the line of "suck" it doesn't matter how far below you are, because you still suck.

McDaniels is a moron. First, to even want Cassel over Cutler is absurd. Then to take this long to talk with Cutler and to do it on a conference call vs face to face is terrible. And finally, I agree Cutler is a bit of a baby, but a little diplomacy with a young franchise QB in this situation is in order vs the apparent hard line approach. Like it or not, McDaniels is stuck with Cutler for at least a year now that his precious Matt Cassel is in KC. Great way to get started. :rolleyes:

IMO - If for some weird reason (which I believe he won't go anywhere) the Broncos and Cutler can't work this out the Jets MUST do their part and make a move here. Cutler with that defense and the offensive weapons in place already can mean not just win now, but can be dynasty potential status period.

Just needed to get that off my chest...I feel better.

Not with Brett Ratliff on this team.

Excellent point. :D

But I would LOVE for the Jets to get Cutler. Unfortunately, no matter how much McDaniels is screwing up the situation, he is not going to give up a young, franchise QB without getting another. The Cassel opportunity came and went. The only way they trade Cutler now is for another top QB, and I doubt if they think the same of Ratliff that I do. ;)

The Broncos were willing to trade him for the QB their coach preferred. They'd need a QB in return for any sort of deal. Would they be willing to accept Clemens or Ratliff and the #17 pick? How much sweeter should the Jets make the offer?

I suspect there are teams out there with better (more proven) QB's to dangle. I also suspect Denver's phone is ringing off the hook. Maybe they really do want to move him. Who knows?

I just doubt the Jets have the ammo to get it done.

WHy are we still discussing this, Cutler is going nowhere.:rolleyes:

I don't know about that. Mcdaniels has really handled this bad. And Cutler, not the most stable horse in the stable, will probably be miserable all year. But you are right to question why we are still discussing this. If they make a trade, it will be with another team that has a proven QB to swap. Maybe the Eagles with McNabb and other to compensate for the age difference. But it will not be the Jets.

Archived