Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's it? for a young, legitimate franchise qb? i'd give up the whole fu*king draft if i had to. we'd be set for the next 10 years.

This is why Denver's willing to listen. Never know when you're gonna run into another Mike Ditka.

This is why Denver's willing to listen. Never know when you're gonna run into another Mike Ditka.

i was making a point.....but honestly. even if we gave up alot..(like a 1st and a 3rd). our defense at this point is pretty set. all we'd need is a wr and some depth at some positions.

I would give Denver the 17th overall for Cutler in a heartbeat, especially since we're close to signing Leonhard (meaning every Defensive position would be filled) and we can go Wide Receiver in Round 2 and work on building depth on the OLine, DLine and LB's via Rounds 3-7. Of course if we sign Robert Royal TE is set as well.

Originally Posted by NFL Network

Source: Spurned Cutler wants to be traded

February 28, 2009 7:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Denver Broncos may have seriously damaged their relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler.

A source close to the situation confirmed the Broncos were trying to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots by dangling Cutler, their Pro Bowl quarterback.

The trade talk infuriated Cutler, who now wants to leave the Broncos.

The source said the proposed trade was a three-way deal that would have sent Cassel to Denver to reunite with former Patriots offensive coordinator and new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels, Cutler to Tampa Bay and compensation from Tampa Bay to New England.

Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel were traded Saturday to Denver's AFC West rival Kansas City for a second-round pick.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Broncos pursued the trade because McDaniels wanted to be reunited with Cassel, who excelled under McDaniels last season as an injury replacement for Tom Brady.

In the aftermath of the trade Saturday, Cutler asked permission to find his own trade partner but was denied by the Broncos, according to the source. Cutler is still hopeful he will be traded because he feels betrayed by McDaniel, the source said.

The source said Denver is no longer interested in dealing Cutler, who made the Pro Bowl in 2008, his second full season as a starter. The source said Tampa Bay, Detroit and Chicago could be possible destinations if Cutler gets his way and is traded. The source pointed out that until Cutler heard about the trade talks Saturday, he was completely happy playing for McDaniels and being in Denver.

It may be difficult for Denver to trade Cutler now because there are no other quality quarterbacks available. It would be silly to trade him to the Lions for the No. 1 overall pick and try to draft Georgia's Matthew Stafford or USC's Mark Sanchez. Neither of those players is a known commodity, while Cutler has blossomed into one of the NFL's better quarterbacks.

Denver has to regain Cutler's trust immediately or this could turn into one of the NFL's uglier situations.

The source said that while Denver hopes to smooth the situation over, Cutler probably will seek to depart Denver as a restricted free agent in two years. Cutler signed a six-year deal with the Broncos after he was drafted with the No. 11 overall pick in 2006.

The source said Cutler was hurt by the news that McDaniels wanted to start his Denver tenure with Cassel and not him.

"The relationship has been tarnished," the source said. "I think it's beyond repair."

Cutler expressed displeasure when Denver fired coach Mike Shanahan in December. However, he has been publicly supportive of McDaniels and had several good meetings with the coach in the weeks since McDaniels took over. The source said Cutler was confused by the trade talk.

"It's like a knife to Jay's heart," the source said. "It will be hard for him to get past this."

McDaniels will be able to get past this issue, but it may take some time. The Broncos sold McDaniels' hiring as a chance for Cutler to flourish. Seven weeks later, the pairing has taken a sudden and potentially disastrous turn.

They're still not going to deal him, they'll sit him down with McDaniels and the new GM, they'll smooth things over and all will be well again. Maybe they'll even give him a big fat extension to help smooth things over. Really, QBs as good as Cutler don't get dealt.

:rl: McDaniels, you dumbass!!. He must have missed a cup of Patriots koolaid somewhere along the line.

i give josh 3 years and kaput

Mumbles tree aint too solid

mangini it took him a day to piss off rogers

Josh about a month to piss off star qb lol

- Cutler Thinks He's Still on the Trading Block --

Sat Feb 28, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The Denver Post reports Broncos QB Jay Cutler believes the team is still trying to trade him even after a proposed deal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay and Patriots QB Matt Cassel to Denver never materialized. "My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said this afternoon. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity." The deal had Tampa Bay trying to acquire Cutler in exchange for a first-round draft pick. In turn, the Broncos would have traded the first-round draft pick to New England in exchange for QB Matt Cassel.

HC Josh McDaniels was the Patriots' offensive coordinator last season when he helped guide Cassel, a career-long backup, to an 11-5 record and 89.4 passer rating that ranked 10th in the league. It may be important to note, Tampa Bay initiated the deal. And they weren't the only team that inquired about acquiring Cutler. "He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on," McDaniels said. "We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more."

And then McDaniels made a point of emphasis: "We don't want to trade Jay. We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team." Cassel was instead traded Saturday to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the No. 34 overall pick in the upcoming draft.

Nevertheless, Cutler was shaken his team entertained moving him, and doesn't believe such a possibility is dead. "I'm upset. I mean I'm really shocked at this point," he said. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block." Cutler has three years left on the six-year contract he signed prior to his rookie season.

He said Broncos officials denied they were trying to trade him in a conversation with his agent Bus Cook. Cutler added that after the proposed deal spread through the Internet, the team cut off communication with Cook. If Cutler is not traded, and he stays with the Broncos, can his situation be mended? Cutler took a long pause before answering. "Anything can be mended," he said. "I'll always play with the guys we've got. I love playing for those guys. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway, I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got I'll go out there and play. I love those guys."

this is unreal , and people complain about Tanny?

hell i hope Mr T is on the phone doing what he does best right now.

this is unreal , and people complain about Tanny?

hell i hope Mr T is on the phone doing what he does best right now.

Maybe they can send us Cutler and their #1 for Brett Ratliff. :bag:

i give josh 3 years and kaput

Mumbles tree aint too solid

mangini it took him a day to piss off rogers

Josh about a month to piss off star qb lol

It just goes to show truly how great a coach Belichick is. Once all of these supposed geniuses leave they fall flat on their faces.

They're still not going to deal him, they'll sit him down with McDaniels and the new GM, they'll smooth things over and all will be well again. Maybe they'll even give him a big fat extension to help smooth things over. Really, QBs as good as Cutler don't get dealt.

Yes they do. When they are 39 years old. :rolleyes:

Archived