***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

Why do I feel like I'm talking to a wall here?

Is there anybody out there with half a brain that can develop an intelligent thought?

Where did I say Cassel is better than Cutler?

You need a hug?

I'd love to get Culter but I really doubt it's going to happen and now I don't see why Denver would trade Cutler to anyone because there's no other back up QB they'd want to replace him. It would be dumb as hell to trade away a good NFL QB just so you can draft an unproven college QB.

Anyway you guys get back to your debate it's quite fun to read.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McDaniels wanted Cassel. Makes me question the judgement of Denver's new head coach, but that's all there was to it. The Jets don't have a Cassel to trade. If the Lions want to pony up the #1 pick in the draft for him, that would probably be a wise move for them. Cutler's certainly more proven than anyone in the draft, and cheaper, too. Jets don't have the #1 to throw around, either.

This whole story is weird, though. I don't know why Belichick wouldn't let Cassel go to Denver - especially if it brings him better compensation. Is he really afraid of Cassel? Or did he and Josh experience the same sort of breakup that he and Mangini had - but I missed it?

I don't get the whole thing. Cassel is Scott Mitchell incarnate as far as I can see.

Lost in the back-and-forth here is the point that McDaniels screwed up royally.

Live (Mad) Mike is taking some heat here, but he's correct in saying that McDaniels thinks more highly of Cassell than Cutler. Yes, McDaniels is an idiot for thinking that, but he does believe that.

Cutler still has 2 years left on his deal while Cassel would have to be signed to a big-time deal.

In McDaniel's mind: Cassel >>> Cutler. But we all think he's an idiot and he just put himself on the hot seat before he coached his first NFL game.

You need a hug?

I'd love to get Culter but I really doubt it's going to happen and now I don't see why Denver would trade Cutler to anyone because there's no other back up QB they'd want to replace him. It would be dumb as hell to trade away a good NFL QB just so you can draft an unproven college QB.

Anyway you guys get back to your debate it's quite fun to read.

Swing a 3-way trade with the Eagles.

McNabb to Denver

Cutler to Jets

17th overall + another pick to Eagles.

Mike Florio's continuing to stir Cutler's pot, with one interesting tidbit for those hoping it lands Cutler here:

CUTLER WAS “GONE”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 1, 2009, 7:26 a.m.

Though we don’t have many details at this point, a source with knowledge of the events that nearly culminated in the trade of quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers or the Lions or somewhere else tells us that Cutler was “gone.”

And so a delicate situation becomes even more tricky for the Broncos going forward, especially if they can’t find a trade partner.

Regardless of what happens, Bill Williamson of ESPN.com makes a great case for the reality that new coach Josh McDaniels instantly is on the hot seat in Denver.

If Cutler stays and Cutler stinks, folks will point to this incident as the root cause for it. If Cutler goes and the next quarterback isn’t any good, McDaniels will take the fall.

On one hand, we respect McDaniels for being willing to take the risk of swinging for the fence and striking out.

On the other hand, all that really matters is that he struck out.

Meanwhile, this one could continue to get interesting, especially since one of the guys at the center of last year’s Brett Favre soap opera — agent Bus Cook — represents Cutler. Cook already is popping off, and we figure he’ll keep on yapping.

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. :P

Lost in the back-and-forth here is the point that McDaniels screwed up royally.

Live (Mad) Mike is taking some heat here, but he's correct in saying that McDaniels thinks more highly of Cassell than Cutler. Yes, McDaniels is an idiot for thinking that, but he does believe that.

Cutler still has 2 years left on his deal while Cassel would have to be signed to a big-time deal.

In McDaniel's mind: Cassel >>> Cutler. But we all think he's an idiot and he just put himself on the hot seat before he coached his first NFL game.

Yep, since they were butt-buddies in NE, it's obviously clouding his judegment.

Personally I don't think he's even head coaching material in the first place.

We all know of the rotten fruit the Belichick tree bears.

ROTO:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter confirmed that Jay Cutler will not be on the trading block whatsoever moving forward.

This seems obvious enough, but it's good to hear it confirmed. It seems clear that Josh McDaniels preferred Matt Cassel to Cutler, but it's not like there are other "franchise quarterbacks" available. Far greater coach/player conflicts have blown over, and this one will too in time. It's March.

ROTO:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter confirmed that Jay Cutler will not be on the trading block whatsoever moving forward.

This seems obvious enough, but it's good to hear it confirmed. It seems clear that Josh McDaniels preferred Matt Cassel to Cutler, but it's not like there are other "franchise quarterbacks" available. Far greater coach/player conflicts have blown over, and this one will too in time. It's March.

When afo sez it is over for Cutler in Den...it is ovah

TB, Det and Jets will make serious bids!!!!!!!!

ROTO:

Which makes sense...

Cutler will be traded IMO

Denver's Cutler sticking to his guns

March 1, 2009 10:03 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Jay Cutler is not interested in chatting with the Denver Broncos right now. And the division between the team and their quarterback has spread even further.

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports Cutler will not sit down with Denver coach Josh McDaniels and the Broncos brass.

Cutler told Mortensen his biggest problem is the Broncos denying they discussed a trade involving Matt Cassel.

Cutler is staying away from the team even though he was previously planning to return to Denver this week and study the new playbook with McDaniels.

This is definitely a developing situation. Denver will do one of two things to solve this gigantic problem: It will either trade Cutler or mend the situation.

The fact the team has reached out to Cutler indicates the team is trying to mend fences. Cutler would rather be traded. This could take time but Denver has to keep trying to fix the problem.

After reading Cutler's words, the team's next step may be to level with him. Cutler is clearly looking for the truth and he doesn't believe what he is hearing it from the team

How stupid does McDaniels have to be? Trading Cutler for Cassel is dumb in itself, but trying to do it and having it backfire is terrible.

Slightly a slap in the face to your franchise QB.

Cutler has a HUGE head and this is a blow to his ego.

How stupid does McDaniels have to be? Trading Cutler for Cassel is dumb in itself, but trying to do it and having it backfire is terrible.

Joshie may be first coach fired before he coaches 1 game.. lol

the mess he caused is unbelievable....Cutler can make every throw and run

to boot and Cassel can throw a smoker and run.

It is personal and trade is only option

Archived