***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

I like ECURB's idea of a 2010 conditional pick on top of the 17th overall.

But it's highly doubtful that the Bucs or Queens are giving up 2 1st rounders for Cutler. It's been a long time since a team traded 2 1st rounders for a veteran player. It happened often in the first part of the decade, but I think it's been at least 6 years since it's happened.

how old is Cutler? 25? you have at least 10 years of a franchise QB

Do it now

we could be SB worthy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IDK, he definitely **** the bed during the last 3 games of the year.

Obviously the fact that his D is absolutely terrible doesnt help the guy, but its like we always say, you judge a QB based of W's or L's.

I always prefered to judge a QB by the quality of the offense he runs, considering he doesn't play on the defensive side of the ball.

If they love him then I'm fine with giving up multiple picks for the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't that interested. He seems a little nutty to me.

He is INSANE... lol...

But I like it... he has "it" he wants to win BADLY...

I want a QB who KNOWS he is good... not a QB like Clemens who gladly tkaes the back seat to old and beat up QBs year after year....

IJ, remember that Eli was (and still is to this day) wildly inconsistent. If you put together a good team around them, that inconsistency isn't as glaring as when an inconsistent QB is asked to carry the entire team on his back.

I'm not saying Cutler couot develop into an elite QB. He's young and has been very impressive thus far in his career.

I just don't rate him up there with the likes of Big Ben, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer etc. like some people do.

I'm not saying Cutler couot develop into an elite QB. He's young and has been very impressive thus far in his career.

I just don't rate him up there with the likes of Big Ben, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer etc. like some people do.

Cutler is an Elite talent... he needs a good team to be an "elite" QB on paper...

IMO - If for some weird reason (which I believe he won't go anywhere) the Broncos and Cutler can't work this out the Jets MUST do their part and make a move here. Cutler with that defense and the offensive weapons in place already can mean not just win now, but can be dynasty potential status period.

Just needed to get that off my chest...I feel better.

I'm on board, but please name the offensive WEAPONS that'll catch the ball from him.

(please do not say Cotchery, that's a nice complimentary receiver, nothing more. Keller can potentially be one if he's capable of playing TE. If he moves out to WR, he'll be a good one, but not a WEAPON)

I'm on board, but please name the offensive WEAPONS that'll catch the ball from him.

(please do not say Cotchery, that's a nice complimentary receiver, nothing more. Keller can potentially be one if he's capable of playing TE. If he moves out to WR, he'll be a good one, but not a WEAPON)

It will be a HUGE step down from Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and Tony Scheffler. That's for damn sure. I would be very worried if we signed him and all we had as weapons were Cotch/Keller.

Hakeem Nicks with either the 2nd round pick... OR trading up slightly to get him.

We don't really have much right now. But, that doesn't mean you don't get a QB when you can and then build around him.

We don't really have much right now. But, that doesn't mean you don't get a QB when you can and then build around him.

I agree, but the original author said we had offensive weapons for Cutler to throw to. I was wondering if I missed the signings since I'm at spring training now :)

LOL @ this "Cotchery is complimentary WR" crap. Unless you're an elite WR in this league, Cotchery's not a compliment.

Then theres Keller...

It's a complete and utter myth that our reciever cupboard is bare. It could just use another high end young talent, which is what 99% of teams can say at most times.

LOL @ this "Cotchery is complimentary WR" crap. Unless you're an elite WR in this league, Cotchery's not a compliment.

Then theres Keller...

It's a complete and utter myth that our reciever cupboard is bare. It could just use another high end young talent, which is what 99% of teams can say at most times.

Did you watch Cotchery get invisible as soon as Coles went out in 2007? Did you see Cotchery go invisible in games this past year? I saw both. Cotchery is a #2, at best.

Our WR core is, if not the worst in the league, pretty close. Is there 1 person there that scares you so much that you'll drop 2 safeties deep? I didn't think so.. be prepared for 8 in the box....

Then theres Keller...

I like Cotch and all, but how many teams boast a lesser talented #1 WR?

I would too. He's a proven big time NFL QB. I can't see Denver doing it however. Anybody know Denvers backup off hand ?

I think they just signed Chris Simms. If they ever got rid of Cutler they would probably go after Jeff Garcia.

Jaguars

Steelers

Ravens

Dolphins

Eagles

Should I keep going? I definitely could...Seahawks...49ers...Rams...Oakland...

Jags: Matt Jones => Cotchery

Steelers: Santonio Holmes or Hines Ward >= Cotchery

Ravens: Mason >= Cotchery

Eagles: Jackson = Cotchery at worst. Curtis also = Cotchery

Dolphins: You're right

Seahawks: Houshmanzdah >>>>>>>> Cotchery

49ers: You're right

Rams: Holt until he's cut > Cotchery

Oakland: You're right

You're not really proving your point here.

Matt Jones => Cotchery

Santonio Holmes or Hines Ward >= Cotchery

Mason >= Cotchery

Jackson = Cotchery at worst. Curtis also = Cotchery

So 1.5 out of 5, not bad!

Matt Jones??? Are you ****ing kidding me???

Ward or Holmes are not better than Cotch... no way...

Nobody on the Eagles is as good as Cotch... McNabb would agree...

Matt Jones => Cotchery

Santonio Holmes or Hines Ward >= Cotchery

Mason >= Cotchery

Jackson = Cotchery at worst. Curtis also = Cotchery

So 1.5 out of 5, not bad!

Jones? Lol.

Holmes - Not yet.

Hines Ward - Maybe a few years ago.

Mason < Cotchery

Jackson < Cotchery, though he did have a nice rookie season.

This doesn't even take into account that Cotchery's only 26, has 3 years experience, already has a 1,000 yard season, and is more likely to improve than fall off...

If this p!sses him off, imagine what would happen if he was here and dealing with the New York Media.

Can anyone say Ryan Leaf

UMe0Rz1frdE

The kid has a great arm but he has alot of growing up to do before he becomes a "Franchise QB"

But the media didn't piss him off in this case? Being lied to by his new HC and GM did...

Jones? Lol.

Holmes - Not yet.

Hines Ward - Maybe a few years ago.

Mason < Cotchery

Jackson < Cotchery, though he did have a nice rookie season.

This doesn't even take into account that Cotchery's only 26, has 3 years experience, already has a 1,000 yard season, and is more likely to improve than fall off...

Yes, Jones. Cotchery is not that good boys. Santonio Holmes runs laps around Cotchery. Hines Ward is a better cotchery. Mason is the only option on the ravens and gets open all the time! Cotchery, when he's the only option, goes invisible.

Cotchery has is going onto year 6. You've seen the best you're going to see.

Yes, Jones. Cotchery is not that good boys. Santonio Holmes runs laps around Cotchery. Hines Ward is a better cotchery. Mason is the only option on the ravens and gets open all the time! Cotchery, when he's the only option, goes invisible.

Cotchery has is going onto year 6. You've seen the best you're going to see.

Matt Jones not only sucks... (11.7 YPC this past season & 700 yards) but he is a bad apple too...

Guys - Saying Jericho Cotchery is better than Derrick Mason or Santonio Holmes is absolutely laughable to say the least.

I underrated Mason, but Holmes is still mostly potential...though I do agree I'd probably take him over Cotchery.

Still doesn't mean much on how I view Cotchery. A good WR is a good WR, and his problem right now is that he's the only one on our team proven to be one.

Archived