***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

Guys - Saying Jericho Cotchery is better than Derrick Mason or Santonio Holmes is absolutely laughable to say the least.

It is not crazy...

2008 - 961 - 6 TDs (Favre at QB #2 behind Coles)

2007 - 1,130 - 2 TD's (Chad and Clemens at QB... terrible year for the whole team...#2 and some times #1)

2006 - 858 - 5 TD's (Chad Pennington as QB, and he was #2 WR behind Chad's buddy Coles)

2005 - Not used by Herm

2004 - Rookie

Notice how the one year Coles missed some time (2007) Cotch jumped up over 1000 yards...

He is a damn good WR who has had nobody consistently throwing him the ball well... all while being #2 for 80% of the time...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love Jay Cutler, but there is ZERO percent chance of him being traded. You do not trade away Young Proven Franchise Quarterbacks. There is no price we can offer them that would make it remotely worth the gamble.

Where have you been? They already tried to trade him once...

Only for another young Franchise Quarterback. I'd like to know who on the Jets is comparable to Matt Cassel.

Right... your point?

They will trade Cutler for what they feel is the right value... you dont think they can get a franchise QB with 2 #1 picks? Or maybe patch the other 59 holes in that team?

Right... your point?

They will trade Cutler for what they feel is the right value... you dont think they can get a franchise QB with 2 #1 picks? Or maybe patch the other 59 holes in that team?

The odds of drafting a quarterback about as good as Jay Cutler with a draft pick, even a 1st round draft pick, is less then 25%.

Statistically speaking, trading Jay Cutler for 2 first round picks would be a terrible deal as the odds are unlikely that you could even replace him with that, nevermind upgrade to make it worthwhile. Then again, most player for high draft pick trades are terrible deals when you look at it that way.

It is not crazy...

2008 - 961 - 6 TDs (Favre at QB #2 behind Coles)

2007 - 1,130 - 2 TD's (Chad and Clemens at QB... terrible year for the whole team...#2 and some times #1)

2006 - 858 - 5 TD's (Chad Pennington as QB, and he was #2 WR behind Chad's buddy Coles)

2005 - Not used by Herm

2004 - Rookie

Notice how the one year Coles missed some time (2007) Cotch jumped up over 1000 yards...

He is a damn good WR who has had nobody consistently throwing him the ball well... all while being #2 for 80% of the time...

According to Espn.com, Cotchery was 71-858 with 5 TD in 2008.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5633

cutler is 17-20 as a starter

cutler has won 0 playoff games

cutler guided the donkeys to a collapse even worse than the jets' last season

I am not a fan

the only reason to want this guy is his fastball, because pennington made you feel less than a man while he was here and you need to make ammends

say no to cutler

I am not a fan

the only reason to want this guy is his fastball, because pennington made you feel less than a man while he was here and you need to make ammends

say no to cutler

denver had worst D in NFL

Broncos O at top of charts in all categories

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday

boo ****ing hoo you bug *****

act like a man, it's a business

please god don't make culter a jet

he's a combination of cush from jerry mcguire and ryan leaf

I disagree. I think he screwed up royally. A smart leader knows he can treat different players differently. Parcells was a master of this. He had his favorites, and those whose balls he mercilessly busted - but everyone knew where he was coming from. He pushed everyone's buttons just right.

Cutler needed a little TLC. You give that to your young QB, even if you don't entirely mean it. He could've been honest and said, "yeah, I wanted to bring in a QB I'm more familiar with - but failing that I'm excited to go to war with you." Wouldn't take much. This hardlne BS doesn't work with high-priced pampered athletes. Cutler's gonna start in the NFL, and he's going to be paid. He probably has a longer career ahead of him as a starting QB than McDaniels has as a head coach. Especially if this is McDaniels' people skills on display. He's going to alienate his entire team with crap like this.

fair points

but tuna would also never let a guy "shoot his way out of town", remember when bobby houston tried that ?

you are under contract, shut up and play

cutler refused to meet with mcdaniels when this all broke, he's a primma-donna bitch.

I think he needs to be taught the NFL is a business, not coddled like a teenage girl going through her first break-up

I am not a fan

say no to cutler

I think I'd be more then happy with Jay Cutler when we have a coach like Rex Ryan and his defense. Nobody really questioned Shanahan's ability to put together an offense. The problem was with that team that he knew ****all as a GM about assembling a defense. Not that I see this happening at all cause at least with the Cassel thing, even tho I thought it was stupid for the Broncos they would have got back a QB they viewed as a franchise type guy that knew the offense. I would happly give up this year and next years first to make this happen but like I said it won't, as ****ty as they've handled this you can't just give up a top end starting QB without having somesort of back up plan at the position.

denver had worst D in NFL

Broncos O at top of charts in all categories

look at his game splits down the stretch. can't blame that on the defense. he has lots of yards because of lots of attempts. you can blame that on the defense, playing from behind a lot, but this guy is just missing something between the ears.

link

his TD/INT ratio is getting worse every year. can't blame that on the defense

9/5

20/14

25/18

his YPA is 7.34

penny's is 7.67

bottom line, he's 25 and still a crybaby, and this is all much ado about nothing because the donkeys aint trading him

I think I'd be more then happy with Jay Cutler when we have a coach like Rex Ryan and his defense. Nobody really questioned Shanahan's ability to put together an offense. The problem was with that team that he knew ****all as a GM about assembling a defense. Not that I see this happening at all cause at least with the Cassel thing, even tho I thought it was stupid for the Broncos they would have got back a QB they viewed as a franchise type guy that knew the offense. I would happly give up this year and next years first to make this happen but like I said it won't, as ****ty as they've handled this you can't just give up a top end starting QB without having somesort of back up plan at the position.

I agree, this is all just spining our wheels but....

the guy you want with a "win with defense and a running game" approach is david garrard type, low turnovers. cutler is a younger version of favre, but without the leadership and passion and "it" quality

It will be a HUGE step down from Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and Tony Scheffler. That's for damn sure. I would be very worried if we signed him and all we had as weapons were Cotch/Keller.

We're missing Brandon Marshall, but we have the better #2 and better TE. I'll take Cotchery & Keller over Royal & Scheffler anyday.

I agree, this is all just spining our wheels but....

the guy you want with a "win with defense and a running game" approach is david garrard type, low turnovers. cutler is a younger version of favre, but without the leadership and passion and "it" quality

It would help is GArrard was available.. lol and even he still has 25 INTs in the last 3 years... + 7 lost fumbles...

Wait. You'd rather have Cotchery than Royal? Are you crazy?

Yes... he is 5 foot nothing... 175lbs wet and only played so well becuase he had Marshall as a threat next to him... Cotch put up his #'s with the big threat Coles and Brad Smith running next to him...

Yes... he is 5 foot nothing... 175lbs wet and only played so well becuase he had Marshall as a threat next to him... Cotch put up his #'s with the big threat Coles and Brad Smith running next to him...

This is laughable. You clearly didn't watch much of Royal last season. Even when Marshall was suspened (Especially when he was suspended) Royal was tearing it up. He's an outstanding WR and if you'd be crazy to take Cotchery over him.

This is laughable. You clearly didn't watch much of Royal last season. Even when Marshall was suspened (Especially when he was suspended) Royal was tearing it up. He's an outstanding WR and if you'd be crazy to take Cotchery over him.

Why? Because he burned DeAngelo Hall Week 1? Awesome. He had a good season, but I'd still rather Cotchery than Royal. Who knows what Royal could do if he weren't opposite Brandon Marshall (and not going up against Oakland).

It would help is GArrard was available.. lol and even he still has 25 INTs in the last 3 years... + 7 lost fumbles...

cutler has 37 int's in 37 games, and 5 lost fumbles

I said garrard "type"

pat bowlen is on record cutler is not available either

Jags: Matt Jones => Cotchery

Steelers: Santonio Holmes or Hines Ward >= Cotchery

Ravens: Mason >= Cotchery

Eagles: Jackson = Cotchery at worst. Curtis also = Cotchery

Dolphins: You're right

Seahawks: Houshmanzdah >>>>>>>> Cotchery

49ers: You're right

Rams: Holt until he's cut > Cotchery

Oakland: You're right

You're not really proving your point here.

Other than Matt Jones, I agree.

So explain to me how he got 9-146 in the opening game of the season if Marshall was the only reason he was good (Marshall didn't play).

especially considering he got arrested this week !

probably a long suspension

total loser

Yep. I see this guy out in Jax Beach all the time, way F'ed up.

Actually some hoochie I know slept with the creep and said they were doing blow all night. This was way before his first arrest.

42 turnovers in 37 games and a 17-20 record with no playoff wins and the leadership ability of ryan leaf

He also has a knack for falling apart when the pressure is on. When the Broncos lost their last 3 games last season he threw 2 TDs and 4 INTs in losses to Carolina, Buffalo* and San Diego.

I don't get the love some people have for this guy.

*That game was in Denver and he tossed a goal line INT to seal the game for the Bills.

Jags: Matt Jones => Cotchery

Steelers: Santonio Holmes or Hines Ward >= Cotchery

Ravens: Mason >= Cotchery

Eagles: Jackson = Cotchery at worst. Curtis also = Cotchery

Dolphins: You're right

Seahawks: Houshmanzdah >>>>>>>> Cotchery

49ers: You're right

Rams: Holt until he's cut > Cotchery

Oakland: You're right

You're not really proving your point here.

Matt Jones is no good. If he happens to catch the ball he does nothing after he grabs it. For all his size he doesnt score. Basically he is a more athletic Joe Jurevicius, who is now available. Mason is right around Cotchs level. He used to be better now Id give a slight no to Cotch simply due to age.

Still Cotch as a 1 is not the most appealing thing in the world. I would probably rate him at best number 20 among number 1 WRs. Its a desperate need for the team this year.

He also has a knack for falling apart when the pressure is on. When the Broncos lost their last 3 games last season he threw 2 TDs and 4 INTs in losses to Carolina, Buffalo* and San Diego.

I don't get the love some people have for this guy.

*That game was in Denver and he tossed a goal line INT to seal the game for the Bills.

I can't argue with anything in your post. Cutler DOES have his problems but he's still young. I'm not dopey enough to think he'll play for the Jets this year.

I also think the Broncos would take that. BUT, that's too much value IMO.

That trade right there is the equivelent of draft pick compensation for signing another a Franchise Tagged QB from another team.

If Cutler was an UFA with a franchise tag, that's what the Jets would have to give up to sign him. But teams usually try to work out a trade to give up less. So, why should the Jets be willing to give up the maximum off the bat?

Because you are getting a player on the cheap in this case. This isnt having to pay 14 million to Matt Cassel. You get Jay Cutler for 2 years at basically no cost. In year three you renegotiate him into a long term deal. I think that is why this is a position where you have to give up a kings ransom to get this player, especially if you think you are a playoff team in 2009.

Archived