***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

I trust the FO but even still, with Rex at the helm, I wonder whether they would even look into this. I sure hope they will do it, if Denver will listen.

This is a very strange situation here, I cannot see Denver doing this unless they can get a proven QB back. But, if things continue to deteriorate like this then what good is it to have a starting QB that is pissed at you? Only team I can think of that could give them back a starting ready QB is Cleveland (DA or Quinn), maybe Tenn (Young, but I doubt it)...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I trust the FO but even still, with Rex at the helm, I wonder whether they would even look into this. I sure hope they will do it, if Denver will listen.

This is a very strange situation here, I cannot see Denver doing this unless they can get a proven QB back. But, if things continue to deteriorate like this then what good is it to have a starting QB that is pissed at you? Only team I can think of that could give them back a starting ready QB is Cleveland (DA or Quinn), maybe Tenn (Young, but I doubt it)...

Young sucks there's no chance in hell they do that trade and Quinn hasn't proved anything yet. I could see maybe DA he had a good year in 2007. I don't think that we have a shot even giving up our first and one of our QBs.

Young sucks there's no chance in hell they do that trade and Quinn hasn't proved anything yet. I could see maybe DA he had a good year in 2007. I don't think that we have a shot even giving up our first and one of our QBs.

So would you say that the only chance of him leaving Denver is to Cleveland for DA? I mean, I wonder what they would do if they can't pull that off... can't have an unhappy franchise QB lying around. Do you let him play and fall apart or what?

Any chance this is all just about the cashola? Wants a bigger contract?

Speaking of which, how could we even afford him? Could we?

Mangini took 3 years before he pissed everyone off and we kicked him out the door. Looks like McDaniels is already a couple of years ahead of schedule.

It's the Belichick coaching tree!

It doesn't sound like they want an established QB at all. It sounds like they want a puppet for their junior high head coach. Looking at Cassel when you have Cutler does not indicate a desire for a proven QB. They are probably looking for a system guy and don't think Cutler will bend over for the system. Seems like they are probably right.

Wow this got ugly fast.

Denver completely screwed up PR-wise, and Cutler needs to stop crying.

Cutler has to understand teams get calls all the time for star players. Sometimes teams entertain them, somtimes they don't. Where I feel Denver screwed up is they seemed to be ready to pull the trigger, and got caught with their pants down. If you're ready to deal your star QB, you better be sure it's rock solid.

While his ego may be bruised, get out there and do what your well-paid to do.

So would you say that the only chance of him leaving Denver is to Cleveland for DA? I mean, I wonder what they would do if they can't pull that off... can't have an unhappy franchise QB lying around. Do you let him play and fall apart or what?

Any chance this is all just about the cashola? Wants a bigger contract?

Speaking of which, how could we even afford him? Could we?

I have no idea if we can afford him that's Sperms department.

I don't think this is about cash, to me it seems it's about pride.

I'm sure there are other places he can go I was just agreeing with Cleveland making sense.

I'm guessing that Cutler doesn't want to fix the problem so he might sit out a while to prove a point if they don't trade him.

i don't get it why do you guy want a big baby on the Jets.

fine he's talented, but what has he won. in college, perrenial loser, in denver, never had a winning record.

and geez he has talent around him, so why do you want him?

Denver was atrocious defensively in the time he has been there. Hard to win anything with a bad D.

Yeah, i am starting to lead more toward cutler being in the right here. This is a business and every player is always expendable in the name of making the team better, but when you have a franchise qb, he needs to know he is your guy. Trust is a two way street, and if the qb knows he doesn't have the coaches 100%, how can he trust the coach. Mcdaniels really screwed this one up good. If this were about money, you would have heard about it before the cassel fiasco.

Yeah, but at what point to do you say, "fine you wanted to trade me didn't work out, so lets get to playing". I'm torn on this one. The def. fed up, but come on and play the game.

cutlers cap hit is only 2,713,000

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09054/dencap278.png

That's his cap hit for Denver. We don't care about that. The low base is nice, but according to rotoworld he only had a $1.7M bonus, so I'm not sure where that $1.678M is coming from (it should have been pro-rated). His deal is packed with incentives. It has a low base, but he gets roster bonuses, only $100K in '09, but $4M in '10 and $12M in '11. He also gets a $2M bonus for being top 5 in any major passing category and would get a $4M bonus if he takes 70% of the teams snaps in '09 (LTBE?). Wherever he goes he'll probably re-do his deal.

Broncos fans are freaking out. Some blame Cutler more; most blame McDaniels more. But all of them think the whole thing sucks. The only thing the team had going for them was their offense.

Nick Ferraro is a huge Broncos fan. That was his reaction when this move went down originally. The offense wasn't broken.

Now they are breaking it only to have to refix it and then still rebuild the defense. All with a 32 year old head coach.

Um. yeah.

Its embarrasing to watch these two children fight like this. You'd think at least one of them would be mature enough to back down and move on, especially McDaniels, but I hope it continues to get worse.

The Jets need to make this happen though. I'd give up two 1st rounders for him without much hesitation and that's most likely the minimum it'll take for us to get him. We're giving them mediocre picks and no QB in return so I don't see us as the #1 choice if Denver starts considering trade offers.

Its embarrasing to watch these two children fight like this. You'd think at least one of them would be mature enough to back down and move on, especially McDaniels, but I hope it continues to get worse.

The Jets need to make this happen though. I'd give up two 1st rounders for him without much hesitation and that's most likely the minimum it'll take for us to get him. We're giving them mediocre picks and no QB in return so I don't see us as the #1 choice if Denver starts considering trade offers.

You know what I would give the broncos for Cutler??? A middle finger and sprinkle in alittle bad luck. We need to draft a WR, a DE, A LB and a CB.

Stay focused!

P.S. Ratliff in 09 bitchezzzz.

i don't get it why do you guy want a big baby on the Jets.

fine he's talented, but what has he won. in college, perrenial loser, in denver, never had a winning record.

and geez he has talent around him, so why do you want him?

Plus he doesn't fit our offensive plans and what we're trying to do. I said the same thing about Favre when the rumours started flying last summer. It's NOT a good fit.

Plus he doesn't fit our offensive plans and what we're trying to do. I said the same thing about Favre when the rumours started flying last summer. It's NOT a good fit.

Jay Cutler fits ANY offensive plan you can think of. Our plan is to run the ball and then go over the top. Who in the NFL has a better arm than Cutler?

Look, if the Jets want Cutler they need to act QUICKLY and NOT TRY to get him on the cheap. You not only offer the Broncos a nice package, you ALSO offer Cutler a contract extension. You want Cutler to say to the Broncos, "I want to be traded to the NYJ.... do THAT" and put pressure on them. A contract extension gets that done.

You offer #17 and you offer a late rounder this year AND a conditional 2010 that can become a #1. You work off that. If they say make it #17+next years #1 guaranteed you LAUGH and take it.

i am def not against brett but this is a good opportunity to get a legit young qb

100% I'm a Ratliff supporter, why?, because i like his measurables, his arm, his very brief 40 + attempt performance in preseason and most of all:

HE'S A JET WHOSE DONE NOTHING WRONG!!!!!!

BUT

Give me Cutler, get him now!! Our first, Clemens, and next years second. Get on the f^%king phone now!!!

You know what I would give the broncos for Cutler??? A middle finger and sprinkle in alittle bad luck. We need to draft a WR, a DE, A LB and a CB.

Stay focused!

P.S. Ratliff in 09 bitchezzzz.

I love your style VTF, but, we have to grab Cutler. But we won't....so Ditto

RATLIFF 2009!

Bah, he's a little too ****y, arrogant and nonchalant for me. He should just get over himself and get on the field.

Yes, I know, big cannon..blah blah blah

Hard to do when your new coach cannot get over himself and has proven squat...

He wanted to just get on the field... they tried to dump him... I would tell them to GFY too...

Hard to do when your new coach cannot get over himself and has proven squat...

He wanted to just get on the field... they tried to dump him... I would tell them to GFY too...

Both sides are telling 2 very different stories. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I hate his guts, but if he was a Jet, I'd pout with a smile on my face.

Both sides are telling 2 very different stories. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I hate his guts, but if he was a Jet, I'd pout with a smile on my face.

I love that he yells at Rivers on the field... lol... QB rivalry... you cannot make that up... I hope he Hates Brady...

who else would trade for him or could afford to trade for him? i think the lions draft picks are out of the question because of their value, the browns could get a deal done but who else would be on the list of teams interested? i could never imagine cutler in purple so dont say that lmao

To everyone looking to bundle a huge package of draft picks for Cutler, I suggest you reread the article:

"Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."

There's a lot of BS here on both sides, but I take that point at face value. McDaniels wanted to trade for his guy. He wanted a QB he likes better than Cutler. He's not going to make a trade now unless it's for a QB he likes almost as much as Cutler. Somehow, I doubt the Jets have one of those.

Denver's taking a hard line with Cutler, and you can bet they're taking a hard line in trade talks, too. If Cutler doesn't get traded, he will play for the Broncos this year. They don't have to listen to offers that don't interest them.

Wow this got ugly fast.

Denver completely screwed up PR-wise, and Cutler needs to stop crying.

Cutler has to understand teams get calls all the time for star players. Sometimes teams entertain them, somtimes they don't. Where I feel Denver screwed up is they seemed to be ready to pull the trigger, and got caught with their pants down. If you're ready to deal your star QB, you better be sure it's rock solid.

While his ego may be bruised, get out there and do what your well-paid to do.

I don't see this as crying over a bruised ego. If I'm Jay Cutler and the new coach tries to trade me for Matt Cassel, I want out not because my feelings are hurt but because the coach is obviously completely stupid.

Archived