***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

Bah, he's a little too ****y, arrogant and nonchalant for me. He should just get over himself and get on the field.

Yes, I know, big cannon..blah blah blah

Is there anyone in the NFL with a better arm? Seriously.

McDaniels liked Cassel and he even admitted he tried to trade for him. How would you feel if you were the organizations franchise QB and they tried to trade for someone else? If I was Cutler, I would want out too. Yes, I know the NFL is a business...but I'll take Cutler over Cassel ANY DAY.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see this as crying over a bruised ego. If I'm Jay Cutler and the new coach tries to trade me for Matt Cassel, I want out not because my feelings are hurt but because the coach is obviously completely stupid.

winner winner chicken dinner

i will not be shocked in Bowlen fires the arseclown and brings back shanny

I don't see this as crying over a bruised ego. If I'm Jay Cutler and the new coach tries to trade me for Matt Cassel, I want out not because my feelings are hurt but because the coach is obviously completely stupid.

Trying to trade him for Cassel was not bright.

Screwing it up and ending up with neither will be his death.

I would think twice about wanting a whiney self-centered dooshie as your QB. Sure - he has a great arm and a boat-load of potential - but it has gone unrealized so far and with the garbage you have at Wide Out I don't see that changing in a Jets uniform.

Wait a minute! Whiney, self-centered dooshie......maybe it's a fit afterall! ;)

I would think twice about wanting a whiney self-centered dooshie as your QB. Sure - he has a great arm and a boat-load of potential - but it has gone unrealized so far and with the garbage you have at Wide Out I don't see that changing in a Jets uniform.

Wait a minute! Whiney, self-centered dooshie......maybe it's a fit afterall! ;)

Why? The Pats have one and they do just fine!

If you were Denver's GM, would you trade Cutler to us for anything that we possess (including draft picks).....honestly? If you say yes, then who would play QB for you next year in Denver? If you decide to trade him, any package the Jets have falls well behind any other team's package that includes a replacement QB or a premium first rounder.

He's going to Cleveland

We all get to watch Mangini with a true #1 QB

Yippee

LOL.

Like QB was Mangini's big problem. Mangini is an unimaginative, stubborn unqualified HC. It doesn't matter what QB he has, ultimately he will fail.

you know Shanny is laughing right now

76170596.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1930B795A2A51A4A7FCA65C7C4F3E1A31AE284831B75F48EF45

Yep.

Bowlen is in a tough spot. He's forced to take McDaniels' side because it was Bowlen who hired him. McDaniels looks like an idiot (because he is) and, thus, Bowlen looks like an idiot as well.

Belichick is an a-hole, of course, but the guy is a football genius and one of the best coaches ever in the history of the NFL. It's apparent that his assistants think that just by parrotting him they'll be successful, but that has proved to be wrong.

It's like being a teammate of Michael Jordan and believing that so long as you train just like Jordan and mimick his moves on the court you'll be just as good as him.

"We're only going to score 17 points? Really?"

:rl:

You call that whining? Are you retahded?

Brady had a bag of donuts to throw to after the Branch fisaco. I'm sure he wasn't happy about it - but I do not recall him publically bitching and moaning and throwing a complete hissy fit over it. Cutler would - I'm sure of it. Look at what he is doing now. He's an immature little punk who got his wittle feelings hurt - whhaaaaaa.....and now he wants to gather his toys and leave the sandbox for good. Whaaa, whhaaa, whaaaa. What would he be doing if he were a "regular" guy in this economy? Whhaa!! What do you mean profits are way down and I won't be getting a raise? Whaaaa!!! What? You mean no bonuses this year? Whaaa!!!!! Wait- I'm getting laid off? Whaaa!!! Nope, I'm quitting! Whaaa!!!!

I have zero respect for the man now.

Brady had a bag of donuts to throw to after the Branch fisaco. I'm sure he wasn't happy about it - but I do not recall him publically bitching and moaning and throwing a complete hissy fit over it. Cutler would - I'm sure of it. Look at what he is doing now. He's an immature little punk who got his wittle feelings hurt - whhaaaaaa.....and now he wants to gather his toys and leave the sandbox for good. Whaaa, whhaaa, whaaaa. What would he be doing if he were a "regular" guy in this economy? Whhaa!! What do you mean profits are down and I won't be getting a raise? Whaaaa!!! What? You mean no bonuses this year? Whaaa!!!!! Wait- I'm getting laid off? Whaaa!!! Nope, I'm quitting! Whaaa!!!!

Like you did before:bwahaharoll:

NFL is not real world....hello

economy has no effect on their salaries

Joshie F'd up, he should have completed deal or not lied about it. wanting

casell ove cutler is F'n insane

Brady had a bag of donuts to throw to after the Branch fisaco. I'm sure he wasn't happy about it - but I do not recall him publically bitching and moaning and throwing a complete hissy fit over it. Cutler would - I'm sure of it. Look at what he is doing now. He's an immature little punk who got his wittle feelings hurt - whhaaaaaa.....and now he wants to gather his toys and leave the sandbox for good. Whaaa, whhaaa, whaaaa. What would he be doing if he were a "regular" guy in this economy? Whhaa!! What do you mean profits are way down and I won't be getting a raise? Whaaaa!!! What? You mean no bonuses this year? Whaaa!!!!! Wait- I'm getting laid off? Whaaa!!! Nope, I'm quitting! Whaaa!!!!

He is not a regular guy, he is more talented and gifted.

We can get hypothetical all day long... what if you did better in school Garb... what if you were mroe athletic... a better speaker... a better person... came from a better family...

What if...

Fact is... Cutler in his 2nd year did fantastic and made the probowl on a ****ty team... he was the lone bright spot... that team turned their back on his coach... and then him... you would whine in the same situation...

We don't know if Ratliff is going to be good. Why take a chance when you can get a true young franchise QB?

You're right Babe, we dont know if Ratliff is going to be good. You know how Denver found out how Cutler was good? Because they put him on the field and they played him. Dallas did it with Romo, NE did it with Cassel and Brady etc, etc. My vision is this, if we give up this years 1st rounder and next years 1st then how in the world are we going to address our WR situation, not to mention other positions? We'll have Cutler but have no one to throw the ball to. We just released Coles and its not like we have depth at the WR position in the first place (my key point).

Also, Cutler will be coming with a huge price tag. We'll have Ratliff for atleast a year before we have to up his salary (if he is infact good) but it'll still be lower than any salary given to Cutler because Cutler is a probowler. If we had our WR's straight then I would say go for it, but we're in a situation where we'll have to give up filling key positions that is utilized by the QB position to get a QB that wont have anyone to throw two except for Cotch and Keller. Its too much. We have a young team and we can make Ratliff better simply by filling these holes and saving the money and giving a guy who already knows the system a shot.

Trust me, I know that Cutler is the **** but when will the Jets begin to develop their own QB's and not sell their soul to borrowing other QB's to sell tickets and still be in the same situation?

****, Id rather have Clemens in there right now than to go after Cutler....and thats saying ALOT!

Check this out:

QB: Ratliff

Jets Offensive Line"

WR's: Cotch, Stuckey, Clowney, (Percey Harvin, Darrius Heyward Bey or Hakeem Nicks)

TE: Dustin Keller

RB's TJ and LW

Now match that with our Defense and Ratliff is in a situation to win some games here.

Cutler will only take away MASSIVELY from our overall offensive potential. Bottomline...he's good but no Peyton Manning and It wouldnt be a great idea for our new coach to throw away his 1st rounders for his first two years. Not very smart (my second key point)

He's an immature little punk who got his wittle feelings hurt - whhaaaaaa.....and now he wants to gather his toys and leave the sandbox for good. Whaaa, whhaaa, whaaaa. What would he be doing if he were a "regular" guy in this economy? Whhaa!! What do you mean profits are way down and I won't be getting a raise? Whaaaa!!! What? You mean no bonuses this year? Whaaa!!!!! Wait- I'm getting laid off? Whaaa!!! Nope, I'm quitting! Whaaa!!!!

Both sides could've played it better, but it's McDaniels who flunked this one big time, IMHO. When you're got a prima donna player who's worth it, you gotta kiss his ass a little bit. Would've been pretty painless for McD to meet him face to face, explain why he wanted "his guy," but that he's excited to coach Cutler and beat Cassel twice a year instead.

But he had to go into some, "no one's untradable," preprepared speech that just makes Cutler feel less appreciated than he did before? Josh F'd this one up royally.

Both sides could've played it better, but it's McDaniels who flunked this one big time, IMHO. When you're got a prima donna player who's worth it, you gotta kiss his ass a little bit. Would've been pretty painless for McD to meet him face to face, explain why he wanted "his guy," but that he's excited to coach Cutler and beat Cassel twice a year instead.

But he had to go into some, "no one's untradable," preprepared speech that just makes Cutler feel less appreciated than he did before? Josh F'd this one up royally.

BB Coaches keep shooting themselves in the foot with this "no job is safe" crap...

He is not a regular guy, he is more talented and gifted.

We can get hypothetical all day long... what if you did better in school Garb... what if you were mroe athletic... a better speaker... a better person... came from a better family...

What if...

Fact is... Cutler in his 2nd year did fantastic and made the probowl on a ****ty team... he was the lone bright spot... that team turned their back on his coach... and then him... you would whine in the same situation...

****ty defensive team...get it straight. Cutler will pout like a jilted prom date with the recievers the Jets have.

Your arguments just show how naive and generation Y you are. Sh*t happens. Obviously Bowens wanted Shanny out really badly if he was willing to eat Shaney's substantial remaining salary. McDaniels tried to bring in his guy who knows his system. McDaniels is too wet behind the ears to understand to keep that crap as quiet as possible - especially when you are new and people are trying to sabotage your success.

Newsflash: Football is a business. Stuff like this, although difficult to do, should not be taken that personal. Cutler could learn a thing or two from Mike Vrable.

Agreed. You could have easily explained the scenario and made Cutler feel good or possibly better about the situation. He decided not to take the approach.

I dont understand why these rookie HC's come into situation and not earn their stripes. You obviously have to bee tough and decisive but there is a certain amount of respect you should be trying to gain with your players.

McDaniels is not going to last long as a HC.

****ty defensive team...get it straight. Cutler will pout like a jilted prom date with the recievers the Jets have.

Your arguments just show how naive and generation Y you are. Sh*t happens. Obviously Bowens wanted Shanny out really badly if he was willing to eat Shaney's substantial remaining salary. McDaniels tried to bring in his guy who knows his system. McDaniels is too wet behind the ears to understand to keep that crap as quiet as possible - especially when you are new and people are trying to sabotage your success.

Newsflash: Football is a business. Stuff like this, although difficult to do, should not be taken that personal. Cutler could learn a thing or two from Mike Vrable.

what choice did Vrable have...he was traded? u think he is happy????

Lions bypassing Stafford for Cutler?

Aaron Curry could probably be a tremendous middle linebacker and I'm sure the Detroit Lions are going to let everyone know that as the draft approaches, but I'm more and more convinced that the Lions are going to draft a left tackle. It's going to be Baylor's Jason Smith or Virginia's Eugene Monroe and the selection between those two will most likely be based on the contract negotiations leading up to the draft. There are several reasons why I think it's going to be a left tackle: I just don't believe the Lions are sold on Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford. Yeah, he's probably going to have an awesome pro day workout on Thursday but I'm not sure that's going answer some of the inconsistency questions that keep popping up on his college tape. The Lions know they need to upgrade the quarterback position and that's why I think they're going to be in the ear of the Broncos for a possible trade with Jay Cutler.

You're right Babe, we dont know if Ratliff is going to be good. You know how Denver found out how Cutler was good? Because they put him on the field and they played him. Dallas did it with Romo, NE did it with Cassel and Brady etc, etc. My vision is this, if we give up this years 1st rounder and next years 1st then how in the world are we going to address our WR situation, not to mention other positions? We'll have Cutler but have no one to throw the ball to. We just released Coles and its not like we have depth at the WR position in the first place (my key point).

Also, Cutler will be coming with a huge price tag. We'll have Ratliff for atleast a year before we have to up his salary (if he is infact good) but it'll still be lower than any salary given to Cutler because Cutler is a probowler. If we had our WR's straight then I would say go for it, but we're in a situation where we'll have to give up filling key positions that is utilized by the QB position to get a QB that wont have anyone to throw two except for Cotch and Keller. Its too much. We have a young team and we can make Ratliff better simply by filling these holes and saving the money and giving a guy who already knows the system a shot.

Trust me, I know that Cutler is the **** but when will the Jets begin to develop their own QB's and not sell their soul to borrowing other QB's to sell tickets and still be in the same situation?

****, Id rather have Clemens in there right now than to go after Cutler....and thats saying ALOT!

Check this out:

QB: Ratliff

Jets Offensive Line"

WR's: Cotch, Stuckey, Clowney, (Percey Harvin, Darrius Heyward Bey or Hakeem Nicks)

TE: Dustin Keller

RB's TJ and LW

Now match that with our Defense and Ratliff is in a situation to win some games here.

Cutler will only take away MASSIVELY from our overall offensive potential. Bottomline...he's good but no Peyton Manning and It wouldnt be a great idea for our new coach to throw away his 1st rounders for his first two years. Not very smart (my second key point)

Lions bypassing Stafford for Cutler?

Aaron Curry could probably be a tremendous middle linebacker and I'm sure the Detroit Lions are going to let everyone know that as the draft approaches, but I'm more and more convinced that the Lions are going to draft a left tackle. It's going to be Baylor's Jason Smith or Virginia's Eugene Monroe and the selection between those two will most likely be based on the contract negotiations leading up to the draft. There are several reasons why I think it's going to be a left tackle: I just don't believe the Lions are sold on Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford. Yeah, he's probably going to have an awesome pro day workout on Thursday but I'm not sure that's going answer some of the inconsistency questions that keep popping up on his college tape. The Lions know they need to upgrade the quarterback position and that's why I think they're going to be in the ear of the Broncos for a possible trade with Jay Cutler.

OK, deal:

#17 + next year's #1 + Player from NYJ to Detroit.

#1 overall from Detroit to Denver

Cutler from Denver to NYJ

what choice did Vrable have...he was traded? u think he is happy????

I doubt he's happy - but I do not see him bad mouthing anyone, saying anything negative or acting like a spoiled brat.

Yo, Jay, when something you don't like happens:

Hate it, learn it, deal with it, move on.

Worse case, you play with a chip on your shoulder, KILL it on the field, get out of dodge when your chance comes and make a huge payday.

I doubt he's happy - but I do not see him bad mouthing anyone, saying anything negative or acting like a spoiled brat. Hate it, learn it, deal with it, move on.

If it leaked out that Mumbles was trying to trade Cindy and keep Cassel

you don't think Cindylou would be upset!!!!

Face it Joshie F'd up...thought u rooted for jersey..not sure why you give

a crap about him...you complained the whole time he was there

OK, deal:

I got a better deal.

We give Denver and Detroit the middle finger :gay: then we take over thanksgiving from detroit while Cutler watches what Ratliff can do with an offense and a defense while he cries tears of blood on his agents shoulder wondering why he couldnt fix a deal to be the QB after the "Favrah".

OK, deal:

The last thing Denver wants is 1. Any interest they would have in dealing with Detroit would be for a package including 20 and 33.

I doubt he's happy - but I do not see him bad mouthing anyone, saying anything negative or acting like a spoiled brat.

Worse case, you play with a chip on your shoulder, KILL it on the field, get out of dodge when your chance comes and make a huge payday.

Very true. It's a business, at least he's handling it like a professional. He can be as pissed as he wants, but unless he wants to quite, he'll deal with it. And as a professional he is doing just that.

Why not get out now if he can? He is not acting like a spoiled brat, he is acting like a rising superstar in the NFL where careers dont last very long.

You seem to think he should have the same mentality as the person who was grateful to get the $0.25 raise for bagging groceries last week.

Cutler has earned the right to be comfortable with his job this year... he earned that last year... it is bad enough his owner blew up the team from the inside out staff wise...

Archived