Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say that Mcdaniels has a good amount of power considering you haven't heard anything from the gm or the owner.

The owner, Bowlen, the other night (maybe last night) came out and said Cutler "might not be a Bronco anymore" and that it was sad to see.

I can't believe how many posts there are in response to post of a copy of a post from another message board that quotes a "rumor" from "ESPN" with no link.

Must be a done deal :rolleyes:

Mentioned on ESPN Radio, nothing since then though.

If we were to get Cutler, it would be hard to argue that acquiring Favre didn't help. It certainly can't hurt that we're the team that swung the trade for Cook's one other client last year, right?

Oh sure, further, had we all experienced Chadwickian goodness in 2008 instead of Miami fans, we wouldn't even be in the market for Cutler..

I would say that Mcdaniels has a good amount of power considering you haven't heard anything from the gm or the owner.

The owner, Bowlen, the other night (maybe last night) came out and said Cutler "might not be a Bronco anymore" and that it was sad to see.

That.

:shutit: NO F-ING WAY, THREE FIRST DAY PICKS FOR CUTLER ( NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME )PLEASE.:shutit::shutit::shutit::shutit::shutit:

Yeah, we could miss out on the next Vernon Gholston and Mike Nugent and all we'd have is a stupid "franchise QB" to show for it.

9 years ago

7 years ago

22 ****ing years ago

I love those types of argument that 13 made. It's as if the exception is the rule.

Because out of 43 SBs, 3 or 4 mediocre QBs win it all it automatically means that any team can win the SB with a mediocre QB.

9 years ago

7 years ago

22 ****ing years ago

Forget that. It's 3 out of how many?

Sorry, but I'll go with the graph that says that good QBs win super bowls, not the statistical anomally where the occassional bad one, who's still playing at a pretty high level, with an amazing defense

Sorry, but I'll go with the graph that says that good QBs win super bowls, not the statistical anomally where the occassional bad one, who's still playing at a pretty high level, with an amazing defense

Generally (with few exceptions), a SB championship team has the following 3 things:

1. A defense ranked in the top 10 in both points & yards allowed

2. An offense that scores 23 ppg or more

3. A qb who puts up a pro bowl caliber season in the year the team wins the title.

names change, not much more..What was the common denominator? DEFENSE !!!

In the past 17 years, here are your Super Bowl winning QBs:

Troy Aikman

Troy Aikman

Steve Young

Troy Aikman

Brett Favre

John Elway

John Elway

Kurt Warner

Trent Dilfer

Tom Brady

Brad Johnson

Tom Brady

Tom Brady

Ben Roethlisberger

Peyton Manning

Eli Manning

Ben Roethlisberger

So, yeah, ****ty QBs win Super Bowls ALL THE TIME. Like twice in almost two decades.

my point is I don't think we should give away all those picks to sign a guy we could have had a few years back for a single pick...and I am not a fan of signing dis-gruntled players from other teams for any amount of picks...its my opinion, if you don't agree fine, if you don't like it, tough

:shutit: NO F-ING WAY, THREE FIRST DAY PICKS FOR CUTLER ( NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME )PLEASE.:shutit::shutit::shutit::shutit::shutit:

I'd love for them to take one of our QB's instead of one of those picks. Maybe send Ratliff and a certified letter of approval from JetNation.

I'd love the Cards rumor, but I can't believe we'd get him for #17 and Leon. I'd miss Washington a lot, but that would be an absolute steal. And Leinart would die of exposure in Denver. :lol:

In the past 17 years, here are your Super Bowl winning QBs:

Troy Aikman

Troy Aikman

Steve Young

Troy Aikman

Brett Favre

John Elway

John Elway

Kurt Warner

Trent Dilfer

Tom Brady

Brad Johnson

Tom Brady

Tom Brady

Ben Roethlisberger

Peyton Manning

Eli Manning

Ben Roethlisberger

So, yeah, ****ty QBs win Super Bowls ALL THE TIME. Like twice in almost two decades.

And they had the leagues best defense that year and those defenses are in the discussion for Top 5 defenses of ALL TIME.

no thanks-color me crazy but I'd rather take my chance with either Ratliff or Clemens-it's giving up WAY too much.

OK, say we DO get Cutler, who's he gonna throw the ball to? We need at WR at 17 along with a veteran like Holt and we'll be better off

my point is I don't think we should give away all those picks to sign a guy we could have had a few years back for a single pick...and I am not a fan of signing dis-gruntled players from other teams for any amount of picks...its my opinion, if you don't agree fine, if you don't like it, tough

The team made a massive mistake, and now they have a chance to correct it.

The draft is a crap shoot. We could draft a QB in the 1st round for 10 straight years and never end up with a guy as good as Jay Cutler.

If the Jets could have shipped a few picks to Miami in the mid-80's and gotten a redo on the Marino pick, are you telling me you'd have said "No thank you. I'm happy with Jeff Lageman and Roger Vick"?

Agreed.

17th overall this year

2nd & 3rd rounders next year

STEAL for Jay Cutler. STEAL.

sshhhhhh, be quiet, what if the Broncos front office is monitoring this site as a scouting resource, lol.

But yeah, I have to say, you are correct, it would be a steal.

NO WAY TO JAY!!

Way to much...we need future draft picks to build the offense....Cutler hasn't done anything, don't know why you all get wet panties over him...Who is he gonna throw to? How do we build a recieving corp? We woudldn't have a #1 till 2011??? r u crazy?

If the Jets wanted him so badly they would have drafted him out of college and used one pick..

holy crap I just now saw this Al, I posted almost the exact same thing over on page 2

no thanks-color me crazy but I'd rather take my chance with either Ratliff or Clemens-it's giving up WAY too much.

OK, say we DO get Cutler, who's he gonna throw the ball to? We need at WR at 17 along with a veteran like Holt and we'll be better off

The chances of Ratliff or Clemens being a franchise QB are very, very slim. Guys like Jay Cutler do not grow on trees. If you can get him, you do it.

The chances of Ratliff or Clemens being a franchise QB are very, very slim. Guys like Jay Cutler do not grow on trees. If you can get him, you do it.

True. I look at it this way. Knowing what we know right now about our first pick last year, gholston, if you could go back to draft day last year and either stick with that pick or trade it and next year's first as well for cutler, would you do it? Cutler for a first rounder is a given as a straight up trade, the premium added on is whatever other pick you have to give since you know you are getting aproven starter with a ton of upside at a young age. When you factor in the chance of draft busts and what a bust costs on salary cap and missed opportunity of not getting a solid to great starter, it starts to all make sense to me.

I can't fly with this argument.

Cutler, at this point, is clearly better than Clemens/Ratliff... correct?

Well, then, the next question is, 'Who is Clemens/Ratliff going to throw the ball to?

Typically, rookie WRs are relatively inaffective, so I'd rather have a guy like Cutler throwing the ball to who we've got, take a 2nd round WR, then have Clemens/Ratliff throwing to no one and perhaps a better prospect at WR.

Also, it's easy for WRs to bust as well, we already know we'd be getting a pretty above average QB in Cutler.

True. I look at it this way. Knowing what we know right now about our first pick last year, gholston, if you could go back to draft day last year and either stick with that pick or trade it and next year's first as well for cutler, would you do it? Cutler for a first rounder is a given as a straight up trade, the premium added on is whatever other pick you have to give since you know you are getting aproven starter with a ton of upside at a young age. When you factor in the chance of draft busts and what a bust costs on salary cap and missed opportunity of not getting a solid to great starter, it starts to all make sense to me.

I know I'm in the minority, but for just the reason you state, I think draft picks are incredibly overrated sometimes.

The draft is a crap shoot. We could draft a QB in the 1st round for 10 straight years and never end up with a guy as good as Jay Cutler.

If the Jets could have shipped a few picks to Miami in the mid-80's and gotten a redo on the Marino pick, are you telling me you'd have said "No thank you. I'm happy with Jeff Lageman and Roger Vick"?

now you are reaching..the team made a mistake? If Cutler was so f'ing good McDaniels would be kissing his ass right now...instead he will trade him and go with Leinert? Please...

and as far as Marino, 20-something other teams screwed that up too..and comparing Marino to Cutler is plain stupid..

NOT worth all that.....

http://nflplayers.com/user/template.aspx?fmid=174&lmid=193&pid=496&type=p

Year G GS Comp Att Yds Comp% TD Int Sack Fumb Rating Career 2007 16 16 297 467 3497 63.6 20 14 27 4 88.1 passing 2008 16 16 384 616 4526 62.3 25 18 11 1 86.0 passing Year G GS TD Points Fumb Career 2007 16 16 1 6 11 overall 2008 16 16 2 14 5 overall Year G GS RuYd RuAvg RuTD Fumb Career 2007 16 16 205 12.8 1 7 rushing 2008 16 16 200 12.5 2 4 rushing

Though I'm inclined to agree generally, I think this is a really unproductive way of putting it. The whole reason these threads get so stupid so fast is that people form opinions way too early and then refuse to revise them as additional information becomes available for fear of having been 'wrong' in the first place.

I can't fly with this argument.

Cutler, at this point, is clearly better than Clemens/Ratliff... correct?

Well, then, the next question is, 'Who is Clemens/Ratliff going to throw the ball to?

Typically, rookie WRs are relatively inaffective, so I'd rather have a guy like Cutler throwing the ball to who we've got, take a 2nd round WR, then have Clemens/Ratliff throwing to no one and perhaps a better prospect at WR.

Also, it's easy for WRs to bust as well, we already know we'd be getting a pretty above average QB in Cutler.

Seriously. The argument is basically "I'd rather draft an unproven receiver that is unlikely to make much of an impact this season than trade for a franchise QB".

Drafting the receiver is a (poor) move that has nothing but the interest of the next season in mind. Just because we don't have a #2 receiver penciled in for 2009 does not mean we should piss away a golden opportunity at getting something this franchise hasn't had in over 30 years: a franchise QB.

Archived