• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This would be horrible.

Playing in a division with Brady and Cutler. :puke:

But don't worry, we have the great Clemens and Ratliff on our side. :rolleyes:

we'd be fighting miami for worst team in the division. the bills with owens, evans, and cutler and lynch would be a pretty formidable offense.

I would give up ANYTHING, except Leon,Cotchery and this years one,because I want one of these recievers,but even that may be dealt with by swapping picks or round 2 because this draft is so deep.

Why would Denver accept Cotchery as compensation instead of a player at an area they need something?

Just because a draft is deep at a position doesn't mean even half of them will be anything. Check out the WR-rich draft of 2001 where a dozen WR's were taken in the first 3 rounds (and 10 of them in the first 2):

#8 David Terrell

#9 Koren Robinson

#15 Rod Gardener

#19 Santana Moss

#25 Freddie Mitchell

#30 Reggie Wayne

#33 Quincy Morgan

#36 Chad Johnson

#41 Robert Ferguson

#52 Chris Chambers

#74 Steve Smith

#77 Snoop Minnis

In a draft rich at a position like WR, you don't need to jump at the position in round one. No matter how great they all seem now, in 3 years half of them will look like moronic selections.

By the way, in 2006 the QB class was considered "deep" like next year's class is supposed to be. In rounds 1-3:

#3 Vince Young

#10 Matt Leinart

#11 Jay Cutler

#49 Kellen Clemens

#64 Tavaris Jackson

#81 Charlie Whitehurst

#84 Brodie Croyle

6 of these 7 QB's haven't sniffed at what they were expected (or hoped) to become.

How about the "greatest QB class" of 1999? The first 5 were absolute sure things.

#1 Tim Couch

#2 Donovan McNabb

#3 Akili Smith

#11 Daunte Culpepper

#12 Cade McNown

#50 Shaun King

#77 Brock Huard

Draft picks are crap shoots, no matter how high the players grade out. Jay Cutler was a crap shoot on draft day 2006. He is not a crap shoot anymore.

Browns | Most intriguing landing spot for Cutler?

Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:45:38 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Cleveland Browns would be the team with the best chance to interest the Denver Broncos regarding a trade for QB Jay Cutler because they could offer a promising quarterback in return in either QB Brady Quinn or QB Derek Anderson.

we'd be fighting miami for worst team in the division. the bills with owens, evans, and cutler and lynch would be a pretty formidable offense.

But always remember a good defense beats a good offense...our team wants to win games 10-6 every sunday!! great logic there... amazing how out teams front office feels we can have virtually no offense and win games... sounds alot like the ravens...

According to KFFL Mangini's Browns are now in the mix...

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Cleveland Browns would be the team with the best chance to interest the Denver Broncos regarding a trade for QB Jay Cutler because they could offer a promising quarterback in return in either QB Brady Quinn or QB Derek Anderson.

Supposedly McDaniels wants an established QB, not a promising QB. Which is odd considering Cutler is both established and promising.

According to KFFL Mangini's Browns are now in the mix...

I was thinking about something like this earlier. A three team deal. Carolina gets Cutler, Browns get Peppers, Denver gets Quinn and picks.

look I doubt very highly that this is going to happen and when it doesn't I'll be OK with it. I wouldn't mind seeing what we have in either Clemens or Ratliff. Had Shanahan not done what he did when Cutler was a rookie and inserted him in the starting line-up then Cutler could very well be Kellen Clemens today.

That was gutsy move, perhaps THE most gutsy move I've seen a HC make this decade. Remember Denver was on their way to an almost sure playoff spot with Jake The Snake Plummer when Shanahan benched him.

But always remember a good defense beats a good offense...our team wants to win games 10-6 every sunday!! great logic there... amazing how out teams front office feels we can have virtually no offense and win games... sounds alot like the ravens...

Are you referring to the way Atlanta & Carolina & Philadelphia crushed Arizona in back-to-back-to-back playoff games this past season or the way Tampa Bay & Dallas & Green Bay crushed the Giants in back-to-back-to-back playoff games the season before?

Supposedly McDaniels wants an established QB, not a promising QB. Which is odd considering Cutler is both established and promising.

Cassell is established? Sure. In the McDaniels system! Closest thing to that system? It's creator - Charlie Weiss. Who knows the Charlie Weiss offense? Brady Quinn. Just food for thought.....

The reality is that as much as draft picks or other players, the one thing Denver (purportedly) wants in return is an established QB, and probably a young one at that. We don't have that to offer unless McDaniels has an interest in Favre at age 40.

It could happen, but the likelihood is we don't have the ammunition to get Cutler via trade unless it's a 3-way where Denver gets a QB from someone else.

Are you referring to the way Atlanta & Carolina & Philadelphia crushed Arizona in back-to-back-to-back playoff games this past season or the way Tampa Bay & Dallas & Green Bay crushed the Giants in back-to-back-to-back playoff games the season before?

Sperm, check your sarcasm meter.

Just sayin'.

The reality is that as much as draft picks or other players, the one thing Denver (purportedly) wants in return is an established QB, and probably a young one at that. We don't have that to offer unless McDaniels has an interest in Favre at age 40.

It could happen, but the likelihood is we don't have the ammunition to get Cutler via trade unless it's a 3-way where Denver gets a QB from someone else.

I highly dought Cutler will be in a Jet uniform.

We gotta try to get in on that three team deal.

We get Cutler

Browns get our #1 + mid round

Denver gets Quinn + mid round

I would think Denver wants to get more than Brady Quinn and a mid-round pick for Jay Cutler.

This proposal also assumes that Mangini would rather have our #17 pick than Jay Cutler, otherwise they could do this trade without our involvement & just grab Cutler.

Judging by the rest of the post, I believe Toon was being facetious there, Sperm.

I highly dought Cutler will be in a Jet uniform.

I do too Ghost-but as somebody said a few pages ago-at least with Tannenbaum as GM we are always in the mix for the hot shot free agents that become available-UNlike when Bradway was here and we would all be sitting at our computers already KNOWING that the Jets will NEVER SIGN ANY BEASTS!!! it just wasn't happening.

Who knows maybe Tanny will surprise us even though as Sperm says we DON'T have the ammo to land him. Take a look at the Josh Freeman YT video thread I posted-the kid already LOOKS like a pro.

The reality is that McDaniels is an idiot. He's a 32 year old know nothing 1st time HC who got the job because of his affiliation with Belichick and the fact that he had Randy Moss and Wes Welker on his offense rather than ability or accomplishment.

It's comical that a good owner like Bowlen would hand the keys to his franchise over to such a novice who has just proved he is also an imbecile.

That said, we really have not idea what McMoron would actually take for Cutler besides Cassell. Nevertheless, I agree that from a trade standpoint the Jets are at a disadvantage.

I do too Ghost-but as somebody said a few pages ago-at least with Tannenbaum as GM we are always in the mix for the hot shot free agents that become available-UNlike when Bradway was here and we would all be sitting at our computers already KNOWING that the Jets will NEVER SIGN ANY BEASTS!!! it just wasn't happening.

Who knows maybe Tanny will surprise us even though as Sperm says we DON'T have the ammo to land him. Take a look at the Josh Freeman YT video thread I posted-the kid already LOOKS like a pro.

I just saw it, he looked great.

Speaking of T anny, your right, he's always interested. I don't think teams are going to take us serious about aquiring Cutler because we don't have a QB in which they want in return. The Bills have a better chance then we do. I think it'll be better for us to go with Ratliff and see how he works out behind a great offensive line. We built defense this year, I know for a fact if we don't get Cutler, we'll build offense next year.

Except, I didn't say he had great games, or even good games.

Just that he can't do it all alone.

Nobody can. But whose fault was it this time when Carolina and San Diego just negated their offense? Coaches, Oline, Runningbacks, who? Cause it is never Jay's fault. Even when he throws dumb picks that puts his team in a bad situation. This guy has to carry just as much of the blame in the losses as everyone else durig thier epic collapse.

i may be biased as i loved him coming out of vanderbilt and wanted the jets to draft him badly.he is a top 10 pick that worked out.he,in my oppinion,is a top 5 qb in the league.made the pro bowl in his 3rd year.and deserved it.this dude has nothing but upside

alot of people think he is a whinney prima donna.i beleive it is far from the truth.he has atitude and swagger,brutally honest and above all,confidence.alot of people think he is a bitch after demanding a trade and being pissed off."its a business",alot of you say.coming off a pro bowl year and some newbie,nobody ever heard of wants to come in and replace you with some other no name chump qb,i think alot of pros would have acted the same way.this guy is gold.

i do like clemens and i think the kid can win us some games,but cutler is the real deal.considering 1st round picks are a 50/50 shot,i beleive cutlers worth to be 2 1st rounders and a second.

if the jets made that trade,it would make the curtis martin trade look like small change

Nobody can. But whose fault was it this time when Carolina and San Diego just negated their offense? Coaches, Oline, Runningbacks, who? Cause it is never Jay's fault. Even when he throws dumb picks that puts his team in a bad situation. This guy has to carry just as much of the blame in the losses as everyone else durig thier epic collapse.

I can't blame a guy when the other teams scores 52. I didn't watch the games, so I don't know everything about them, but at the end of the day, when your defense is wholly ineffective, it's hard to win.

I'm just saying I don't kill the guy for those losses just as I didn't kill Peyton Manning when he didn't win big games in large part because the D was weak.

What does Buffalo have to offer? The Broncos apparently want a proven QB (which they don't have) and other players or draft picks. The only thing Buffalo has to offer are Wide Receivers (which Denver already has) so if Buffalo is to give up their only two or three good Defensive players, good luck to them stopping anyone.

They would be... well.. another Denver Bronco organization.

All offense, no defense.

8-8.

Archived