Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to rumors on ESPN the Jets could be landing a deal as soon as tuesday that would send the rights of Brett Favre and Jets 2009 1st Round Pick and 2010 2nd and 3rd to the Broncos for Jay Cutler. I think this wouldnt be a bad deal if Favre decides to come out of retirement again he'd have Brandon Marshall,Eddie Royal,& Jabar Gaffney to throw to.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/14068711

~ ~ i don't believe it

but, i hope it's true. . . :beer:

pixel.gifpixel.gif

The Jets are "champing at the bit" to acquire Jay Cutler from the Broncos, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The New York papers haven't gone this far, but have confirmed that the Jets are tracking Cutler's situation. The Plain Dealer speculates that the Browns would be willing to give up Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn in a three-team trade. Quinn knows the Broncos' offense well from his college days.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Related: Browns, Jets

Guys, this is from the National Enquirer of football websites and that blowjob hack that runs it, Mike "I never heard a rumor I didn't believe" Florio.

Remember, this is the same guy who wrote up a bunch of nonsense about Cowher and the Jets a couple months back, all of which proved completely false. Then when he was proven wrong, never aknowledged it and immediately had the Jets hiring mini-Schott.

Jets give Clemens/Ratliff/#17 pick to the Browns

Browns give Quinn/#17 pick to the Broncos

Broncos give Cutler to the Jets

:) possible?

so the Browns would go from Qinn/Anderson at the QB spot

to

Clemens/Ratliff/Anderson.....

Why in the hell would they do that????

This is pointless. All of you Cutler superfans have your blinders on because you so badly want a hero at the QB position. Nothing Cutler has done is wrong. Nothing he will do or has done will ever be his fault. So if you can't see the problems with this guy - and they are glaring, how can you be expected to have a legitimate conversation about what his real worth is.

Lets give up our entire draft this year and next year. HE'S A FRANCHISE QB!!! HE'S A FRANCHISE QB!!! HE'S A FRANCHSIE QB!!!! (Only he's not)

There were three QBs in the entire league that threw for for 4,500 yards and 25 TDs last year.

Kurt Warner.

Drew Brees.

and...

care to guess?

Why, it's non-franchise QB Jay Cutler!

What does Buffalo have to offer? The Broncos apparently want a proven QB (which they don't have) and other players or draft picks. The only thing Buffalo has to offer are Wide Receivers (which Denver already has) so if Buffalo is to give up their only two or three good Defensive players, good luck to them stopping anyone.

They would be... well.. another Denver Bronco organization.

All offense, no defense.

8-8.

Infinitely better recievers than the Jets have. And, I think Cutler is more interested in himself and his stats than a teams defense. C'mon - Cutler doesn't strike me as a "team guy."

Cutler is not going to Buffalo. Cutler is not going to the Jets. Peppers is not going to New England. Sorry to crush everyone's dreams - or nightmare.

For what it's worth...

COOK WASN’T IN BUFFALO, SUPPOSEDLY

Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2009, 1:26 p.m.

In response to a rumor mentioned by former Bills guard Ruben Brown during an afternoon radio spot with our pal Brad Riter of WECK in Buffalo, an assistant to Bus Cook tells the Buffalo News that the agent for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler wasn’t in Western New York on Monday.

Cook supposedly was in his Hattiesburg, Mississippi office on Monday, according to Mark Gaughan of the News.

Gaughan also points out that, while the Broncos reportedly have been shopping Scheffler, the team has not given Scheffler permission to shop himself.

Of course, that fact would likely prompt someone like Cook to claim he hadn’t been in Buffalo, if in fact he had been in Buffalo.

It’s unknown whether Cook has responded to the question of whether he was in Buffalo by saying, “Not that I know of.”

There were three QBs in the entire league that threw for for 4,500 yards and 25 TDs last year.

Kurt Warner.

Drew Brees.

and...

care to guess?

Why, it's non-franchise QB Jay Cutler!

Since when do stats equate to franchise caliber talent? Steve Buerline, Elvis Grbac and Marc Brunell all had a year where they had huge stats as well. Does that make them franchise QBs too? Brees jury is still out on but I'm not calling either him or Warner franchise caliber either.

Archived