***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

FWIW I don't consider Eli any better than I did before his SB ring. His accuracy is questionable, he overthrows his WRs often, and he has limited examples of truly leading that team. The road warrior playoff march they did to get to the SB was impressive though, I'll give him that. But he won behind a great defense. Nothing spectacular about that. Hell if Asante can catch that horrid INT before the Giants scored at the end, what's the perception then? He's good. Top 10ish in the league right now. He has upside as well. I hope he fails miserably but just trying to be fair here.

The perception is completely different, and that's kinda my point. Based on one throw.

All that having been said, I would say the majority of people are a lot more impressed with Eli Manning than you, so I'd say my point still holds pretty strong, even if you personally don't like the guy.

I'd trade for him too if he became available. But players like him don't really ever (until right now).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You keep repeating the same nonsense over and over, but have yet to give a specific example of how Cutler is a locker room cancer and/or a bad leader.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

2 teammates spoke out against him and how they didn't like him. Snake and Marshall.

SI.com had a reference to how there are many players in the lockerroom that do not like Cutler. This was originally opined by the beat reporter for Vanderbuilt.

Few other players and plenty of NFL players turned analyst on TV have echoed that the kid is no good. These guys rarely turn on one of their own without merit. Granted that's more the case with regard to current players never looking to badmouth one another unless there is real animosity there. Analysts need to talk about something, but generally they will defend the player more often than not. Not the case here.

Where there is smoke there is fire as they say. Just because you ignore it doesn't make it go away.

The perception is completely different, and that's kinda my point. Based on one throw.

All that having been said, I would say the majority of people are a lot more impressed with Eli Manning than you, so I'd say my point still holds pretty strong, even if you personally don't like the guy.

I'd trade for him too if he became available. But players like him don't really ever (until right now).

I'd trade for Eli too if he were available. Just like I am open to trading for Culter. But in neither case do I hand over a blank check. SMART MOVES! Not knee jerk overreactions is all I ask. And know what you are buying and don't overpay because of fan hype and media pressure.

I'd trade for Eli too if he were available. Just like I am open to trading for Culter. But in neither case do I hand over a blank check. SMART MOVES! Not knee jerk overreactions is all I ask. And know what you are buying and don't overpay because of fan hype and media pressure.

I think at worst, he can be a top 10 QB for a long time to come.

To me, that is worth a lot, and would make a smart move.

Obviously not a blank check, but this years first + another item of high value isn't bad for a 'top 10 QB for a long time to come' IMO.

Infinitely better recievers than the Jets have. And, I think Cutler is more interested in himself and his stats than a teams defense. C'mon - Cutler doesn't strike me as a "team guy."

Cutler is not going to Buffalo. Cutler is not going to the Jets. Peppers is not going to New England. Sorry to crush everyone's dreams - or nightmare.

Most correct Miss Garb .

it wasn't 1 throw

he started taking care of the football after the pats* game, and wouldn't you know it, they started winning

cutler has 42 turovers in 37 games

why is he available ? ;)

he is so insulted that denver considered trading him, that he wants to be traded

read that twice

he's a mental midget who would have NO CHANCE in NY

cimini would eat him alive, especially if we trade 3 picks for him

it wasn't 1 throw

he started taking care of the football after the pats* game, and wouldn't you know it, they started winning

cutler has 42 turovers in 37 games

why is he available ? ;)

he is so insulted that denver considered trading him, that he wants to be traded

read that twice

he's a mental midget who would have NO CHANCE in NY

cimini would eat him alive, especially if we trade 3 picks for him

John Elway threw 52 interceptions in his first three seasons (42 games). I didn't even look up fumbles.

Peyton Manning threw 43 interceptions in his first 32 games.

Cutler is a young QB. Young QBs make mistakes. However, very rarely do young QBs throw for 4,500 ****ing yards and 25 GD touchdowns.

John Elway threw 52 interceptions in his first three seasons (42 games). I didn't even look up fumbles.

Peyton Manning threw 43 interceptions in his first 32 games.

Cutler is a young QB. Young QBs make mistakes. However, very rarely do young QBs throw for 4,500 ****ing yards and 25 GD touchdowns.

Forget it. People are comparing Cutler to other QB's in their primes. most young QB's throw INT's particularly when they are relied on to be the man because of a ****ty defense and MIA running game. I don't know why people struggle with this..

If you want to get on CUtler because you don't think he has the mental makeup to be succesfull in the big city, fine, that has some merit. But to question his productivity is absurd

it wasn't 1 throw

why is he available ? ;)

That is one of the prevailing opinions out there, that he is too sensitive and should swallow his pride because its just business. That is true for what it's worth but I think Cutler's position makes just as much sense.

Imagine if you found out your boss had someone come in for an interview to take your position, but ultimately the guy decided not to go for the job. Would you really want to stay somewhere where you were "half" welcome?

Or imagine if you find out your girlfriend was considering dating another guy but couldn't convince him to go out with her, would you really want to stay with her?

If you answered "no" to those questions, how can you blame Cutler for his reactions?

That is one of the prevailing opinions out there, that he is too sensitive and should swallow his pride because its just business. That is true for what it's worth but I think Cutler's position makes just as much sense.

Imagine if you found out your boss had someone come in for an interview to take your position, but ultimately the guy decided not to go for the job. Would you really want to stay somewhere where you were "half" welcome?

Or imagine if you find out your girlfriend was considering dating another guy but couldn't convince him to go out with her, would you really want to stay with her?

If you answered "no" to those questions, how can you blame Cutler for his reactions?

Actually it seems that Cutler WAS willing to stay where he was half-welcome. McDaniels didn't even make him feel half-welcome at their last meeting. And it was only after that last meeting that Cutler had his agent request a trade. A trade that McDaniels almost had the Broncos make a couple of weeks ago and said at the recent meeting they may still do.

What kind of a way is that to make your franchise QB comfortable with the team, to tell him he was almost traded & still might be?

we should all thank joshie for being an arrogant idiot!!!!

may send him a xmas card if we get cutler

I was thinking that if we could give our first for peppers. If they would be willing to take a second. They would take our first. We need a de and won't find one better then him in the first.

I think it'll take 2 1ST rounders.

why is he available ? ;)

read that twice

I don't understand why people insist on casting Cutler as some petulant child for wanting out of a comically bad situation.

Josh McDaniels thinks Matt Cassel is a better quarterback than Jay Cutler is.

Read that as many times as it takes to sink in.

I was thinking that if we could give our first for peppers. If they would be willing to take a second. They would take our first. We need a de and won't find one better then him in the first.

He is not a 3-4 DE...

Archived