1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
interested trade proposal

we can start measuring our ring size if it happens

Broncos- Get Brady Quinn from the Browns, Jets # 17 pick in 2009 and the Jets 2010 #1 pick.

Browns- Get Vernon Gholston, Thomas Jones and Brad Smith from the Jets, and Jets #52 pick in 2009.

Jets- Get Jay Cutler from the Broncos, receive Braylon Edwards and Jamal Lewis from the Browns.

Why on earth would Cleveland do that?

Brady Quinn, Braylon Edwards, and Jamal Lewis

for

Vernon Gholston, Thomas Jones, Brad Smith and pick #52?

lol

Lewis & Jones somewhat cancel each other out, no matter what one's personal opinions are of either.

Brad Smith has no trade value whatsoever; he'd be a throw-in so the compensation of Smith adds nothing.

So now you're down to:

Vernon Gholston and pick #52 this year for

Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards

There is no way on earth Cleveland makes that trade.

Oh, and by the way, it was Mangini who benched Gholston all year. So I'd have serious doubts as to Mangini's desire to acquire him now that he knows what he is (or thinks he knows what he is) at the NFL level in his read & react defense.

Why on earth would Cleveland do that?

Brady Quinn, Braylon Edwards, and Jamal Lewis

for

Vernon Gholston, Thomas Jones, Brad Smith and pick #52?

lol

Lewis & Jones somewhat cancel each other out, no matter what one's personal opinions are of either.

Brad Smith has no trade value whatsoever; he'd be a throw-in so the compensation of Smith adds nothing.

So now you're down to:

Vernon Gholston and pick #52 this year for

Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards

There is no way on earth Cleveland makes that trade.

Oh, and by the way, it was Mangini who benched Gholston all year. So I'd have serious doubts as to Mangini's desire to acquire him now that he knows what he is (or thinks he knows what he is) at the NFL level in his read & react defense.

i agree with ya, EM gets fired within a year

i would do the trade..some ying yangs thing we gave up too much

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reports Jay Cutler wants out of Denver and the Jets have told the Broncos they want him if they decide to trade him.

Multiple sources told the Daily News Sunday at the opening of the NFL meetings that Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum contacted the Broncos to let them know the Jets are very interested in trading for Cutler. But the Jets have yet to make a trade offer, and the Broncos have not said what they want, because Denver has not determined the Cutler situation is beyond repair.

The Jets are definitely in the Cutler Derby. They will closely monitor the situation and are prepared to put together a package when the Broncos tell them the time has arrived.

Cut us in on any Jay Cutler deal, Jets tell Broncos

DANA POINT, Calif. - Jay Cutler wants out of Denver and the Jets have told the Broncos they want him if they decide to trade him.

Multiple sources told the Daily News Sunday at the opening of the NFL meetings that Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum contacted the Broncos to let them know the Jets are very interested in trading for Cutler. But the Jets have yet to make a trade offer, and the Broncos have not said what they want, because Denver has not determined the Cutler situation is beyond repair.

But this much is clear: The Jets are definitely in the Cutler Derby. They will closely monitor the situation and are prepared to put together a package when the Broncos tell them the time has arrived. "Of course the Jets want Cutler," one source said. "Why wouldn't they?"

The Broncos want to meet one more time with Cutler to see if they can end his feud with rookie coach Josh McDaniels before they start soliciting offers.

Cutler is upset that McDaniels tried to deal him to Tampa Bay in a three-way deal that would have brought Matt Cassel from New England to Denver. He was further incensed when McDaniels didn't appease him in a face-to-face meeting after Cassel wound up being traded to Kansas City. The Jets will face strong competition from the Bucs and Bears if Cutler is available. Last summer, the Jets outbid the Bucs for Brett Favre.

Where does this leave the Jets' quarterback situation?

Tannenbaum, coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer were in Manhattan, Kan., last week to work out Kansas State QB Josh Freeman, who may be working his way into the top half of the first round. The Jets are picking 17th on April 25. Ryan said Sunday he liked what he saw of Freeman. Ryan also said the Jets will work out Southern Cal QB Matt Sanchez this week while he and Tannenbaum are on the West Coast for the league meetings. Sanchez has been training in Southern California. They are not spending much time on Georgia's Matt Stafford, expected to go No. 1 to the Lions.

If nothing changes, Ryan said Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff will go into training camp as "1 and 1-A. Clemens may get the first snap, but then 1-A is Ratliff. This is clearly an open competition. Erik Ainge, if he comes around and lights it up, he will be in there."

Ryan told the Daily News Sunday that the first conversation he had with Favre as the Jets' head coach came when Favre contacted the team in February to let them know he was retiring. Ryan said he wanted Favre to play for him this season, but didn't feel it would be appropriate for him to call Favre to recruit him.

"I never wanted to push him one way or the other. He played the game long enough that he knows what is best for him and his family," Ryan said.

He said he didn't believe he could have talked Favre into playing another year. "We don't have that kind of relationship," he said. "I've never met Brett."

I am surprised Clemens has not gotten fed up with the JETS looking in another direction by now,and I am suprised he is not screaming he wants out now!

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reports Jay Cutler wants out of Denver and the Jets have told the Broncos they want him if they decide to trade him.

The Jets are definitely in the Cutler Derby. They will closely monitor the situation and are prepared to put together a package when the Broncos tell them the time has arrived.

I am surprised Clemens has not gotten fed up with the JETS looking in another direction by now,and I am suprised he is not screaming he wants out now!

He can scream all he wants... nobody is giving up squat for him.

On what grounds does he warrant that type of action. Is there a market for Kellen Clemens?

Clemens is lucky enough to have an NFL job... He's not a starter anywhere else, so he should stop bitching if he is bitching

And who is Kellen Clemens for him to demand a trade? He's a nobody right now. My friends mistake him for CLEO LEMONS sometimes. It's embarrasing, Hellen Clemens will NOT say anything.

When did Clemens throw for 4500 yards?

25 TD's?

What year did he make the Pro Bowl again?

Did I miss something?

afo's trade proposal

2 #1 picks Clemens/rat 2010 3rd rd 2011 4th rd 2012 5th rd 2013 6th rd

Seeing the way Mike T operates, I'm willing to bet that he looks to get some late round/later date picks back from the Broncos in exchange for the early pick(s) we'd be giving up. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, they still owe us a 7th for DRob.

Ryan told the Daily News Sunday that the first conversation he had with Favre as the Jets' head coach came when Favre contacted the team in February to let them know he was retiring. Ryan said he wanted Favre to play for him this season, but didn't feel it would be appropriate for him to call Favre to recruit him.

"I never wanted to push him one way or the other. He played the game long enough that he knows what is best for him and his family," Ryan said.

He said he didn't believe he could have talked Favre into playing another year. "We don't have that kind of relationship," he said. "I've never met Brett."

Is this a case of Rex saying the right thing or is this a case of Rex really wanting Favre?

Hopefully the former. 40 year-old Favre isn't worth $13M on this year's cap.

Rex seems to be a pragmatist (as evidenced by him having no problem with the higher ups wanting to keep Schotty). So it would definately be the former.

As to the OP, Tannenbaum has shown himself not to be afraid of any deal, so, of course, he'd tell the Broncos the Jets will be in on it.

Also, it's smart of Tanny not to make an offer now. Why should he if the Broncos haven't confirmed that they're trading Cutler? He shouldn't & isn't playing his hand too early.

Rex seems to be a pragmatist (as evidenced by him having no problem with the higher ups wanting to keep Schotty). So it would definately be the former.

As to the OP, Tannenbaum has shown himself not to be afraid of any deal, so, of course, he'd tell the Broncos the Jets will be in on it.

Also, it's smart of Tanny not to make an offer now. Why should he if the Broncos haven't confirmed that they're trading Cutler? He shouldn't & isn't playing his hand too early.

it is the owner's meeting

i make a huge offer right now and get him before other teams even bid for him.

Archived