1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're easy...

I don't give it up until Cutler is in green and white

It's not even that, it's the fact that he's the first GM on any team I've ever rooted for that runs the team the way I'd want him to, (maaaaayyyybe Minaya too, but I'll never forgive him for not forcing the Wilpons to concede on Manny). Cutler or no Cutler, the dude chases and is pretty much a player in every deal that makes sense. Can you imagine Bradway being this aggressive? Parcells even? I can't.

It's not even that, it's the fact that he's the first GM on any team I've ever rooted for that runs the team the way I'd want him to, (maaaaayyyybe Minaya too, but I'll never forgive him for not forcing the Wilpons to concede on Manny). Cutler or no Cutler, the dude chases and is pretty much a player in every deal that makes sense. Can you imagine Bradway being this aggressive? Parcells even? I can't.

I like it when you talk dirty.

I'd love to hear what madmike would have to say about this. FIRE THE ACCOUNTANT!!!

BRadway yes, except he'd give up 2x what he needed too..

I read Edwards is out there for a 2, 5 and a replacement receiver. Would you take a shot? I would.

I read Edwards is out there for a 2, 5 and a replacement receiver. Would you take a shot? I would.

The argument is so tough. Do you get a receiver? Do you get a QB?

We're in a ****ty spot right now on our O because the two following arguments can be made for both positions:

If you get a QB... who's he throwing it to?

If you get a WR... who's throwing it to him?

Seems like Tanny wants to go QB route which I don't blame him for, if you get a good QB you can always find WR's in the draft. If Clemens is terrible Edwards isn't going to make him any better. IMO there are very few receivers that make their QB's BETTER. Those guys are the elite end receivers, Fitz, Moss, etc.

:puke: I just hope it doesn't come true.

yeah casue our other options are just so much more appealing. max is gonna have to find another smilie......probably something like the exorcist....head spinning around and pea soup vomite everywhere, for you to use when you see what our seaosn looks like with ratliff or clemens at the helm.

I would do revis and a late round draft pick straight up for cutler... CB is never worth a franchise qb..not even close

Why are so many of you eager to trade Revis in this scenario? You should avoid trading away your best players! One things for sure - Rex is all about Defense, so there's no way he is going to sign off on trading the best defensive player on the team.

I'm thinking I'd trade most of my draft away for Cutler and Edwards and not look back.

At the very least Edwards will open stuff up for Cotch and whoever we put in the slot..

1st this year and conditional (up to a 1st) next year for Cutler

2nd this year and a conditional (up to a 4th) for Edwards

Instant success on offense.

yeah casue our other options are just so much more appealing. max is gonna have to find another smilie......probably something like the exorcist....head spinning around and pea soup vomite everywhere, for you to use when you see what our seaosn looks like with ratliff or clemens at the helm.

strike that...i think a smilie jamming a crucifix in it's crotch wold be more appropriate.

I'm no fan of either, but remember Clemens went 3-5 with a much worse starting team around him in 2007. I don't see any reason to think we will only win 4 games if he's in there..

I'm thinking I'd trade most of my draft away for Cutler and Edwards and not look back.

At the very least Edwards will open stuff up for Cotch and whoever we put in the slot..

I would trade the whole draft for those two in a heartbeat.

Why are so many of you eager to trade Revis in this scenario? You should avoid trading away your best players! One things for sure - Rex is all about Defense, so there's no way he is going to sign off on trading the best defensive player on the team.

I really don't see our best player being traded, considering we have a defensive minded coach who's had success with almost nothing at QB.

It could happen, but I'd be shocked.

I would trade the whole draft for those two in a heartbeat.

I'm thinking that is a lot of stake to put into a couple of guys that arent sure fire cant miss players.

They both have their issues and in the long run, you would trading for a sup .500 Qb and a WR who has had only 1 year worth of good work to speak of.

I'm thinking that is a lot of stake to put into a couple of guys that arent sure fire cant miss players.

They both have their issues and in the long run, you would trading for a sup .500 Qb and a WR who has had only 1 year worth of good work to speak of.

You act like they would be trading away sure fire players... when in fact most of the players the JETS draft this year will not be in the NFL in a few years...

1st this year and conditional (up to a 1st) next year for Cutler

2nd this year and a conditional (up to a 4th) for Edwards

Instant success on offense.

Probably take more to get both deals done imo.. THe browns supposedly asked the GIants for a 2, a 5, and Steve Smith. Maybe since our 2 is higher, our 2nd, 5th and Brad Smith would get the job done for Edwards.

Cutler for maybe a 1, 4, next years 1 and Clemens/Ratliff

just my guess, but if that happened and Edwards remembered how to catch, we'd be SB contenders imo

Edwards' current contract only runs through the end of this season. He'll need a new deal probably in the $8-9M/yr range (in this market). He doesn't just cost draft picks. The draft picks only get us the opportunity of first refusal on his (likely outrageous) long-term contract demands.

Edwards' current contract only runs through the end of this season. He'll need a new deal probably in the $8-9M/yr range (in this market). He doesn't just cost draft picks. The draft picks only get us the opportunity of first refusal on his (likely outrageous) long-term contract demands.

Good catch, we could always franchise next year if need be ;)

You act like they would be trading away sure fire players... when in fact most of the players the JETS draft this year will not be in the NFL in a few years...

Yes, but the potential of drafting that 10 year probowl/all pro player is out there.

Honestly, have you ever seen a team have any success making moves of that nature. The great teams do it through the draft.

IDK, maybe because I am big draft fan that I put a lot of stock into picks, but I just dont know if the return would be worth the price.

Do the Jets have a "replacement receiver"?

The argument is so tough. Do you get a receiver? Do you get a QB?

We're in a ****ty spot right now on our O because the two following arguments can be made for both positions:

If you get a QB... who's he throwing it to?

If you get a WR... who's throwing it to him?

Seems like Tanny wants to go QB route which I don't blame him for, if you get a good QB you can always find WR's in the draft. If Clemens is terrible Edwards isn't going to make him any better. IMO there are very few receivers that make their QB's BETTER. Those guys are the elite end receivers, Fitz, Moss, etc.

How much better did Moss make Andrew Walter? Anybody in their right mind fills QB before WR. It's obvious that the FO isn't sold on Clemens.

Can they afford to? Edwards is a FA after this season and both those guys are going to want new deals with plenty of coin. I'm not sure they can afford to pick up two big ticket guys at this point.

Probably take more to get both deals done imo.. THe browns supposedly asked the GIants for a 2, a 5, and Steve Smith. Maybe since our 2 is higher, our 2nd, 5th and Brad Smith would get the job done for Edwards.

Cutler for maybe a 1, 4, next years 1 and Clemens/Ratliff

just my guess, but if that happened and Edwards remembered how to catch, we'd be SB contenders imo

OK

1st, 4th & Clemens this year and conditional (up to a 1st) next year for Cutler

2nd & B Smith this year and a conditional (up to a 4th) for Edwards

Smith and Clemens would not be missed and you only have to give up 3 early picks for two good players... not bad when you consider the chances of hitting good players on all 3 of those picks is not good to begin with..

Yes, but the potential of drafting that 10 year probowl/all pro player is out there.

Honestly, have you ever seen a team have any success making moves of that nature. The great teams do it through the draft.

IDK, maybe because I am big draft fan that I put a lot of stock into picks, but I just dont know if the return would be worth the price.

It's really tough to say, Cutler has the goods and we know that for sure. I mean the NFL draft and the scouting is such an inexact science. How good has Leinart, Young, Smith and other QB's drafted in the first round done lately? Then you got guys like Ryan and Flacco who were great right off the bat. I dunno if Quinn will be any good. It's all a matter of how you look at it. I agree with you on the fact that draft is so important for many OTHER positions. It's a crap shoot with QB IMO.

Good job Sperm. You gotta look at the overall picture.

ANother point. Getting players in their contract year is usually a good thing. He'll probably have a big year, and then we can tag and trade if we don't want to sign him long term

And for those who keep bringing it up, Revis won't be part of any deal for Cutler. We just gave him a $6M roster bonus a few weeks ago.

I'd be amazed if we let Revis go to another team with that money (which now hits our 2009 cap whether we keep or trade him) and trade another #1 for Cutler (who will also get a new mega-contract). It's not just a matter of one player for another.

I'd give up two #1's before I gave up Revis and a #1. Odds are pretty low we'd get another player that good - let alone that good right away - with a #1 draft pick we don't send away.

It is rare that a corner develops into a Darelle Revis, and rarer still that it happens as quickly as it has with him. You can only select from the CB's who come out in that year you're drafting for one AND that player has to be available when we pick.

He's locked up for the 3 upcoming at very manageable money (for a player at his level and anticipated level throughout those years). After that we can pay through the nose for a 6th year if we can't reach a long-term deal with him and haven't drafted or acquired a replacement who won't be a devastating liability on that side of the ball. If Tannenbaum has seen anything in his FA shopping, he's seen what a top-flight player costs when you don't draft him yourself.

It's really tough to say, Cutler has the goods and we know that for sure. I mean the NFL draft and the scouting is such an inexact science. How good has Leinart, Young, Smith and other QB's drafted in the first round done lately? Then you got guys like Ryan and Flacco who were great right off the bat. I dunno if Quinn will be any good. It's all a matter of how you look at it. I agree with you on the fact that draft is so important for many OTHER positions. It's a crap shoot with QB IMO.

Fair enough.

But still, how often do these types of trades pan out the way you expected?

I'd give up two #1's before I gave up Revis and a #1. Odds are pretty low we'd get another player that good - let alone that good right away - with a #1 draft pick we don't send away.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that..

Archived