***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

You love you some Cutler.

I'd just love a young QB on the Jets that I thought had the goods. The last young QB on the Jets I thought had the goods was Ken O'brien and the year was 1986..

That's too long..

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd just love a young QB on the Jets that I thought had the goods. The last young QB on the Jets I thought had the goods was Ken O'brien and the year was 1986..

That's too long..

I hear ya.

I dont like Cutler's attitude, but his talent is undeniable.

I hear ya.

I dont like Cutler's attitude, but his talent is undeniable.

Lets not get carried away. He's a good starting qb but nothing special. Basically a poor man's Brett Favre. Strong arm but not much upstairs. 54 TDs to 37 INTs for his career. That's not too good of a ratio.

Lets not get carried away. He's a good starting qb but nothing special. Basically a poor man's Brett Favre. Strong arm but not much upstairs. 54 TDs to 37 INTs for his career. That's not too good of a ratio.

LOL

If Jets get Cutler....You and Mumbles will be worried..very worried....Trust me

LOL

If Jets get Cutler....You and Mumbles will be worried..very worried....Trust me

No trust me. Short of stealing Belichick and Brady away from us there is nothing the Jets could do to make me worry.

When Brady had 54 td's he had thrown 33 picks and it was his 4th year in the league at that point.. Cutler is just starting his 4th..

The problem is this, clearly they don't want just picks, McDaniels wants just a different young QB. The problem is, we have no one. No chance on our end of this happening...none.

hello it will be sanchez or stafford.

the dog jumped over the fence and it ain't coming back!

The problem is this, clearly they don't want just picks, McDaniels wants just a different young QB. The problem is, we have no one. No chance on our end of this happening...none.

maybe Bilichick has some tapes of Ratliff's preseason he can share with McDaniels?

Jay Cutler infuriated by rumors of Denver Broncos trades

Cutler Thinks he is still on trading block

Yes, the Denver Broncos want Jay Cutler to return for a little sit down to mend fences after the team's reported failed attempt to trade for New England quarterback Matt Cassel. Cutler won't have any of it after the two sides spoke by telephone Sunday.

"They want me to come in and talk to 'em but I'm not doing it right now; I'm going to lay low," said Cutler. "The [broncos] deny everything. That's a problem. We know for a fact they tried to trade me."

The Broncos have denied reports of their trade talks with the Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Detroit Lions. They have characterized any dialogue as "inquiries" not initiated by the team, even though multiple sources have confirmed the Broncos' interest in Cassel, who was dealt Saturday by the Patriots to the Chiefs.

"He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on," new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told the Denver Post. "We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more."

McDaniels was the Patriots' offensive coordinator last season when he helped guide Cassel, a career backup since high school, to an 11-5 record following Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury on opening weekend.

Cutler, the 11th overall pick out of Vanderbilt in the 2006 draft, told The Denver Post he was angry that his name even came up in trade talks and said he still feels he's on the trading block -- something McDaniels denies.

"We don't want to trade Jay," McDaniels said. "We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team."

Sources say that the Bucs offered first- and fourth-round picks to the Broncos for Cutler, and that the Lions offered their second-round pick (No. 33) and possibly a future pick. The deal would have involved the Broncos getting Cassel from the Patriots.

Cutler was scheduled to return to Denver this week to continue learning the team's new playbook under McDaniels. A source close to Cutler said that the quarterback is "too stung" by the trade talks and has refused to speak with McDaniels by phone, let alone travel from his Tennessee home back to Denver.

"I'm upset. I mean, I'm really shocked at this point," Cutler told The Post. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Team officials were in contact with his agent, Bus Cook, on Saturday and Sunday to deny their involvement and reinforce their commitment to Cutler. Cook said Cutler has every right to be upset.

"Because that's a vote of no confidence in the guy," Cook told The Associated Press on Sunday. "I don't care if you're talking about trading him for Matt Cassel, Matt Ryan or Tom Brady. That's a vote of no confidence in him, and that's how Jay sees it and I would, too.

"I don't know if they were actively seeking to trade Jay, but on the other hand, I don't know that they were turning a deaf ear to potential offers, either."

It was during their call Sunday with Cook that the Broncos tried to schedule a meeting that the quarterback isn't interested in, at the moment.

A Broncos spokesman told The AP on Sunday that neither McDaniels, newly promoted general manager Brian Xanders nor team owner Pat Bowlen would have anything else to say publicly about the matter.

The organization felt it had adequately addressed the issue by talking to The Post and didn't want to perpetuate the story, team spokesman Patrick Smyth said.

Cutler, who has three years left on his six-year deal he signed as a rookie, is by far the best player McDaniels inherited from Mike Shanahan, who had built a terrific young offense around the quarterback even while neglecting a defense that more than anything probably led to his firing.

Cutler told The Post he feels his relationship with McDaniels has "taken a few steps backward."

"I don't know if the relationship is irreconcilably broken," Cook said. "But I know that as much as he's meant to the organization and that ballclub, if there were attempts to trade him, then I think Jay Cutler is 100 percent right to be more than just a little bit miffed."

Cutler is 17-20 with no playoff appearances since supplanting Jake Plummer late in the 2006 season, and he's known for his petulant, moody personality in his dealings with teammates and the media alike.

"There's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be a fire," Cook said. "If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that's a situation that's going to cause a very serious problem for the organization.

"If they weren't, maybe he forgives and forgets. But if they were, that's going to be a very difficult situation to repair."

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Well so much for our starter with experiance in our system if we get Cutler. Ratliff,Lowery,17th gets it done. Cutler,Clemens,Ainge competition.

I'm all for Cutler, but that seems a bit much. It's not like he did great. He has done well, and shows some promise. Like most strong armed QB's he tends to force the ball at times. You would think we could trade Ratliff and our 17th for Cutler and maybe their 5th or 6th round.

Well so much for our starter with experiance in our system if we get Cutler. Ratliff,Lowery,17th gets it done. Cutler,Clemens,Ainge competition.

I'm all for Cutler, but that seems a bit much. It's not like he did great. He has done well, and shows some promise. Like most strong armed QB's he tends to force the ball at times. You would think we could trade Ratliff and our 17th for Cutler and maybe their 5th or 6th round.

Are you guys nuts? Cutler/Clemens/Ainge competition? Ratliff and our 17th for Cutler and our 5th?

The dudes a pro bowl QB in his third season and was Denver's entire team this past season. His TD/INT ratio is slightly worse but comparable to Brady and superior to Mannings at the same point in his career (# of TD passes)

This is all a moot point, IMO. Denver is only parting with Cutler if they got a young star in return(Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers). Cutler is putting up numbers that only Marino and Roethlisberger exceeded in their first years in the NFL. These players come by once every few years. When you are lucky enough to get one you dont trade them no matter how arrogant they may be.

there's a lot to like about cutler, but he is missing a certain leadership/brains type of ingredient

he's a massive upgrade over what we have, but putting a price on him would be tough

I think we'd have to trade a player to make room under the cap

denver has defensive needs at LB

BT and a 2nd and a 4th kinda package ?

there's a lot to like about cutler, but he is missing a certain leadership/brains type of ingredient

he's a massive upgrade over what we have, but putting a price on him would be tough

I think we'd have to trade a player to make room under the cap

denver has defensive needs at LB

BT and a 2nd and a 4th kinda package ?

For a team that hasn't had a young QB with the goods in over 20 years, our fans really aren't willing to give up much for one..

BT, a second and a 4th likely wouldn't pry the noodle arm loose from Miami, let alone get Cutler...

This is all a moot point, IMO. Denver is only parting with Cutler if they got a young star in return(Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers). Cutler is putting up numbers that only Marino and Roethlisberger exceeded in their first years in the NFL. These players come by once every few years. When you are lucky enough to get one you dont trade them no matter how arrogant they may be.

Jason, he won't even return their phone calls right now. He wants no part of an organization that apparently values Matt Cassell over him.

I say demand a trade Jay, demand it now!!!

Pretty much, I honestly don't even think multiple first rounders on our part would pry him away for the time being. The only way that possibility becomes realistic is if the situation gets worse and the Broncos lose significant leverage due to the relationship being irreparable.

Pretty much, I honestly don't even think multiple first rounders on our part would pry him away for the time being. The only way that possibility becomes realistic is if the situation gets worse and the Broncos lose significant leverage due to the relationship being irreparable.

which I think is on it's way. maybe our gain. I would think that at the very least rex and tanny our putting feelers out in denver.

Jason, he won't even return their phone calls right now. He wants no part of an organization that apparently values Matt Cassell over him.

I say demand a trade Jay, demand it now!!!

I would think the odds of the situation remaining this bad are pretty slim. Cutler is very immature, which is something this episode seems reinforce, and usually immature types eventually settle down. My guess is his agent convinces him to be quiet by simply reminding him how the time to be angry is when his old coach gets a job somewhere next season.

which I think is on it's way. maybe our gain. I would think that at the very least rex and tanny our putting feelers out in denver.

I totally agree. I'd bet money that Tanny's at least called his agent by now. However, straight picks would be an absolute last resort for Denver. Jason mentioned Romo, and this situation reeks of Jerry Jones trying to get involved, but I don't think McDaniels would want Romo. If he doesn't want Cutler, there's really no reason for him to consider Romo considering they share a lot of the same negatives...mainly the ones that made McDaniels consider trading Cutler in the first place. All in all, I think we'd wind up having last dibs on him simply due to the fact that we don't have any QB on our roster with remote trade value.

I would think the odds of the situation remaining this bad are pretty slim. Cutler is very immature, which is something this episode seems reinforce, and usually immature types eventually settle down. My guess is his agent convinces him to be quiet by simply reminding him how the time to be angry is when his old coach gets a job somewhere next season.

This I agree with, just allowing myself to indulge the fantasy for a bit..

I'd say there's no more then a 5% chance he remains committed to forcing his way out, and even then I doubt they trade him until it was the last resort.

Maybe he's stubborn as a mule?

Cutler

According to SI's Peter King, Jay Cutler had asked the Broncos to trade him after the team lost offensive coordinator Jim Bates to USC after the season.

Cutler wasn't happy about losing Bates or head coach Mike Shanahan, and he's not handling the recent trade talks well at all. It doesn't look like the Broncos are going to trade Cutler at this point, so, as King suggested, "maybe both sides need to get into marriage counseling." Mar. 2 - 10:02 am et

Archived