Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

My daughter's roomie from Denver, her Dad is giving back season tickets

if Jay is not retained

Denver radio is all over this arrogant prick..that being Joshie:D

Beautiful. I'm hoping for a one year and out the door scenario for McDaniels. How bad do those fans want Mikey back? Just like us with Kotite. :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful. I'm hoping for a one year and out the door scenario for McDaniels. How bad do those fans want Mikey back? Just like us with Kotite. :)

LOL Joshie is going thru his Mumbles handbook and looking for answers "what do you do when you insult your franchise QB and he now hates your guts"

LOL Joshie is going thru his Mumbles handbook and looking for answers "what do you do when you insult your franchise QB and he now hates your guts"

So you are saying VT is about to be signed?

spermanator;

I'd like your feedback on an angle to the cutler dealio;

"would he fit in with what Ryan is trying to accomplish as far as how the jets will be structured to win games ?"

my point being his laser focus on defense and special teams this offseason leads me to believe he is going with the pitts and balt style where you may be looking at 17 pass attempts in a winning effort, where the idea is for the defesne and ST to give the offense a short field, and the offense is more or less a running attack with some PA mixed in

would it make sense to trade 2 #1's (and probably more) for a gunslinger good for 1 turover a game, when a low turnover, high efficiency game manager would do the trick ?

it seems like an odd marriage to me, like santana moss and pennington

I understand the point your making, but I respectfully disagree.

First, I'm not quite sure I understand why we typecast QBs into categories. To me a good QB is a better QB if set in the right situation.

The term "gunslinger" is typically used to describe QBs who throw the ball deep down the field, some times recklessly risking interceptions for the glory of the "highlight pass" play.

But the reality of the situation though reveals that many of these "gunslingers" are forced to try and make plays, either because they have no running game, or they have a defense that sucks, or worse yet, have a coach that doesn't know what they're doing. So inevitably, these players find themselves having to play "catch up" and when that happens, turnovers happen. It's a natural progression of events.

Favre was one for many years in GB. Dan Fouts was one in San Diego. Bradshaw was interception prone, especially early in his career, before they had the great running game. We had one here in Namath, who, after 1970, was always playing from behind.

Vinny Testaverde, for example, also had the reputation as a "gunslinger", a prolific passer, who was many times forced to throw to win games, and as a result, was succeptible to the interception. As we all know, he threw a ton ... mostly before he came to the Jets and Parcells.

When Parcells got him, he made sure he had a great running game to work with, and a physical defense that forced turnovers so Testaverde didn't have to work with a long field 95% of the time.

My point is that circumstances that a player finds himself can dictate the type of style he has to play at that time and that said, even a "gunslinger" prone to turnovers can turn out to be a winning QB if he's paired with a great running game and a good coach who knows what the formula is to win consistently, specifically running the football on offense, stopping the run on defense, and winning the turnover battle.

And don't forget, having a QB who can stretch the field when needed makes it a hell of lot easier to run the football.

I think Ryan, with his emphasis on defense and the running game, could transform Cutler into one of those guys, so in that respect, I think it could be a great marriage.

Anyone else think our 1st, 2nd, and a quality young player is too much for Jay? I do, this is said to be the asking price on nfl.com, and who knows maybe even more. Thats ridiculous. Maybe a 1st and a player, but not a 2nd also, hes not freaking Peyton Manning.

I love how people take the whiney athletes side of things. Honest to Betsy! No wonder the world is going to crap. Biatch, moan, groan and throw a tantrum and get your way. Shut up already. Football is a business, you big puss - and I'm talking Cutler here. Cutler should give Drew Bledoe a shout and ask him how to handle a difficult situation with some class.

Anyone else think our 1st, 2nd, and a quality young player is too much for Jay? I do, this is said to be the asking price on nfl.com, and who knows maybe even more. Thats ridiculous. Maybe a 1st and a player, but not a 2nd also, hes not freaking Peyton Manning.

How 'bout the 2009 1st rounder, 2010 3rd rounder & Thomas Jones?

Easier to get another RB in the draft than a young, franchise QB, espcially since you have Leon on the roster.

Denver gets a much needed RB, then sign Garcia for a year while McDanials gets to teach another young QB (Sanchez?) his system.

Still leaves a potential hole at WR, unless we're able to pick up a veteran WR who gets cut later on or unless Clowney develops quickly.

But at least we get the QB.

Thoughts?

How 'bout the 2009 1st rounder, 2010 2nd rounder & Thomas Jones?

Easier to get another RB in the draft than a young, franchise QB, espcially since you have Leon on the roster.

Denver gets a much needed RB, then sign Garcia for a year while McDanials gets to teach another young QB (Sanchez?) his system.

Still leaves a potential hole at WR, unless we're able to pick up a veteran WR who gets cut later on or unless Clowney develops quickly.

But at least we get the QB.

Thoughts?

they will not want TJ, they would take Leon

best not to bring up RB as part of the trade

they will not want TJ, they would take Leon

best not to bring up RB as part of the trade

OK, let me ask you this.

What about our 2009 1st Rounder and Leon for Cutler straight up? One draft pick and one player for the QB.

Just askin'.

Not sure, myself. I think I would but I'm not quite certain.

OK, let me ask you this.

What about our 2009 1st Rounder and Leon for Cutler straight up? One draft pick and one player for the QB.

Just askin'.

Not sure, myself. I think I would but I'm not quite certain.

i would do it in a flash

i love Leon but to get a franchise QB... a no brainer

i would do it in a flash

i love Leon but to get a franchise QB... a no brainer

Yeah, I'm leanin' that way, too.

Love Leon, but as you say, a chance to get the talented young QB. Not sure you can pass it up. Denver would probably want more, perhaps another pick, though.

Yeah, I'm leanin' that way, too.

Love Leon, but as you say, a chance to get the talented young QB. Not sure you can pass it up. Denver would probably want more, perhaps another pick, though.

I'd do that one in a second as well. Leon is awesome, but he's a RB and this draft is stacked with good RBs. No second pick unless it's a 4th or lower imo.

spermanator;

"would he fit in with what Ryan is trying to accomplish as far as how the jets will be structured to win games ?"

my point being his laser focus on defense and special teams this offseason leads me to believe he is going with the pitts and balt style where you may be looking at 17 pass attempts in a winning effort, where the idea is for the defesne and ST to give the offense a short field, and the offense is more or less a running attack with some PA mixed in

would it make sense to trade 2 #1's (and probably more) for a gunslinger good for 1 turover a game, when a low turnover, high efficiency game manager would do the trick ?

Ben Roethlisberger turns the ball over at a higher rate than Jay Cutler.

I love how people take the whiney athletes side of things. Honest to Betsy! No wonder the world is going to crap. Biatch, moan, groan and throw a tantrum and get your way. Shut up already. Football is a business, you big puss - and I'm talking Cutler here. Cutler should give Drew Bledoe a shout and ask him how to handle a difficult situation with some class.

Cutler is a whiney, moanin', groanin', tantrum throwing biatch.

That still doesn't change the fact that McDaniels is an idiot.

Even if you excuse his attempted trade for Cassel, McDaniel's handling of the matter after that has been inexcusable.

Didn't they sign 2 or 3 RBs this offseason?

I know there'd been articles on the Broncos looking at Buckhalter, Arrington, and Jordan.

i would not bring up Leons name in any trade with them

the 3 listed above are not real good and all have been injury prone

This isn't about doing a trick. This is about winning the Super Bowl. You don't bring a game manager to a gunfight.

Cutler is a whiney, moanin', groanin', tantrum throwing biatch.

That still doesn't change the fact that McDaniels is an idiot.

Even if you excuse his attempted trade for Cassel, McDaniel's handling of the matter after that has been inexcusable.

I agree that McDaniels is an idiot. I blame the SB loss to the Giants on him. Hey, brainiac - Tommy doesn't have any time to throw - hey look, there's Welker in the slot! MORON! Took him a half to figure that one out. Don't get me started on how over-rated I think Josh is. I've been saying it forever. Too young, too green.

I think they are both handling it poorly....or so it's reported. I trust no one. I certainly don't trust agents, I don't trust owners, I hate the media, and I think Cutler and McDaniels are both jokes. Still, Cutler is handling this like a petulant child. Why that goes unnoticed and/or explained away by the vast majority here is baffling to me.

Think about it. Do we really know what was said behind closed doors or are you going to blindly take the word of a petulant child? Sure, McDaniels thinks he's BB light. Dumbass doesn't realize he does not quite have that sort of "street cred" yet.

I actually don't care where Cutler ends up. I just know I have zero respect for the guy.

I think they are both handling it poorly....

At the end of the day, even if it's the players fault, it's the coaches job to bring him back to the team. That's what coaches do, right?

He's got to be the peacemaker, even if he's in the right. As a head coach, he's already failing miserably.

Did he say this while crying behind oversized Prada sunglasses?

"He's our Quarterback, man"

Actually, I think the media misquoted him once again. I think the full quote was, "He's our Quarterback, (whispers) for right now." :happy0069:

Cutler has every right to be pissed at McDaniels. I can only imagine how disgusted a QB of Cutlers caliber must have been to discover that his HC valued Matt ****ing Cassell over him as a franchise QB and was willing to replace him.

I was never a huge fan of his and have always thought he's been a bit ****y but seriously, why would he want to play for a HC that has more faith in a still relatively unproven QB who's started 15 football games since high school over him? Cutler is a legitimate franchise QB, a guy worthy of building a team around, he knows it and should know it. He also knows that there are teams that would value him a lot higher than McDaniels does right now, can't blame him for wanting out of Denver.

Cutler has every right to be pissed at McDaniels. I can only imagine how disgusted a QB of Cutlers caliber must have been to discover that his HC valued Matt ****ing Cassell over him as a franchise QB and was willing to replace him.

I was never a huge fan of his and have always thought he's been a bit ****y but seriously, why would he want to play for a HC that has more faith in a still relatively unproven QB who's started 15 football games since high school over him? Cutler is a legitimate franchise QB, a guy worthy of building a team around, he knows it and should know it. He also knows that there are teams that would value him a lot higher than McDaniels does right now, can't blame him for wanting out of Denver.

Fine be pissed silently. Show your coach he is an idiot for even thinking that by taking the opportunity and slamming shut the door on any talk about another QB by dominating and proving that you are in fact, a franchise QB. Grow up and realize there is no such thing as a guaranteed spot and you need to prove yourself everyday in this life. You get a new boss, that's the breaks, you break your ass to ensure you are looked at as a indespensible resource. What you don't do is go be Jay Cutler and do everything he has done to this point. Get some backbone, and pride and professionalism and show up and take what is yours and continue to grow and mature and become a f*ing leader in that lockerroom. If you do that, you'll likely outlast the coach and get respect from all those around you caling you out as a docuhe and a whiner and a smug, smarmy classless little jagoff.

In short - GO ACT LIKE A F*ING PROFESSIONAL and don't be, well, Jay Cutler.

Fine be pissed silently. Show your coach he is an idiot for even thinking that by taking the opportunity and slamming shut the door on any talk about another QB by dominating and proving that you are in fact, a franchise QB. Grow up and realize there is no such thing as a guaranteed spot and you need to prove yourself everyday in this life. You get a new boss, that's the breaks, you break your ass to ensure you are looked at as a indespensible resource. What you don't do is go be Jay Cutler and do everything he has done to this point. Get some backbone, and pride and professionalism and show up and take what is yours and continue to grow and mature and become a f*ing leader in that lockerroom. If you do that, you'll likely outlast the coach and get respect from all those around you caling you out as a docuhe and a whiner and a smug, smarmy classless little jagoff.

In short - GO ACT LIKE A F*ING PROFESSIONAL and don't be, well, Jay Cutler.

Not for nothing, but has anyone actually heard direct quotes from Cutler?? It is all Bus Cook and a lot of 'people familiar with the organization or friends of cutler,' yet I haven't exactly heard Cutler go on sportscenter, 1st and 10 or any other media outlet and say any of this.

I understand some want him to stop acting like a whiny school boy and be more of the good soldier, but honestly, he could be acting a lot worse.

Not for nothing, but has anyone actually heard direct quotes from Cutler?? It is all Bus Cook and a lot of 'people familiar with the organization or friends of cutler,' yet I haven't exactly heard Cutler go on sportscenter, 1st and 10 or any other media outlet and say any of this.

I understand some want him to stop acting like a whiny school boy and be more of the good soldier, but honestly, he could be acting a lot worse.

If Cutler wanted to, he could assuage the situation. He's chosen not to. He obviously supports whatever his agent is putting out there.

Frankly, in today's NFL, I don't really care what he says. It may be a sad indictment of the league, but if he's not shooting, driving under the influence, beating his wife, or otherwise making it rain, I'm not going to get too worked up over it.

Do you think any QB with an understanding of leadership and what it takes to be a frachise player allows this circus to continue? I don't. Your agent is speaking and acting on your behalf. If you don't approve of what they said or did, you need to address it immediately.

Hold a press conference. Put this thing to bed or make a legitimate attempt at it, and continue to deny and manage the situation in the press. Look in the camera and say this repeatedly until they stop asking....

"I am committed to the Denver Broncos 100% and look forward to bringing a SB to Denver. I love my teammates and my coaches and I couldn't envision playing anywhere else. I want to be a Denver Bronco and retire a Denver Bronco. Period."

Then go back to your GM and HC and tell them to entertain trade offers to move you th F out of Dodge ASAP.

Do you think any QB with an understanding of leadership and what it takes to be a frachise player allows this circus to continue? I don't. Your agent is speaking and acting on your behalf. If you don't approve of what they said or did, you need to address it immediately.

Hold a press conference. Put this thing to bed or make a legitimate attempt at it, and continue to deny and manage the situation in the press. Look in the camera and say this repeatedly until they stop asking....

"I am committed to the Denver Broncos 100% and look forward to bringing a SB to Denver. I love my teammates and my coaches and I couldn't envision playing anywhere else. I want to be a Denver Bronco and retire a Denver Bronco. Period."

Then go back to your GM and HC and tell them to entertain trade offers to move you th F out of Dodge ASAP.

Hell no

Cutler is in right here,

No way cutler will or should play for this 32 year old a$$clown

spermanator;

Actually, Ryan said in his introductory press conference that his Jets would be an aggressive team on both sides of the ball. So I don't know where this notion that he wants to be Pittsburgh offensively comes from.

So far, with the exception of re-signing Brandon Moore, the Jets have made no significant moves on offense this offseason.

We have no real idea what Ryan wants this team to look like offensively other than his desire to be aggresive.

One thing I hope he learned from his time in Baltimore is that you need a good QB to win.

How many more championships could that team had won if it had one? They had a legendarily great defense in 2000. They then spent the next 8 years spinning their wheels because they couldn't score.

Had they gotten any kind of consistently solid play from the QB position, they would have won a lot more games and seriously contended for more SBs.

So if Ryan is true to his word and wants this team to be aggressive on offense,

Cutler would be the perfect fit.

Archived