Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

spermanator;

I'd like your feedback on an angle to the cutler dealio;

"would he fit in with what Ryan is trying to accomplish as far as how the jets will be structured to win games ?"

my point being his laser focus on defense and special teams this offseason leads me to believe he is going with the pitts and balt style where you may be looking at 17 pass attempts in a winning effort, where the idea is for the defesne and ST to give the offense a short field, and the offense is more or less a running attack with some PA mixed in

would it make sense to trade 2 #1's (and probably more) for a gunslinger good for 1 turover a game, when a low turnover, high efficiency game manager would do the trick ?

it seems like an odd marriage to me, like santana moss and pennington

My answer is: YES.

Roethlisberger would be the same careless gunslinger had he been drafted by Denver.

You want to run the ball, you have to create room to run. That comes from the OL (we have that) and the threat of a pass that will challenge the defense deep. It isn't enough to just chuck one deep every game for an incomplete pass. You complete passes deep. You make them pay deep. And it opens up underneath. If they still stay in stacking the box, you let Cutler throw the ball 35x.

You don't keep running the ball when the holes aren't there because that's what you want to do. If you have a Kellen Clemens in there, you still have to run the ball because he's not going to beat them deep (even though he more than has the arm). The threat isn't there because the threat is not real. Like when we had Chad (though for different causes; that was his weak arm).

He fits any gameplan unless he's simply too stupid to grasp the playbook.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i would not bring up Leons name in any trade with them

the 3 listed above are not real good and all have been injury prone

Leon? What is the love affair with him?!?! Yes Hes great on special teams..but hes a third down back at best.. and if he needs to go to get a FRANCHISE qb here for the next 10 years... Then he goes...

Do you think any QB with an understanding of leadership and what it takes to be a frachise player allows this circus to continue? I don't.

Perhaps having a young Head Coach, with 0 experience, coming in and in his first act as HC trying to trade you for a far inferior QB does something to undermine your leadership of the team.

Hell no

Cutler is in right here,

No way cutler will or should play for this 32 year old a$$clown

Found this on a website called Barstoolsports.com and thought it was funny enough to post (incite). Enjoy ;) :

Daily News - Jay Cutler wants out of Denver and the Jets have told the Broncos they want him if they decide to trade him.

Multiple sources told the Daily News Sunday at the opening of the NFL meetings that Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum contacted the Broncos to let them know the Jets are very interested in trading for Cutler. But the Jets have yet to make a trade offer, and the Broncos have not said what they want, because Denver has not determined the Cutler situation is beyond repair. But this much is clear: The Jets are definitely in the Cutler Derby... Cutler is upset that McDaniels tried to deal him to Tampa Bay in a three-way deal that would have brought Matt Cassel from New England to Denver. He was further incensed when McDaniels didn't appease him in a face-to-face meeting after Cassel wound up being traded to Kansas City. The Jets will face strong competition from the Bucs and Bears if Cutler is available. Last summer, the Jets outbid the Bucs for Brett Favre.

Could this be real? Or am I only dreaming it? The Jets might get Jay Cutler? They might actually be getting the most divisive, self-centered, me-first asshat quarterback in the NFL to replace last years most divisive, self-centered, me-first asshat quarterback in the NFL. I'd think it possible, but it sounds too good to be true. Here I was, dreading next season. Pondering how much less fun the AFC East would be with the Jets stuck with an anonymous nobody like Kellen Clemens under center instead of a petulant, unity-destroying diva. Worried about how I was going to find ways to mock NY football press without an overrated, self-absorbed dickhead to stand at the center of their circle jerk. And now, at the depths of my despair Jay Cutler might come along to fill the void. It's a miracle. And as a bonus, Jets fans will get all ginked up about Cutler riding to their rescue just like they did with Brettfavre last year, only to find out the hard way that championships are won by real leaders who put their team first, not tempermental egomaniacs who get sand in their vaginas every time their name gets mentioned in a trade rumor.

Please, Tannebaum, make this deal happen. Look how well it worked out for you last year.

Perhaps having a young Head Coach, with 0 experience, coming in and in his first act as HC trying to trade you for a far inferior QB does something to undermine your leadership of the team.

I just can't shake this image from my head of Josh McDaniel (what the hell kind of a name is Josh for a football coah?) surrounded by a pack of reporters in a hotel lobby, crying like TO saying "that's my quarterback!"

Found this on a website called Barstoolsports.com and thought it was funny enough to post (incite). Enjoy ;)

Daily News - Jay Cutler wants out of Denver and the Jets have told the Broncos they want him if they decide to trade him.

Multiple sources told the Daily News Sunday at the opening of the NFL meetings that Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum contacted the Broncos to let them know the Jets are very interested in trading for Cutler. But the Jets have yet to make a trade offer, and the Broncos have not said what they want, because Denver has not determined the Cutler situation is beyond repair. But this much is clear: The Jets are definitely in the Cutler Derby... Cutler is upset that McDaniels tried to deal him to Tampa Bay in a three-way deal that would have brought Matt Cassel from New England to Denver. He was further incensed when McDaniels didn't appease him in a face-to-face meeting after Cassel wound up being traded to Kansas City. The Jets will face strong competition from the Bucs and Bears if Cutler is available. Last summer, the Jets outbid the Bucs for Brett Favre.

Could this be real? Or am I only dreaming it? The Jets might get Jay Cutler? They might actually be getting the most divisive, self-centered, me-first asshat quarterback in the NFL to replace last years most divisive, self-centered, me-first asshat quarterback in the NFL. I'd think it possible, but it sounds too good to be true. Here I was, dreading next season. Pondering how much less fun the AFC East would be with the Jets stuck with an anonymous nobody like Kellen Clemens under center instead of a petulant, unity-destroying diva. Worried about how I was going to find ways to mock NY football press without an overrated, self-absorbed dickhead to stand at the center of their circle jerk. And now, at the depths of my despair Jay Cutler might come along to fill the void. It's a miracle. And as a bonus, Jets fans will get all ginked up about Cutler riding to their rescue just like they did with Brettfavre last year, only to find out the hard way that championships are won by real leaders who put their team first, not tempermental egomaniacs who get sand in their vaginas every time their name gets mentioned in a trade rumor.

Please, Tannebaum, make this deal happen. Look how well it worked out for you last year.

Where does Cutler get this rep as a "unity destroying diva?" Other than his reaction to his new 14-year-old head coach trying to dump him in favor of a ridiculously inferior talent, which is an understandable reaction, he has done absolutely nothing to suggest that he is a "unity destroying diva."

So stop making **** up. Or keep telling yourself that and watch when the Jets piss all over the Pats twice this year.

Found this on a website called Barstoolsports.com and thought it was funny enough to post (incite). Enjoy ;) :

Scared?

Where does Cutler get this rep as a "unity destroying diva?" Other than his reaction to his new 14-year-old head coach trying to dump him in favor of a ridiculously inferior talent, which is an understandable reaction, he has done absolutely nothing to suggest that he is a "unity destroying diva."

So stop making **** up. Or keep telling yourself that and watch when the Jets piss all over the Pats twice this year.

Yo, dippy, as stated, I found the article (including the last paragraph of commentary ) on BarstoolSports.com. The writer "made it up" not me.

The "incite" was all mine though. An edumacated guess. Hahahahahahaaa

BTW - Barstool Sports is meant for a decidely pro-Boston Sports audience...although the "daily hottie" and the daily "guess that ass" sections would appeal to pretty much any male regardless of team affiliation. I don't think he's scared though. I mean, Pats Fans are too c*cky to be scared. ;)

I donlt think he's scared though. I mean, Pats Fans are too c*cky to be scared. ;)

Which is why I travel up to New England every year now to see the Jets beat the Patriots so I can walk out of that stadium with all the Mass-holes hanging their heads. Its good times.

They should be used to losing.

After all, they are Red Sox fans who are bored in the winter.

Yo, dippy, as stated, I found the article (including the last paragraph of commentary ) on BarstoolSports.com. The writer "made it up" not me.

The "incite" was all mine though. An edumacated guess. Hahahahahahaaa

BTW - Barstool Sports is meant for a decidely pro-Boston Sports audience...although the "daily hottie" and the daily "guess that ass" sections would appeal to pretty much any male regardless of team affiliation. I don't think he's scared though. I mean, Pats Fans are too c*cky to be scared. ;)

****y - true. Pussies - true. Scared becaus they are ****y pussies who cant back up there attitude - true.

That's just it. It is NOT an understandable reaction. At least not for a leader of men. This is the expected reaction of a child.

In theory I don't have any issue with McDouche, a new coach comes in and looks to establish himself as the big dog, and doesn't cowtow to the players. He is doing exactly what he should be doing, and attacking McDouche for establishing himself as the law is wrong. A new coach has to come in and get the respect of the team. Now in practice McDouche may have screwed the pooch or gotten screwed by Belly on his first day, he is a young coach learning on the job. But that's not an excuse for Cutler to turn into a bitch. point is Cutler should have come in with open arms and ingratiated himself to the new regime. He is supposed to be the leader and conduit for the coaching staff to the team.

YES. McDouche is an imbecile, and yes, he screwed up the deal for Cassell (a guy he know and knows his system and a guy he felt could trust to get results quickly). I think he is wrong to value Cassell over Cutler, but he did. So be it. He's the coach and it's his job on the line so it's his call. If Cutler felt slighted by that, too friggin bad. It's a business, go put on your big boy pants and go out there and perform to the best of your abilities and prove them wrong.

And not that his current actions are helping team unity. But the label of unity destroying diva comes more from the various rumors and sources claiming he is not liked in his own locker room than any of his current actions. SI.com posted it recently, as did the beat reporter from Vanderbuilt in a follow up on Cutler in Denver shortly after he was drafted there. Plummer likened him to Jeff George and Marshall refused to speak with him last offseason saying he was not fond of Cutler and didn't need to talk to him in the offseason. Now for every Cutler superfan out there they will try and discredit all of these sources - Plummer, sour grapes, Marshall is a stupid criminal, SI.com sucks anyway, Vandy's beat reporter is sad because Vandy sucks balls....whatever the case you want to build there is a lot of smoke here for there to be no fire and not one player has come up in Jay's corner with all of this. And unless Jay has TO's publicist employed over there, the first strategy for attacking negative PR is to drum up your own positive press with family, friends and peers.

That's just it. It is NOT an understandable reaction. At least not for a leader of men. This is the expected reaction of a child.

In theory I don't have any issue with McDouche, a new coach comes in and looks to establish himself as the big dog, and doesn't cowtow to the players. He is doing exactly what he should be doing, and attacking McDouche for establishing himself as the law is wrong. A new coach has to come in and get the respect of the team. Now in practice McDouche may have screwed the pooch or gotten screwed by Belly on his first day, he is a young coach learning on the job. But that's not an excuse for Cutler to turn into a bitch. point is Cutler should have come in with open arms and ingratiated himself to the new regime. He is supposed to be the leader and conduit for the coaching staff to the team.

YES. McDouche is an imbecile, and yes, he screwed up the deal for Cassell (a guy he know and knows his system and a guy he felt could trust to get results quickly). I think he is wrong to value Cassell over Cutler, but he did. So be it. He's the coach and it's his job on the line so it's his call. If Cutler felt slighted by that, too friggin bad. It's a business, go put on your big boy pants and go out there and perform to the best of your abilities and prove them wrong.

And not that his current actions are helping team unity. But the label of unity destroying diva comes more from the various rumors and sources claiming he is not liked in his own locker room than any of his current actions. SI.com posted it recently, as did the beat reporter from Vanderbuilt in a follow up on Cutler in Denver shortly after he was drafted there. Plummer likened him to Jeff George and Marshall refused to speak with him last offseason saying he was not fond of Cutler and didn't need to talk to him in the offseason. Now for every Cutler superfan out there they will try and discredit all of these sources - Plummer, sour grapes, Marshall is a stupid criminal, SI.com sucks anyway, Vandy's beat reporter is sad because Vandy sucks balls....whatever the case you want to build there is a lot of smoke here for there to be no fire and not one player has come up in Jay's corner with all of this. And unless Jay has TO's publicist employed over there, the first strategy for attacking negative PR is to drum up your own positive press with family, friends and peers.

Brandon Marshall is a F'n idiot, to include him in discussion is assinine

JC is a c0cky arrogant QB, i get it and want him...need another SB before i die

JWN was c0cky and brash too and gawd love him, how would the media

treat JWN today?

Brandon Marshall is a F'n idiot, to include him in discussion is assinine

JC is a c0cky arrogant QB, i get it and want him...need another SB before i die

JWN was c0cky and brash too and gawd love him, how would the media

treat JWN today?

Yes you are already on record saying you would give up anything and everything to get Jay Cutler Franchise Savior. Poblem is you may not be getting what you think you are getting.

Yes you are already on record saying you would give up anything and everything to get Jay Cutler Franchise Savior. Poblem is you may not be getting what you think you are getting.

i know what we are getting

and in JWN style am guaranteeing 12-4 or Poof... afo el morte

or

Down goes afo (insert Cosell's voice)

JWN was c0cky and brash too and gawd love him, how would the media treat JWN today?

Namath would be despised today. And it's not like the owners have gotten more draconian or the media has become more complicit. People are just plain dumber.

Namath would be despised today. And it's not like the owners have gotten more draconian or the media has become more complicit. People are just plain dumber.

Yes he would for sure

and I would still love him

He was my hero growing up

Fine be pissed silently. Show your coach he is an idiot for even thinking that by taking the opportunity and slamming shut the door on any talk about another QB by dominating and proving that you are in fact, a franchise QB. Grow up and realize there is no such thing as a guaranteed spot and you need to prove yourself everyday in this life. You get a new boss, that's the breaks, you break your ass to ensure you are looked at as a indespensible resource. What you don't do is go be Jay Cutler and do everything he has done to this point. Get some backbone, and pride and professionalism and show up and take what is yours and continue to grow and mature and become a f*ing leader in that lockerroom. If you do that, you'll likely outlast the coach and get respect from all those around you caling you out as a docuhe and a whiner and a smug, smarmy classless little jagoff.

In short - GO ACT LIKE A F*ING PROFESSIONAL and don't be, well, Jay Cutler.

Right. Because no professional in any other field is going to look to leave a situation where he feels unappreciated. Even if there's a lot more money in it for him somewhere else. You know, because he's a pro, and that's what pros do.

Do you think any QB with an understanding of leadership and what it takes to be a frachise player allows this circus to continue? I don't. Your agent is speaking and acting on your behalf. If you don't approve of what they said or did, you need to address it immediately.

Hold a press conference. Put this thing to bed or make a legitimate attempt at it, and continue to deny and manage the situation in the press. Look in the camera and say this repeatedly until they stop asking....

"I am committed to the Denver Broncos 100% and look forward to bringing a SB to Denver. I love my teammates and my coaches and I couldn't envision playing anywhere else. I want to be a Denver Bronco and retire a Denver Bronco. Period."

Then go back to your GM and HC and tell them to entertain trade offers to move you th F out of Dodge ASAP.

This won't work, either. Denver feels no pressure to trade Jay Cutler unless there's public pressure. They tried to trade him without talking to him first, why should he be giving them any consideration. Maybe they'd've gotten that if they were upfront with the player in the first place. Maybe not, though. Jay wants out, and while he ego might be stoked if the team that gets him has to give up a lot, it's in his future best interests that the price be driven down somewhat so that his new team isn't depleted.

You may not like it, but he has every right to be pissed, and he's going about it in the way that's most likely to get him what he wants - out.

Link?

Specifics?

You got any? A quote maybe? Something other than what you heard some dude who called in to Mike Francesca say?

The guy is a flaky guy with a rifle arm and a gunslingers attitude. The media used to love guys like that, now they portray them as spoiled diva athletes.

I got news for ya, if Cutler comes to the Jets and keeps throwing for 4500 yards and 25 TDs every year, I don't care if he jerks off in team meetings like Charles Haley used to and neither will you.

Link?

Specifics?

You got any? A quote maybe? Something other than what you heard some dude who called in to Mike Francesca say?

The guy is a flaky guy with a rifle arm and a gunslingers attitude. The media used to love guys like that, now they portray them as spoiled diva athletes.

I got news for ya, if Cutler comes to the Jets and keeps throwing for 4500 yards and 25 TDs every year, I don't care if he jerks off in team meetings like Charles Haley used to and neither will you.[/QUOTE]

lol

Interesting jets in SB 2012 and win it and then world explodes into a ball

of fire...will we have time to smack talk?

JC

"JC superstar"...i love that song!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they play that instead of Sweet Caroline

JC to slay the anti-Christ

it all makes sense now..........oh my

rrriiiigggghtttt...in this PC world, what are the chances of "Jesus Christ Superstar" ever being heard at pro stadium during a football game? Which leads me to this silly off topic comment: How exactly did "Sweet Caroline" stadium staple. I don't get it.

Anyway, back on semi-topic.

Interesting notion, loving the c*cky QB. I mean, you want your QB to be confident and somewhat arrogant. That's what you all call Brady, right ;) I agree that Namath would be crucified today - certainly by opposing fanbases. Shoot, I bet they would call him gay or something. All those beauties he would be seen with? They would be called beards. I bet that opposing fans would just ride that gay ship for years....well past it's funny. Yah, I bet something like that would happen to good 'ole Joe.

I got news for ya, if Cutler comes to the Jets and keeps throwing for 4500 yards and 25 TDs every year, I don't care if he jerks off in team meetings like Charles Haley used to and neither will you.

:rl:

Leon? What is the love affair with him?!?! Yes Hes great on special teams..but hes a third down back at best.. and if he needs to go to get a FRANCHISE qb here for the next 10 years... Then he goes...

He's the biggest game breaker we have. Any time he touches the ball on ST or Offense he's a threat to bring it to the house. Unfortunately, he hasn't been used correctly thus far. Don't know if that's Schotty or Mangini's doing.

You seem willing to trade anyone on the team for Cutler. I don't think you trade a great player to get a great player. You give up draft picks and/or average players.

rrriiiigggghtttt...in this PC world, what are the chances of "Jesus Christ Superstar" ever being heard at pro stadium during a football game? Which leads me to this silly off topic comment: How exactly did "Sweet Caroline" stadium staple. I don't get it.

Anyway, back on semi-topic.

Interesting notion, loving the c*cky QB. I mean, you want your QB to be confident and somewhat arrogant. That's what you all call Brady, right ;) I agree that Namath would be crucified today - certainly by opposing fanbases. Shoot, I bet they would call him gay or something. All those beauties he would be seen with? They would be called beards. I bet that opposing fans would just ride that gay ship for years....well past it's funny. Yah, I bet something like that would happen to good 'ole Joe.

Big difference between JWN and Cindy

Joe Ain't Ghey

JWN guaranteed a SB victory as a large underdog

Cindy as big favorite said " Come on we are not going to score 17 points":bwahaharoll:

Big difference between JWN and Cindy

Joe Ain't Ghey

JWN guaranteed a SB victory as a large underdog

Cindy as big favorite said " Come on we are not going to score 17 points":bwahaharoll:

I heard quite a few consipracy theories about that victory ;)

Give it a rest Assmop. The "ghey" sh*t jumped the shark about two years ago. Grow up.

I just know that if Namath did a panty-hose commercial NOW - he would be cruicified. CRUCIFIED. His partying ways would be PTI and Around the Horn Fodder. Mediots would have a field day. People would question his commitment, ability to handle liqore and blaming it for his td to int ratio.

I heard quite a few consipracy theories about that victory ;)

Give it a rest Assmop. The "ghey" sh*t jumped the shark about two years ago. Grow up.

I just know that if Namath did a panty-hose commercial NOW - he would be cruicified. CRUCIFIED. His partying ways would be PTI and Around the Horn Fodder. Mediots would have a field day. People would question his commitment, ability to handle liqore and blaming it for his td to int ratio.

Could you imagine if--in some bizarre scenario--Namath actually tried to kiss a reporter on live TV while being loaded out of his mind? That is such a far fetched concept that I should delete this post.

Archived