Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we still need help (I believe) at the LBer position and also, as you said on the DE-both sides... at CB we'll probably eventually sign Samari Rolle

Ratliff and Nicks will be enough to get this team all the way if Rex gets the D going as good as he would like... :lol:

Broncos | Cutler intends to report to minicamp

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 05:59:00 -0700

Vic Lombardi, of CBS4 Denver, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler said he plans to show up at the team's mandatory minicamp in April.

Hopefully to clean out his locker....

Vernon Gholston will have 8+ sacks. Book it.

I wouldnt doubt it... Rex is sure as hell gonna give him the chance to unlike Mangini...

The real issue is can he be an every down LBer... thats what the JETs really need from him...

Perhaps Ryan can figure out a way to unlock Gholston's potential and save him from becoming known as another Mike Mamula, a scouting combine phenom who looked good in a tank top but couldn't perform on Sundays.

I'll sign right now if Gholston can give the Jets the 6+ sacks a season that Mamula averaged for his career.

PS: In the end, Cutler stays a Bronco.

A modern day Bruce Harper? Yeah, that's not worth a top QB. Washington is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball, but so is Ted Ginn Jr and you laughed when Miami picked him 9th overall. Do you really think Leon is so valuable with only one year left on his deal?

Try re-reading my post. I said Cutler for Leon straight up would be a different story - but that scenario isn't going to happen.

I wouldnt doubt it... Rex is sure as hell gonna give him the chance to unlike Mangini...

The real issue is can he be an every down LBer... thats what the JETs really need from him...

I hope so too-let's face it Bryan Thomas dis-a-focking-ppeared after Thanksgiving...Gholston SHOULD have been given more plays, instead of "oh well he looked bad there, let's deactivate him next week"

Gholston has to be good... as it sits the JETS need to only allow 10 points per game to win... I doubt the offense puts up multiple TDs the way it is...

The Jets should be used to it. Remember, in Chad's 64 Jets starts the offense had more than 2 TD drives only 20 times. The best scoring average the Jets ever had under Chad was 21.5 ppg.

The Jets should be used to it. Remember, in Chad's 64 Jets starts the offense had more than 2 TD drives only 20 times. The best scoring average the Jets ever had under Chad was 21.5 ppg.

With 21.5 ppg and a Rex Ryan D... wow... that would be interesting...

we still need help (I believe) at the LBer position and also, as you said on the DE-both sides... at CB we'll probably eventually sign Samari Rolle

I'm still not sure about Rolle. He's good enough, no doubt and would be a huge upgrade over Lowery, just not sure I want so much money invested in THREE CB's. Rolle will be looking for starter money IMO, and I doubt he'll start over Lito.

I don't think we need major help at LB, just some depth which I'd expect us to target in the later rounds of the draft. Getting depth all over the front 7 is huge.

I hope so too-let's face it Bryan Thomas dis-a-focking-ppeared after Thanksgiving...Gholston SHOULD have been given more plays, instead of "oh well he looked bad there, let's deactivate him next week"

Mangini did a terrible job with him IMO, Ryan I'm optimisti about. He's had a history of working with young players similar to Gholston and developing them into studs.

I'm really unsure over whether or not I can stomach another year of Bryan Thomas. Hopefully Gholston can prove himself in camp and preseason and earn the starting spot.

I'm still not sure about Rolle. He's good enough, no doubt and would be a huge upgrade over Lowery, just not sure I want so much money invested in THREE CB's. Rolle will be looking for starter money IMO, and I doubt he'll start over Lito.

Nah... I think Rolle will come pretty cheap. He's still waiting to hear better offers than what the Jets have on the table, but no one's calling.

I also think that Lowery will be the team's #2 CB before the season's done. I think he's a lot better than he gets credit for around here. He had one bad game and never got back out of Mangini's high security dog house. He showed a lot of promise as a fourth round rookie drawing excessive attention as the CB opposite Revis.

Jets | Ryan believes Schottenheimer will be head coach in 2010

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:57:57 -0700

Tim Graham, of ESPN.com, reports New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan said he believes offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer will be a head coach for a team in 2010.

Jets | Ryan believes Schottenheimer will be head coach in 2010

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:57:57 -0700

Tim Graham, of ESPN.com, reports New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan said he believes offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer will be a head coach for a team in 2010.

Tim Graham is having a hard time finding stories today huh.

REPORT: VIKINGS PULLED OUT OF CUTLER TALKS LAST MONTH

Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2009, 10:42 p.m.

As the effort continues to identify teams that might be interested in trading for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, one of the franchises presumably on the short list reportedly opted to bow out last month.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, the Vikings were involved in three-team talks that would have brought Cutler to Minnesota.

But the Vikings bowed out because, as Robinson writes,

to who no one knows...I doubt it's to us

Broncos | Cutler could be traded by the NFL Draft

Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:55:02 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports if the Denver Broncos decide to trade QB Jay Cutler, they will do so by the NFL Draft. If Cutler's protest continues until then and he isn't traded, the Broncos will have decided to treat him as a "holdout," although in official terms, his first mandatory report date isn't until June 12.

McJaygate: Day 30

It all began Feb. 28 when Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler learned his new coach, Josh McDaniels, considered trading him to Tampa Bay in a proposed three-team deal that would have made Matt Cassel the Broncos' new quarterback. The deal didn't happen, but Cutler and McDaniels have since been estranged. Two subsequent conversations have been futile and on March 15, Cutler formally requested a trade and he has yet to report to the team's offseason conditioning program. Today is Day 30 of the saga:

What's new: McDaniels has let Cutler know he wants to talk, but so far Cutler has responded only by text. Each day Cutler holds out closes the window in corresponding increments on his return.

The diss: McJaygate figures to last no longer than Day 57, which would bring the Broncos to the NFL draft. If the Broncos trade Cutler, they will do so by draft day. If his protest continues until then and he isn't traded, the Broncos will have decided to treat him as a "holdout," although in official terms, his first mandatory report date isn't until June 12.

The gut: While several teams continue to communicate their interest in Cutler, the Broncos have not responded. They remain intent on bringing Cutler back. BodogLife.com has made the Broncos the heavy favorite at 5-to-9 (bet $9 to win $5) as Cutler's team at the start of the season. The Jets ( 7/2) are next, followed by Detroit ( 4/1) and Tampa Bay ( 6/1).

to who no one knows...I doubt it's to us

Broncos | Cutler could be traded by the NFL Draft

Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:55:02 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports if the Denver Broncos decide to trade QB Jay Cutler, they will do so by the NFL Draft. If Cutler's protest continues until then and he isn't traded, the Broncos will have decided to treat him as a "holdout," although in official terms, his first mandatory report date isn't until June 12.

McJaygate: Day 30

It all began Feb. 28 when Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler learned his new coach, Josh McDaniels, considered trading him to Tampa Bay in a proposed three-team deal that would have made Matt Cassel the Broncos' new quarterback. The deal didn't happen, but Cutler and McDaniels have since been estranged. Two subsequent conversations have been futile and on March 15, Cutler formally requested a trade and he has yet to report to the team's offseason conditioning program. Today is Day 30 of the saga:

What's new: McDaniels has let Cutler know he wants to talk, but so far Cutler has responded only by text. Each day Cutler holds out closes the window in corresponding increments on his return.

The diss: McJaygate figures to last no longer than Day 57, which would bring the Broncos to the NFL draft. If the Broncos trade Cutler, they will do so by draft day. If his protest continues until then and he isn't traded, the Broncos will have decided to treat him as a "holdout," although in official terms, his first mandatory report date isn't until June 12.

The gut: While several teams continue to communicate their interest in Cutler, the Broncos have not responded. They remain intent on bringing Cutler back. BodogLife.com has made the Broncos the heavy favorite at 5-to-9 (bet $9 to win $5) as Cutler's team at the start of the season. The Jets ( 7/2) are next, followed by Detroit ( 4/1) and Tampa Bay ( 6/1).

Stop toying with my emotions!!!

Stop toying with my emotions!!!

I've been thinking how the Jets have been playing the Good Cop, Bad Cop routine with Cutler. Rex Ryan keeps saying we don't need another QB while Mike T is working frantically behind the scenes to try and get this done. It's a smart tactic, while one works hard at not ruining either Ratliff's or Clemens' confidence the other is concerned at trying to make the team better...potentially anyway.

March 30, 2009

Cutler forfeits $100,000 bonus

The Denver Post reports that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler "forfeited his $100,000 workout bonus as he already missed more than 10 percent of the sessions."

The paper says Cutler is scheduled to make $1.035 million this season.

Thanks for posting the articles, SFJ.

As to the first article, I think it's a no brainer. Denver is still putting together its draft board. Once the draft is here they'd have a clear idea of whom would likely be available to draft if they got certain picks from certain teams.

Thanks for posting the articles, SFJ.

As to the first article, I think it's a no brainer. Denver is still putting together its draft board. Once the draft is here they'd have a clear idea of whom would likely be available to draft if they got certain picks from certain teams.

this guy clearly doesn't want to play for Denver or the c*ocky-assed HC they now have there

this guy clearly doesn't want to play for Denver or the c*ocky-assed HC they now have there

Now that the Broncos did not pay him the $100K, I wonder if that would make him more intent on getting traded or make him say, "screw it, let's worth this out"?

Draft Day 2009 -

Roger Goodell: The New Jets are on the clock.

five minutes later

Goodell: We have a trade. The New York Jets have traded their first round pick in the 2009 draft, their first round pick in the 2010 draft and Brett Ratliff to the Denver Broncos for Jay Cutler.

lancemehl: (crying) NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived