***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

Now that the Broncos did not pay him the $100K, I wonder if that would make him more intent on getting traded or make him say, "screw it, let's worth this out"?

It has already reached that level, JC will not speak with Joshie and there

are now reports he may not attend April 17 minicamp

The team that acquires him, will most likely rework deal and this $100k

will be a drop in the bucket

get it done tannie.....

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we do it, I know it will cost a lot. And for a young, proven, franchise QB with a cannon arm, it will be worth it. But please, let the deal not include Revis. That is all I ask.

That's ALL you ask?

How about only 1 1st round pick and another no higher than a 3rd.

No starting players involved under 29.

How about we recoup some draft picks in the process...Say a 1st and 3rd next year to them and we get a 4th next year and we swap picks in the 2nd round this year.

How about NOT giving "Whatever it takes", but instead crafting a "Good, Smart deal for a reasonable amount to get us a player with his issues and attitude problem and work ethic."

For crissakes people STOP making this guy the be all end all of NFL QBs.

HE'S NOT.

That's ALL you ask?

How about we recoup some draft picks in the process...Say a 1st and 3rd next year to them and we get a 4th next year and we swap picks in the 2nd round this year.

How about NOT giving "Whatever it takes", but instead crafting a "Good, Smart deal for a reasonable amount to get us a player with his issues and attitude problem and work ethic."

HE'S NOT.

suck on some turtle soup will ya

That's ALL you ask?

HE'S NOT.

I assume Mr. T will make the best possible deal from the Jets' perspective. That goes without saying. And you are delusional if you think we can get him for something like a 1 and a 3. All I am saying is, I do not want Revis part of the deal.

Draft Day 2009 -

Roger Goodell: The New Jets are on the clock.

five minutes later

Goodell: We have a trade. The New York Jets have traded their first round pick in the 2009 draft, their first round pick in the 2010 draft and Brett Ratliff to the Denver Broncos for Jay Cutler.

lancemehl: (crying) NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine if they throw in Caulcrick!

I assume Mr. T will make the best possible deal from the Jets' perspective. That goes without saying. And you are delusional if you think we can get him for something like a 1 and a 3. All I am saying is, I do not want Revis part of the deal.

How is it delusional. Fans are not out there crafting the deals. FO execs are, guys whose jobs are on the line. And like it or not, these folks generally don't make it a practice to overpay for other peoples problem children.

It has already reached that level, JC will not speak with Joshie and there

are now reports he may not attend April 17 minicamp

The team that acquires him, will most likely rework deal and this $100k

will be a drop in the bucket

get it done tannie.....

I'm not as comfortable as you in saying that. The April 17 minicamp is HUGE. If he fails to show (it's mandatory and he can get fined), then it's over in Denver IMO.

If he shows I think the jury will still be out through the selections on draft day.

I'm not as comfortable as you in saying that. The April 17 minicamp is HUGE. If he fails to show (it's mandatory and he can get fined), then it's over in Denver IMO.

If he shows I think the jury will still be out through the selections on draft day.

i do not believe he can be fined

The fines start in June I believe

How is it delusional. Fans are not out there crafting the deals. FO execs are, guys whose jobs are on the line. And like it or not, these folks generally don't make it a practice to overpay for other peoples problem children.

You are right. Fans don't make the deals. They think of deals like a 1 and a 3 for a Jay Cutler and don't understand why it doesn't happen. In the real world, both sides have to believe the deal is equitable, or it doesn't happen, unless there are extreme mitigating circumstances that cause one side to lose leverage. A QB with hurt feelings is not one of those circumstances.

i do not believe he can be fined

The fines start in June I believe

You may be right, but I remember them mentioning a mandatory minicamp in April. If it's mandatory I believe the play can be fined.

Draft Day 2009 -

five minutes later

Goodell: We have a trade. The New York Jets have traded their first round pick in the 2009 draft, their first round pick in the 2010 draft and Brett Ratliff to the Denver Broncos for Jay Cutler.

Lance won't be the only one crying. Half the Jets fans there will off themselves.

Am I the only one tired of this Jay Cutler talk?

I'm tired of the talk and want action. I'm not advocating us getting him but if we are I'd like us to do it already so we can stop reading pointless speculation about it.

Draft Day 2009 -

five minutes later

Not that I wouldn't consider doing that but I can just see that happening and Ratliff goes on to become a 7 time pro-bowler, 2 time league MVP, 1 superbowl mvp. That is the kind of thing that happens to the Jets

Draft Day 2009 -

five minutes later

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! I WANT CUTLER BEFORE ANYONE!!!!!!!!! AT LEAST GET MY PREFERENCES RIGHT!

I will take JAY Cutler and lose Ratliff and draft picks and yes, i would cry.....tears of absolute joy!!!!!!!!!JOY!!!!!!!!!!

no surprise, proof you don't read my posts. big deal. I'm Cutler's #1 fan, but if not Cutler, I want Rat or KC to be THE MAN. I think Rat has the talent and I like to support guys like that. Underdogs.

But Jay Cutler, anyone who would cry over that scenerio is a certifiable insane man.

Archived