Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not my fault you change your opinion about 5 times a day on who our starting QB should be.

It's Jay Cutler time baby.

How so?

I want Kellen Clemens to be the QB if we cannot get Jay Cutler.

And I still think Vick would've been a great addition to compete with Clemens, but the Jets axed that one away quickly.

Not much changing.

How so?

I want Kellen Clemens to be the QB if we cannot get Jay Cutler.

And I still think Vick would've been a great addition to compete with Clemens, but the Jets axed that one away quickly.

Not much changing.

I saw like 3 other QBs.

I don't want to make excuses for the guy, but if the defense can't get off the field it's tough for the offense to score points. And if the defense puts your QB in a position where he's behind, he's likely to be taking more chances with the football.

And his int percentage wasn't bad. #4 in int's, but #2 in pass attempts? Not bad for a second year starter.

Ever think that the reason their D was on the field so much was because of C utlers turnovers ?

I just don't see us having the ammo OR the will to surrender the 2 1st rounders (this and next years) that we will have to give up to get him. Also, have we EVER made a deal with Denver? I can't remember one time in all my years of being a Jets fan of us making a deal with Denver. Even Jeb Putzier was snatched back away from our greasy little fingers a few years ago. It ain't happening guys, move on get over it...

you want average teams i take....

thank gawd saban gets us the best playas

we saw what happened with shula

I just don't like Cutler. He's shown his total immaturity through this whole fiasco. You DON'T need that quality in your QB. He's prone to picks and fumbles. He doesn't fit the ball control scheme we're trying to do with the O.

I just don't see us having the ammo OR the will to surrender the 2 1st rounders (this and next years) that we will have to give up to get him. Also, have we EVER made a deal with Bus Cook or Denver? I can't remember one time in all my years of being a Jets fan of us making a deal with Denver. Even Jeb Putzier was snatched back away from our greasy little fingers a few years ago. It ain't happening guys, move on get over it...

Right and he continues to resign with Denver. He would have been a good fit here. The only Denver deal I can recall was basically giving them DRob.

Jay Cutler was for being traded before he was against it

Because the Jay Cutler situation wasn't strange enough already...

Fox's Jay Glazer runs into the quarterback Wednesday at the UFC Fight Night 18 card in Nashville and says the following:

"I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon," Cutler said. "I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. (The Broncos) had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't."

"I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far."

To review:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on the night of March 15, the day after Josh McDaniels met with Cutler and his agent, Bus Cook, that the pair requested a trade. Which the Broncos verified.

"The Denver Broncos confirm that Jay Cutler has requested a trade," a team spokesman told the AP March 16.

Cutler, during what seemed an unambiguous interview, told Mortensen March 15, "Really, it's best for me to move on."

Cutler, a tremendously talented quarterback, needs to stop debating himself in public.

It's going to take, at minimum, the Jets' first-round pick (No. 17) and another high pick to land Cutler, and probably a defensive player as well. And with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder now reportedly involved - heavily - there's no telling how high the price could go.

I just don't like Cutler. He's shown his total immaturity through this whole fiasco. You DON'T need that quality in your QB. He's prone to picks and fumbles. He doesn't fit the ball control scheme we're trying to do with the O.

Did Favre? It's the same offensive coaches and scheme. They had some decent success last season on O and they have done nothing to indicate they want to change. The ONLY hint at a difference on O was claiming they wanted to get Leon more touches. Ball control? Did Vinny Testicles ooze ball control when he got to NY?

Manning his 1st year thru 28 picks

joshie F'd this whole issue up

BTW to beat the pats for title with brady at helm, it aint getting done

with clemens/rat....so continue to sniff their behinds

i made guarantee of 12-4 and SB title by 2011...what more do you want

Chris Mortensen had us as the 3rd most likely team to get Cutler, behind the Bucs and Redskins.

I tend to agree with Mort. We may not have the most pieces in place to go after him, but we've shown we're willing to do what's necessary. I wouldn't put it past Tanenbaum to send a David Harris or Darrelle Revis along with a draft pick to get Cutler.

Hopefully the Jets know when to say when..At some point admit defeat and move on. I would tend to agree the Jets do not have as much to offer unless they are willing to part with Revis.

Right and he continues to resign with Denver. He would have been a good fit here. The only Denver deal I can recall was basically giving them DRob.

yea great deal for us hey TJ? So we give them our #1 DP from a few years ago and we get....gotz...I meant Bolan not Cook above

Ever think that the reason their D was on the field so much was because of C utlers turnovers ?

Weak try. He threw 18 picks, not 47.

Roethlisberger was more prone to throwing picks than Cutler this past season, so there goes that idea since Pittsburgh had the #1 defense.

Will Jets fans ever find a quarterback that they will like?

no....which amazes me too.

I'm all for Cutler if that's what the Jets want, I'm all for Kellen Clemens if he's the starter, I'll also be the biggest Brett Ratliff fan if HE'S our QB-hell, I loved Al Woodall

I just find it funny...Peyton Manning could become available and I am sure some would say he was too old or something.

No. But it has to be a proven veteran with SB rings or multiple probowl seasons under his belt (or both) AND still be 100% healthy & in his prime AND never have said anything worth criticizing in their younger years.

Of course there's that other thing: no one like that is or will be available.

:roll:

HEY ITS THE POST STALKER

after a wild night of hot sex you decided to sign on to your favorite website and throw on a "roll eyes" to your favorite poster...right?

or was it a wild night of watching third rate cable TV all alone (besides your 3 bags of potato chips) that you decided to go online?

Archived