Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So who is willing to give a 2009 and 2010 ist round picks for Cutler?

Not I. I think we should take a run at him, but I don't want to give up the farm. I would give a first round draft pick either this or next year and then some filler picks. The guy wants out of town. The Broncos have no leverage. Don't sell the farm for this guy, his name isn't Manning for cryin out loud.

Not I. I think we should take a run at him, but I don't want to give up the farm. I would give a first round draft pick either this or next year and then some filler picks. The guy wants out of town. The Broncos have no leverage. Don't sell the farm for this guy, his name isn't Manning for cryin out loud.

Exactly, but with idiots like Dan Snyder trying to buy a SB this won't make any difference.

So who is willing to give a 2009 and 2010 ist round picks for Cutler?

PFT reports the same:

Broncos Want Two First-Rounders For Cutler

Posted by Mike Florio on April 2, 2009, 11:23 a.m.

The guy who was supposed to be the Broncos’ franchise quarterback is getting the franchise player treatment.

According to ESPN (via the Tampa Tribune), the Broncos want two first-round picks for quarterback Jay Cutler.

The Broncos also have informed interested teams that getting a quarterback in exchange isn’t a necessity.

So who’ll play quarterback for the Broncos? Chris Simms? Jeff Garcia? Jake Plummer?

Good luck, Josh McDaniels.

I guarantee you that Tannenbaum's working on a package that will bring him here. It'll probably be a bidding war between us and Snyder.

I could see the Redskins getting it done. They've had a history getting big player trades done with the Broncos (Bailey/Portis) and Snyders never been afraid to throw draft picks and money around to get what he wants.

We have chance though and if two #1 picks is all it would take I'd do it in a heartbeat. That may be the asking price now, but if the Jets made that offer I'm convinced Snyder and the Skins would go over the top, maybe even throwing in a few players and obviously Campbell who is much better than anything we can offer them.

sooner or later Jets fans have to learn that the path to a super bowl doesn't include trading for your QB in the offseason before.

Ya'd think the Favre situation would have taught us that... I guess not.

You seriously can't be comparing Jay Cutler to Favre, it's ridiculous.

Favre was a washed up, broken down 39 year old QB signed in August, a QB who has been terrible to for two of the three previous seasons and was only ever going to be a one year fix.

I despised the move to get Favre, anyone who posted on this board at the time of the trade could tell you that, it never made sense to me. I couldn't feel any more different in regards to Cutler.

Cutler is a young 25 year old, potentially elite QB who could be the face of this franchise for the next 10 seasons. A guy who is yet to hit his prime and yet he's already proven that he can play at an incredibly high level. His talent and attributes are off the charts when it comes to QB measurable. Maybe the best arm in the league, mobile, accurate etc. I've been critical of his consistency in the past, but if you can't see the kids potential then you really cannot have too much credibility when it comes to judging football players.

Exactly.... A guy like this doesnt come around very often... almost never in the nfl! baseball different story... but franchise qb's that are 25 years old and just starting there career are never just let go..or traded... never happens!!! there franchised or signed to long term deals... so this is a very unique situation...

That's another thing, I don't want a QB who's parents follow him from town to town. get a life.

You sound like a 14-year old who thinks being around his parents is uncool.

My parents sold their house and moved a few blocks from me so that they could be closer to their grandchildren.

If my son was an NFL QB and I had nothing tying me down to a particular location, I would definitely move to the city he was playing in to see as many games in person as possible. I guess that's pretty lame though...

Ryan works for Tannenbaum, not the other way around.

If the Jets are going to come up with the most attractive offer, it's probably gonna have to include a starter. Denver has defensive deficiencies, and the Jets have more talent on that side of the ball than on offense, anyway. Harris makes as much sense as anyone.

MY G-D!! Why are we even debating an ILBer who had one good year over a franchise QB.

I like Harris, I think Harris is a very good LBer. But very good LBers don't get you to SB's , YOUNG STUD QB's whose first two full seasons punk Peyton's first two get you there.

PLEASE guys. Trusnik will get his shot. Harris is replacable!!!!! Cutler is ONE of those guys. He was THE QB in that draft, everyone else guessed wrong, even us.

Now he's in our grasp,

F##K Harris!!!!!!

We pissed ourselves over a 39 year old QB last year, how about a 26 year old with a leading rusher who had under 400 yards, ran for half that himself and added 4,500 yards and 25TDs!!

What the F$%K is the problem?!!!!!!!!

Considering age and everything, I can't think of another guy I'd want. not many, that's for dammmm sure!!!

This is madness,whatever the best offer is, BEAT IT!!!!!!

and it can be done w/o touching Leon or Revis or Cotchery!.

Yes, I give up Thomas Jones, so fast ,call me Quickdraw McGraw

The AFC's leading rusher(who else has that, and denver's leading rusher ran for like 350,lololol) and a #2 and Rat or KC......plus a few more picks under 2 for a year or two.

Trade TJ while he's peaked, get a stud RB in the draft, meanwhile we got neon and HaulBricks ,actually put anyone behind T-rich and that line!!!

TANNY WILL GET HIM!!!

WE ARE THE NEW BULLIES IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!! NE, lick that dog sh-t

Miami, run away, you're too pathetic to hit, and MR. TO....hahahaha, I want to introduce you to a couple friends Darrelle and Kerry, come over here, actually, Kerry stay over there with Lito. Darrelle will handle this wash-up.

Kut-laaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The AFC's leading rusher(who else has that, and denver's leading rusher ran for like 350,lololol) and a #2 and Rat or KC......plus a few more picks under 2 for a year or two.

Trade TJ while he's peaked, get a stud RB in the draft, meanwhile we got neon and HaulBricks ,actually put anyone behind T-rich and that line!!!

TANNY WILL GET HIM!!!

WE ARE THE NEW BULLIES IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!! NE, lick that dog sh-t

Miami, run away, you're too pathetic to hit, and MR. TO....hahahaha, I want to introduce you to a couple friends Darrelle and Kerry, come over here, actually, Kerry stay over there with Lito. Darrelle will handle this wash-up.

Kut-laaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Now, I'm all for day-time drinking, but pace yourself bro....pace yourself.

No thank you.

Come on, TJ? I've always respected you as one of the more knowledgable guys here, mainly because you disagree with me so much, LOL. Jay Cutler?

I think what people are missing, and it just came to me is that we have the LEADING AFC RUSHER!!!

look at the facts:

1.Denver's leading rusher had 300 and change last year. They instantly get a running attack.

2.Of course ,unlike us they don't know that there is no way TJ duplicates that!

3. We get Leon his touches, get to keep more picks which we use on a RB and WR.

4. Anyone can run behind our Line,exhibit A,TJ.

5. We have "The Lex Line"Caulcrick,

6. Tanny always gets his man!!!!!!!

Cutler is a young 25 year old, potentially elite QB who could be the face of this franchise for the next 10 seasons. A guy who is yet to hit his prime and yet he's already proven that he can play at an incredibly high level. His talent and attributes are off the charts when it comes to QB measurable. Maybe the best arm in the league, mobile, accurate etc. I've been critical of his consistency in the past, but if you can't see the kids potential then you really cannot have too much credibility when it comes to judging football players.

franchise QB's don't cry their way out of town. Franchise QB's say "Im going to prove you wrong coach" and show up to camp on fire. Cutler isn't a franchise QB. He's a very good QB who lacks the character to ever win the Lombardi trophy.

And this is coming from a person who was maybe the world's biggest Cutler supporter before the draft. But this isn't a contest between Cutler, Leinart and Young. It's a contest between Cutler and multiple first rounders, I'll keep the first rounders thanks very much.

people think McDaniels is a dummy - just a fool - the truth is he knows more about Cutler than most and he didn't get that job because he's a fool. whoever trades for Cutler isn't getting a QB who will do what he's told, they are getting a loose cannon.

Come on, TJ? I've always respected you as one of the more knowledgable guys here, mainly because you disagree with me so much, LOL. Jay Cutler?

I think what people are missing, and it just came to me is that we have the LEADING AFC RUSHER!!!

look at the facts:

1.Denver's leading rusher had 300 and change last year. They instantly get a running attack.

2.Of course ,unlike us they don't know that there is no way TJ duplicates that!

3. We get Leon his touches, get to keep more picks which we use on a RB and WR.

4. Anyone can run behind our Line,exhibit A,TJ.

5. We have "The Lex Line"Caulcrick,

6. Tanny always gets his man!!!!!!!

I think Denver is all set @ RB, they signed two this off season.

i guess you guys won't trade TJ for Cutler, or do i just scare you? Is it my fonts?lol

A 31 year old average RB? No good?, OK. I'm up for debate, but i rarely get that,why,i wonder?

People who don't want Jay Cutler on this football team scare me.

You should see me with my goalie mask on.

Archived